Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Community News Roundup!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject:  Community News Roundup!
Subject description: Covering january and early february.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! I've been quiet during these latest months in terms of news posting. I was desesperately writting with my university's final project dissertation, which is everything that I need to finish my computer science graduation, after all these years. Right now, I'm waiting for a revision from the text and I've been working on Voxel Section Editor III a lot. It has gained features such as Import .3ds models as voxel files or sections, crop section and several random bug fixes. You can view all changes HERE and replace the vxlse_iii.exe from a previous 1.38 installation of the program with this executable to use the new features.

So, it's time to return to cover the news from the community. Luckily, our friends from CnC Relived did most of the 'EA part of the job'. Anyway, here's what matters and what I remember:

:::[Community News]:::

-> Official Command & Conquer Website received a lot of news and material about C&C4. The only news that matter there is that the C&C4 Beta is now public. But don't expect it to play much, since the game will be released next month. So, hurry up and get playing. There are keys for everyone at GameSpot.

-> CNCNZ has released roundtable discussions monthly. The last one, released in the end of january, covered topics like Tiberium collection system, beta and collectors editor for C&C4, mods, Twitter and Facebook for community. The people who answered were Sonic and Nmenth from CNCNZ, chickendippers from CnC World, Ryan from Planet CnC, Mighty Bob! from CnC Source, NODSOLDIERGIRL from CnC 247, Nathancnc from CnC Sector and yours truly.

-> CnC World has announced the results of Guess the Hits contest. And Destructive was the winner, with the closest guess to 13,511 unique hits. The really lucky person of this contest was Adam, who was the second place winning Burnout Paradise for PC. At least, for me, that would the best prize, since I already own all C&C games.

-> ModDB is slowly releasing the results of the Mod of the Year Awards or, should we call it FPS Mod of the Year Awards, since only one non-FPS mod was featured there and that was thanks to the fans. Unforutnately, it is a Company of Heroes mod and not a Command & Conquer one, The only mod related to Command & Conquer that was mentioned as one of the nominees for Best Multiplayer Mod is Renegade X. The 10 most voted Mods of the Year will be displayed in a day. Perhaps Middle East Crisis and Renegade X have chances to be one of them, but certainly not the winner, since that place breaths FPS and Half Life... and anything derived from Half Life.

:::[Modding News]:::

-> CnCMods.Net have some of the original uprising XML files provided by APOC. You can now bring some of the Uprising units to the original Red Alert 3 using the art sources previously provided by EA.

-> Generals Delta, an enhanced mod for Generals led by Gen. Kenobi, received several updates and they've posted a lot of screenshots from new units like this one below:

-> Command & Conquer 2142, TC for C&C3 that brings Battlefield 2142 universe to the game, received a massive update with screenshots from the recently created units.

-> Project Evans's second developper blog is online. This mod brings true nava warfare to Zero Hour. This development blog features new structures, specially shipayrds for the US and GLA and few units.

-> Blitzkrieg II staff released a new mission map called The Great Patriotic War. It's set in 1945, at the battles where the soviets managed to liberate the eastern europe from the nazi.

-> Marshall has updated the Launch Base a lot recently. This program allows you to deal with multiples mods without hassle with Yuri's Revenge. And that includes support for Ares (Rock Patch 2) and Syringe as well.

And I guess that's all for now. I've mainly covered the affiliates from PPM and few other sites, but I already took a long time to write this news. I'll post more news about PPM internal goodies soon. Stay tuned!

Gen.Kenobi
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I just noticed now that my 2 mods have been spotlighted #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!