Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
VenomRage Mod [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Cranium
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No one seems to comment on anything in the mod anouncement section these days.

So I shall Very Happy

That tank does not seem allied at all in any way. The colour scheme also doesn't fit them. That seems very very very Soviet.

Nice model nontheless.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
Nice model nontheless.

Check that avatar.

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa... some kind of double barrel'd awesomeness!

Nice woik.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Untrue wrote:
L()KI wrote:
Nice model nontheless.

Check that avatar.

What I see nothing.... Very Happy

Back on topic.

You should add some sharp stuff to the front and call it the new apocolypse tank.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
That tank does not seem allied at all in any way. The colour scheme also doesn't fit them. That seems very very very Soviet.

That is correct, it's a modified Soviet T72S. I was just wondering if you guys thought it would make a good upgrade from the grizzly. But then, yeah it does look way to soviet for it. Thanks for the feed back. Thats all I needed to know. Smile

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

starting to come together somewhat. Still have many things to add to the Venom faction. Most of it being already done model and texture, just been either to busy doing other stuff or just plain lazy to add it in. Laughing

VenomFaction ingame wip.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Viewed:  13220 Time(s)

VenomFaction ingame wip.png

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good. It's proof anyone can put work into a mod and release a solid product.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Nuke Silo looks so out-of-place now #Tongue

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The telegraph poles are huuuge! #Tongue

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work, keep it up. I am looking forward to the release, I'll actually dig out my dusty EXE for that.

Also, I lol'd at you having a forum... with this thread still where almost all of the news goes :p

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, I actually forgot all about my forum. From this point forward any and all news about VenomRage will be in the VenomRage forum. Thanks for everyones support and comments thru out this thread.

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have a forum and are planning to put your news there instead of here,maybe you could link it to the image in your signature? Smile

It might be more obvious for people like me not used to the button (assuming this is bringing to the right place)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's hosted here at PPM, though

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, that website is just gonna be for hosting images and stuff, my mod is hosted here as orac stated. Sig is now linked to the forum here which is where everything from now on will be. I'm gonna ask Banshee if he can move this thread into my mods forum.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just modeled a new type of Power Plant, going to be given to the newer faction SpecialForce.

1098.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.61 KB
 Viewed:  12877 Time(s)

1098.png

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, though I can't really tell where the building ends and that huge smokestack (if that's even what that is) begins.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good, Cranium! Definitely improved upon your early work Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry so late Orac, but thanks Smile

You guys think this looks alright for a bunker?

1079.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.75 KB
 Viewed:  12758 Time(s)

1079.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's decent as it is. As far as bunker-like appearance goes, its pretty solid. Even so, I don't quite like how the roof is done.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, some camo netting or something on the roof would be better.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you guys think of this concept for an advanced helipad ?

1054.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.98 KB
 Viewed:  12669 Time(s)

1054.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how bout this? Look good enough for texturing?
I think I'm gonna use this to help power the SecretSoceity.

Turbines.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.44 KB
 Viewed:  12639 Time(s)

Turbines.gif

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: ie Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks good, but the anim could use some more frames from the looks of it; it looks a bit laggy at some points.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh, i had all the frames here, but somehow during optimazation a frame got lost. But it does run smooth without jumping. Razz

Animation2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.31 KB
 Viewed:  12600 Time(s)

Animation2.gif

Edge
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it speeds up for a few frames which is cool. Awesome work.

iNs0MNiaC
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah that's a really nice animation you got going there.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Smile

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could say it sucks, but I can not bring myself to tell a lie. keep post screenshots, love to see the work.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how does this new "veteran" corporal insignia look?, the "elite" seargent one is same thing except one extra bar of course.

new pip insignia.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  526.69 KB
 Viewed:  12395 Time(s)

new pip insignia.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't look bad at all except they're way too big IMO.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
They don't look bad at all except they're way too big IMO.

This.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tanks look too big to come out of the WF, but other than that pretty sweet

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make them a wee bit smaller, but I dont want them to be too small.

@NVH, not my fault I'm limited to a meer 5x3 warfac to accomodate new larger tanks. Confused

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:

@NVH, not my fault I'm limited to a meer 5x3 warfac to accomodate new larger tanks. Confused

Wee bit? They should be like 40-50% smaller.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just for your information, that modified VPL doesn't look good when compared to the SHP's or terrain. The voxels now look far too dark, excluding the one at the top center which fits in really nicely.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Aro, indeed! just havent had a chance to edit the vpl any further yet.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:

Yeah, I know...... amazing work!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, I fiddled around with different sized WarFacs with CustomFoundations before. Didnt seem to work too good. I'll just stick with the 5x3 for now.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making the War Factory itself taller and utilizing the 5x3 foundation better could help too. I mean, the current WF is more like the vanilla game Allied factory, not-so-tall and lots of decoration around the main structure frame and a rather small factory door. Detail is good I suppose but you could technically make the WF appear bigger and look better with larger vehicles even with the current 5x3 foundation.

An example of what I kind of meant attached. Gamemate's work from years ago, boxy and what not but I suppose it demonstrates the basic principle of my suggestion fairly well.

coorpwf.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.25 KB
 Viewed:  12062 Time(s)

coorpwf.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm, a taller one with wider door just might do it. But that means I'd have to redo all anims and bib all over again. I'm not sure I'm willing to redo it all over for the forth time again. I'll have to think about it.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I think it could kill your mod to make as suggested. Your work is killer. If I can find any help with the bigger War Factory foundation I'll let you know.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New low bridge being constructed

993.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.44 KB
 Viewed:  11828 Time(s)

993.png

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: VRM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very sexy!!!!

Yeah i say that alot but when the work is killer...........sexy is nice, lol

And that bridge could be very useful in a couple of my maps.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:

Sorry for late response but this is wrong. It can be smaller, bigger... you just have to keep the facing and have to use Ares Custom Foundation for it.

IIRC I've shared my findings with you after you gave me that pyramid warfactory for testing purposes. Probably that post was made before I started experimenting with it.

Crap, I miss my PC, I'm getting outdated.

And of course great work... I feel myself so stupid when I meet with 3D works and I can't do even a single box in 3D.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: VR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Graion Dilach: Yeah I remember the conversation. I need to take the advice you gave and apply it. It will be great for my planned war factory. If I didn't thank you then.....thanks for your input on that matter.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion, yeah, but didnt it still have some bugs with it? Has it been tested enough? I'm simply not going to redo my warfac unless I'm 100% sure its bug free.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: VR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you wouldn't have to remake it. You could scale it up. I haven't tested the scale up idea, not sure if you can scale up in numbers.like you can rotate and move by specific degrees number.

Is that a 2 lane bridge? or just unfinished 4 lane?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, until you keep the exit path on the current side, no problem will be done. You just have to adjust ExitCoord accordingly.

The bugs will crop up if you move the exit cell anywhere except the south side.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon