Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YURI Map of the World
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
theextractor
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject:  YURI Map of the World Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is a yuri map i made of the globe. it's really very interesting to play on.

2-8 players, there is one airfield per player, approximately 15 oil derricks, ore is plentiful along with gems in the north and south poles.

while this map is not symmetrical and not necessarily balanced, it is excellent for team battles with each team controlling one side of the earth. free-for-all can be crowded especially in north america.

epic navel battles, land battles are more likely to happen in africa or russia

also really fun to explore!

Enjoy!
-theextractor

the world as we know it v.3 (2-8).zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  the world as we know it v.3 (2-8).zip
 Filesize:  327.59 KB
 Downloaded:  714 Time(s)

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Yuri Map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not normally a big fan of plain maps, but seeing this map reminded me of when RA2 First came out. I played a similar map online. I used my own rules, not the original, but not bad. IMO this would be a good online map.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You make it by hand? Looks a little inaccurate. #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I more guess he imported an image and let FA2 make a map for him, with him fixing the errors #Tongue

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, my suggestion is adding more objects,cliffs,etc.....

But if you imported an image to FA2, at least you fixed the shores tiles errors, i think i gonna play it also. Smile

Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, but... why have a player start in Alaska? Make it start in Antarctica!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... Where's the Gobi Desert?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHO SPLIT MOTHER RUS'?

theextractor
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i didn't import a map, i didn't even know you could do that, i did it by hand with a map for reference.

haha, i know there really isn't a river running through the entire continent, but i wanted to split up the two starting places.

adding cliffs on this kind of map would have been very difficult since that would require different levels of ground, this map is really tight, it would have been tricky.

i also didn't want any players to start in the north or south poles, instead i put oil derricks. this also makes team battles better. a player could definitely move to Antarctica!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELOVED NEW ZEALAND?!

...Now that I have that off my chest, the map looks bland and boring. It needs more of everything - slopes, cliffs, interesting tile placement. Everything.

Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Zealand seems to be a part of a group of giant islands which are suspiciously close to the inlands of Asia and Australia...

LOL I tried the map, and set player countries to the ones according to the map.... it was then that I realized that you have practically 3 player positions in America.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: yuri map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you want some cliffs added open map editor and show the mini map. take a screen shot, paste that in to whatever photo program you have (EX:photoshop)..... showing the map and the minimap......copy the mini map and paste new pic....then rezise the image to something big enough to see and write on. draw some lines where you want cliffs on the map. if you dont want to do that, ill take a crack on remaking it if u dont mind

theextractor
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woah easy on the criticism guys, i just wanted to try something different!

obviously it's not completely accurate i.e. the islands around australia, but i had to make allowances in order for it to be playable.

as i said, this would be very crowded for free-for-all, but it works great as a team map.

fitting cliffs into this map would be basically impossible, still allowing room for bases. it's meant to be an aesthetic representation of the global map. cliffs would just look huge and out of place.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theextractor wrote:
woah easy on the criticism guys, i just wanted to try something different!

obviously it's not completely accurate i.e. the islands around australia, but i had to make allowances in order for it to be playable.

as i said, this would be very crowded for free-for-all, but it works great as a team map.

fitting cliffs into this map would be basically impossible, still allowing room for bases. it's meant to be an aesthetic representation of the global map. cliffs would just look huge and out of place.

Not really, in the place of shores and thoses things you can put cliffs, it think that would cause an really great effect at your map without making it unfair,etc...

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Yuri Map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like I said not a fan of plain maps, but I liked it. I only played 3 on 1 and it was a good game.

Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put a small cliff where Mtn. Everest is... I want a conscript to go up there XD

theextractor
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can see how making entire continents with cliffs might be possible, if anyone wants to, go for it.

however, i'm not a fan of the way the cliffs have to go at such defined angles, i'm afraid the continents would become blocky and completely unrecognizable.

certainly cliffs are valuable, but i'm not going to put them in, so again, if anyone wants to, go for it.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP for knowledge!!! #Tongue

Anyways, i haven't tried this map yet (sorry XD) though i maded an print screen about the change i was talking about.

As you can see, as an suggestion, you can use the shores that are almost unused as you can see it (like australia and others for example and put cliffs soo you can alternate, soo it stills get not unfair to anyone and make the map less plain, and as you can see, the minimap almost the same (the area in the print screen okay?)

Anyways, i'm looking to "work" in this map if you let me (with credits of course) Smile

try this.PNG
 Description:
THIS is what i mean. :)
 Filesize:  872.44 KB
 Viewed:  6877 Time(s)

try this.PNG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon