Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
VenomRage Mod [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Cranium
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 10 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
Ahhhh yes, the Ramp fixes. Why in the world would they tie those in with the slopes? I guess there's some odd reason behind WW's madness. Smile

To make the ramp pieces have different image (blend better with the surrounding) depending on the surrounding tiles (flat or slope).

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
To make the ramp pieces have different image (blend better with the surrounding) depending on the surrounding tiles (flat or slope).

Ah, I see. But how's come even if I place all the slopes with my slope pieces the ramp fixes still show up ingame when they shouldnt?

Here's an update to the ConYard, does this setup look better?

a329.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.28 KB
 Viewed:  13242 Time(s)

a329.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But how's come even if I place all the slopes with my slope pieces the ramp fixes still show up ingame when they shouldnt?

The game automatically replaces incorrect slope pieces with the fix pieces. Thus you can't place some slopes in FinalAlert without the engine changing them (although in RA2, the slope pieces and the fix pieces are graphically identical).

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Crim.

So I was bored from other stuff and fiddled around and came up with these. I dont know why I chose this texture cause these colors arent even in my mod. Maybe I'll make a seperate set of cliffs for these.

Image103.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  596.31 KB
 Viewed:  13198 Time(s)

Image103.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like my new UtilityPole design? I think they need to be a tad bit taller though.

And can somebody tell me why every time I blow up a civi building it's rubble appears as the Prison Fence?

[edit] and how about some new tracks to go along with the poles?

tracks.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  340.82 KB
 Viewed:  13153 Time(s)

tracks.png

UtilityPole.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  444.65 KB
 Viewed:  13161 Time(s)

UtilityPole.png

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poles and voxels are sexy, frankly. I think the jeep should be smaller though. Railroad track bothers me because the wood bars inside it are white. Other than that.... good. good stuff. Very Happy

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The white you see there isn't the wood rails, those are stones that are in between them. I'm making some under the track terrain tiles to compliment it a little better. They'll look pretty cool when they are done.
I'm probably gonna make it to where the poles are spaced out a little further too. I think they are to close together.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made some adjustments and a few changes to my design of this rf fighter jet, look like a winner?

top.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.08 KB
 Viewed:  13018 Time(s)

top.png

left.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.61 KB

left.png

front.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.05 KB

front.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O.K. does it look convincing enough now?

Now all I need to do is wait for Ares to implement Aircrafts as .shp's and things will be awsome. Razz

a355.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.95 KB
 Viewed:  13000 Time(s)

a355.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started making this NukeExplosion in 3dsMax, and I was making it from a video tutorial that I found on BING Video, But for some strange reason when I just went to finish it up, the damn video tut wasnt there anymore. If this looks familar to anyone, and you know what video tut I'm referring too, could you please post me a link to it, it would be very appreciative.

NukeExplosion.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.96 KB
 Viewed:  12921 Time(s)

NukeExplosion.png

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:

And can somebody tell me why every time I blow up a civi building it's rubble appears as the Prison Fence?

Do not re-order the overlay list.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I'm looking forward for that nuke to be finished.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its in wrong angle apparently, else potential work there. only 3dsmax tut for nuke seems to be still up and actually is youtube vid in several parts.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Allied General, I dont recall reordering any of the overlays, but I'll check just to make sure.

About the Nuke, dont mind the angle, it was just a render to use for this topic.
I took another look on bing video and still wasnt there, so I headed on over to youtube and after a little bit I found them. This time I book marked them. Very Happy

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm back to trying to get some things finished up.

how's this production anim look? smooth enough?

cnst production anim.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.2 KB
 Viewed:  12729 Time(s)

cnst production anim.gif

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The arm is a bit shaking Confused Maybe some more frames will do the job.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Dutchy, I see what your syaing, I'll try a few more frames to smooth things out a bit more.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what do you think of this beast? It's still a WIP.

a417.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.1 KB
 Viewed:  12706 Time(s)

a417.png

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tracks? Are you gonna include the train logic in your mod?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Untrue wrote:
Tracks? Are you gonna include the train logic in your mod?

I havent decided yet. They may just end up being eye candy.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Gatt Truck looks a bit fragile. I can already imagine it toppling over from the recoil #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You really think so?, here's some other views. You dont think this would work? Hmmm, I actually thought about making it a DeployToFire= type vehicle, maybe using a wo for alt image with extended support legs when attacking. Though not sure what I'm doing with it right now.

gat004.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.79 KB
 Viewed:  12590 Time(s)

gat004.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. That vehicle means business.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: vrs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is disgusting, I wouldn't want to see a patrol on them coming at me. Does it have a Hemi?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think she's ready for conversion now, look good?

a434.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.26 KB
 Viewed:  12444 Time(s)

a434.png

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a shame that when converting to voxel, you lose a lot of detail Neutral

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, it is a damn shame isnt it? Sad

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well since you've improved so much in 3D why not move to C&C3? #Tongue

Or you could just make your vehicles SHPs to compensate.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

Then have totally flat maps? LOL!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

Reign of Steel is pretty epic.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
DaRTzO wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

Reign of Steel is pretty epic.

As well as RAII.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because somebody has shp units dosent mean the map terrain has to be flat. Yeah they have a ugly way of climbing slopes, but the level of detail of the shp vs slope positioning compensates for it, IMO. And besides, this new unit has to be shp anyway, it way exceeds the amount of kb's that .3ds will allow for exporting. But thats o.k., cause 90% of my mod is shp anyway. Razz

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would never make a trade off for ugly slope climbing vs super detailed orgasmic shps. The shp would look nice and make my eys pop out but once I would see it go up a hill and look like it's trying to teabag the terrain constantly I would probably like the mod 3/4 less.

Unless the shp is a mech ofcourse.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
I would never make a trade off for ugly slope climbing vs super detailed orgasmic shps. The shp would look nice and make my eys pop out but once I would see it go up a hill and look like it's trying to teabag the terrain constantly I would probably like the mod 3/4 less.

Unless the shp is a mech ofcourse.

It's not about what you would do, this is Cranium's mod thread and about what he is doing. You have already established that you dislike the trade off, no point trying to change what Cranium set his mind to and what the majority seems to support.

Anyways, keep it up Cranium, very nice models. Model needs more remap and texture variety though imo :p

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, mod's going to still be mostly .shp except for a small fraction of things that absolutly needed to be .vxl for certain reasons like this here new big gun "which I wasnt going to show" will replace the gtgcan and turret needs to be vxl for animated turret reasons.

and thanks for the comments guys Very Happy

a438.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.34 KB
 Viewed:  12267 Time(s)

a438.png

a438.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.34 KB
 Viewed:  12268 Time(s)

a438.png

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^that looks rly good

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
O.K. does it look convincing enough now?

Now all I need to do is wait for Ares to implement Aircrafts as .shp's and things will be awsome. Razz

Holy shit man. With those skills you could become a 3D artist, work in Hollywood and become stinkin' rich.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that turret, btw.

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also like the turret.

I think It might look good with one of those armor plates found on WWI era cannon... maybe. It also might look terrible. Just a thought though.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ignoring the fool:
can we see an ingame of this turret? It's hard to judge it from this angle Wink

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
can we see an ingame of this turret? It's hard to judge it from this angle

I have a few more things to finish up on it first before I can make it game ready. I'll post it as soon as it's finished.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

making a tank buster to add to venoms arsenal. Still wip, and has alot of work left. But this thing is gonna pack a punch on any tank armor! you dont wanna be on patrol and come face to face with a couple of these monsters.

a440.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.33 KB
 Viewed:  12054 Time(s)

a440.png

a441.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.24 KB
 Viewed:  12054 Time(s)

a441.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got my new VMCV (Venom MCV) almost done Very Happy

But now I have to redo the ConYard buildup to incorporate it, but thats o.k. Razz

vmcv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  281.55 KB
 Viewed:  11924 Time(s)

vmcv.png

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well...wow!

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, things have kinda gone in a different direction. Even though .shp units look really nice ingame and can utilize some stellar anims/graphics, thier overall performance hasnt really impressed me at all. Though some units will remain .shp the majority will now be converted to vxl. So tonight I started the precess of converting. these are the first 5 to make it into game. And although I really suck at voxeling, these dont look to bad via 3ds2vxl. All have working turrets, firing anims via weapon, and cameos are done too.

some tanks.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.97 KB
 Viewed:  11890 Time(s)

some tanks.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those look unusually good for 3ds2vxl conversions Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember that Nuke I posted about a little ways above. I did some more to it. Starting to look good. Should be fully done within a few more days Smile

NukeExplosion.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  671.77 KB
 Viewed:  11814 Time(s)

NukeExplosion.gif

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks ok it just needs to look like its mushrooming out rather than simply getting bigger. If possible I'd add some kind of smokiness to the edge so it doesn't look quite as unnatural. You can also spot the fireball under the smoke ring at the beginning. #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on it. I still have to add a couple more stages to it. Ring "Shockwave", smoke, and some debris flying around. The end result should be beautiful Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you think of this for a possible grizzly upgrade?

grizz2_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  433.74 KB
 Viewed:  11692 Time(s)

grizz2_000.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 10 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon