Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
I need help with 3 things.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TheGrim
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject:  I need help with 3 things.
Subject description: =)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone =)

i need help with 3 things.

I have made some models in Renx, and what i wonder is:
How do i code so the bullet comes out from the barrel?
When it shoots, it spawns at the middle of my model. kinda weird looking.

2. When i model new buildings, and put it into game, it is all invisible.
I import for an example the ChinaWarFactory and then edit it some, then when i set the building in the ini to have it as model, it is just invisible and you can see this thingy that goes from point A to B all the time. (i mean this thing next to the doors on chinawarfactory)

If i model a tank or basedefense with 3 cannons, can i make that so 1 cannon shoots Laser, one shoots standard AP-Bullets and one shoots Toxins?

I would really appreciate if someone helped me =)

Thanks Guys Very Happy

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) you need to have a bone that corresponds to an entry in your ini. Something like TURRETMS01 or WEAPONA01 and then the tag WeaponLaunchBone = in your ini under the model condition state.

2)idk whats happenening here

3)You can have 2 turrets in the game without fancy coding. So, you can attach weapon 1 to the first turret, weapon 2 to the second, and finally weapon 3 could be on a non rotating turret.

Gen.Kenobi
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3) Or he could have 1 turret with different weapon barrels...firing different weapons... Smile

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which would PrimaryLaunchBone = SecondaryLaunchBone = TiertiaryLaunchBone = etc

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More like this:
Code:
WeaponLaunchBone = PRIMARY bonename
WeaponLaunchBone = SECONDARY bonename
WeaponLaunchBone = TERTIARY bonename

Wink

TheGrim
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do i make these "Bones"?
I imported some stuff into RenX from CnC, and it got those blue thingy's saying: WEAPONA01 and stuff. I delete everything but them. And import my model, and put them at the barrels. And i do PrimaryLaunchBone=WEAPONA01 in the ini but it's still not coming from barrel. Just "Spawning" out of nowhere in the middle of the tank/building.

Should i do "Linking" with Barrel and WEAPONA01?
Should i Attach the WEAPONA01 to the barrel?
Im kinda confused =P

Thx for helpin' me Guys. Very Happy

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are you giving the proper codes?

just because you add those into your Unit.. you need to make the Units have the codes that says.. "WEAPONAO1 is the thing i spawn a bullet/rocket or whatever from"

-edit, i read your last post to quick and didnt realize you said you added the code xD

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon