Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Random Lightning strike
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject:  Random Lightning strike
Subject description: How to make lightning strike a random waypoint.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On my map, I would like to make a lightning strike that hits any of my 43 waypoints every 1000 "seconds". I have set the time using event 13, elapsed time, and that should work fine, but I am wondering if it is possible to make the lightning strike happen at any waypoint.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can set recurring weather storms, but lighting strikes always automatically target position 0.

However if you want lighting storms as there were in Tiberian sun, there is already a way to do this........
I also once struggled with this question in the past, and with a lot of work, I was able to figure it out on my own. Back then I wish I had realized it had already been "figured out" on modding sites years before I ever had the problem.

My next post after I gather the code will contain the code you need for simulated ion storms.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[General]
LightningDamage=95
LightningWarhead=IonWH
LightningHitDelay=150
LightningDeferment=15
LightningPrintText=no
LightningCellSpread=275
LightningSeparation=10
LightningScatterDelay=2
LightningStormDuration=900

[IonWH]
Wall=no
Wood=no
Rocker=no
Verses=180%,150%,140%,120%,100%,80%,20%,70%,20%,100%,100%
CellSpread=2
Conventional=yes
PercentAtMax=.35

[AudioVisual]
StormSound=none

After you add that, weather storm will now automatically randomly target the entire map with random bolts...

Also set 1 repeating trigger that spawns a weather-storm at the center of the map every 61 seconds. This allows for constant storm, or you can adjust it so the storm only goes off once and awhile.

LightningStormDuration=900
This controls Storm length after creation. It is in frames, 15 frames per game second. So it's currently set to 60 game seconds. Note this # cannot go Too high.

Give The allies a New Super-weapon to replace their old one. Consider sharing the soviets Nuclear Silo, or making a cloned Nuke Silo so they both can fire at same time. I'll provide the code below.

[GAWEAT]
Name=Soviet Nuclear Missile Silo
Armor=concrete
Image=NAMISL
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
Sight=4
Crewed=yes
Points=30
UIName=Name:NAMISL
Nominal=yes
Spyable=yes
Adjacent=2
BuildCat=Combat
NukeSilo=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=5
TechLevel=1
BuildLimit=1
Capturable=false
DamageSelf=yes
DebrisAnim=Dbris3sm,Dbris4lg,Dbris4sm,Dbris6sm,Dbris7lg,Dbris7sm,Dbris8sm,Dbris9lg,Dbris10lg,Dbris10sm
AIBuildThis=yes
RevealToAll=yes
SuperWeapon=NukeSpecial2
ThreatPosed=0
ChargedAnimTime=1
AIBasePlanningSide=1
HasStupidGuardMode=false
SpecialThreatValue=1
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,LGSparkSys

[NukeSpecial2]
UIName=Name:Nuke
Name=N U K E !!!
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I154
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
;RechargeTime=0.1
RechargeTime=10
Type=MultiMissile
SidebarImage=NukeIcon
Action=Airstrike
WeaponType=NukeCarrier
ShowTimer=yes

[SuperWeaponTypes]
1=NukeSpecial
2=IronCurtainSpecial
3=LightningStormSpecial
4=ChronoSphereSpecial
5=ChronoWarpSpecial
6=ParaDropSpecial
7=AmericanParaDropSpecial
8=PsychicDominatorSpecial
9=SpyPlaneSpecial
10=GeneticConverterSpecial
11=ForceShieldSpecial
12=PsychicRevealSpecial
13=NukeSpecial2

Enjoy.

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, thanks so much! I have tried enabling the ion storm before via the game settings box but it didn't do anything. This is definitely better, thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon