Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Farmland (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject:  Farmland (2-8)
Subject description: MadHQ's Submission - CCCII Winner!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ's Submission:

Aro's Rating:

Detail - 18 / 20
The first thing I said the second I opened this map up in Final Alert was "Holy Sh*t!". I have never seen a map like this before. The detailing was brilliant, absoloutely great use of everything. The only thing that pulled you away from the perfect 20 was the fact that some slopes were blocky and a bit more LAT could of been used around player locations. Other than that detailing is excellent and very fitting with that of other Red Alert 2 maps. Brilliant job!

Lighting - 11 / 20
The lighting was alright, nothing special but nothing over the top or something that looked bad either. A great use of Negative and positive light posts in certain areas (even though due-to the size of the map it was almost impossible to spot them at first glance). 5 For global, 6 for Light posts.

Layout - 20 / 20
Perfect layout. Lots of chokepoints and cliff elevation levels and bridges. This map will make for great tactical opportunities.

Game-play - 19 / 20
The gameplay was brilliant too. The AI's fortified themselves really well due-to the smart placement of civilian buildings and player locations. It's a shame there was no tech on the map to take advantage of, but the map allows you to base stretch with refineries for those who prefer to play as the Soviets or Allies other than Yuri. Great job, I had a brilliant 4v4 game and I highly reccomend people adding this to their mods.

Triggers & INI Tweaks - 12 / 20
Lots of different ambient sounds which is excellent. Ambient sounds can really add a lot to the feel of a map. Very good usage. INI Tweaks consisted of none from what I saw. Naval yards should of been disabled seeming as there isn't really much use for navy here.

Total Score : 80 / 100

Aro's Personal Comments: There was nothing mini about that minimap. This is the best Red Alert 2 map I have ever seen and played, period. It would of been perfect if changes I mentioned above were done. Non-the-less, this is the first time in years I have downloaded a public map and kept it in my Red Alert 2 directory for future play. Great work.

Ixith's Rating:

Detail - 19 / 20
The map was very well detailed over all and for the size of the thing that's a really good job. Although I found that some of the water after the waterfalls on the far left side of the map was fairly unrealistic as it ended so briefly but that's EXTREMELY minor really.

Lighting - 10 / 20
Lighting was rather basic. Hardly any change from a generic map lighting although there was some tampering done with the lighting values as I can see. With only usage of basic invisible light and negative light posts which to be honest I didn't really notice while in game.

Layout - 20 / 20
An amazing layout. It works for 4v4 and it can work for free-for-alls. Nice use of cliffs to change the height of the map along with nice entry ways into other areas of the map which allows for a quite a few choke point set ups especially with the buildings to be garrisoned.

Game-play - 16 / 20
Gameplay was quite good. there was plenty of ore fields to take advantage of but you had to watch your harvestors if you're playing a FFA match and the map allowed for expanding your base a good bit and if you like to build secondary bases there were plenty of places you could make small ones. Though I must say it was kinda boring to sit back and watch my units trek across a long long area just to get to the other side to destroy my enemies on the other side of the map. But regardless the game play was still good.

Triggers & INI Tweaks - 14 / 20
All i saw was a good bit of ambient sounds. Which is good and I heard them after i dropped the music volume down. But really nothing that was special and I think there was some good opportunity to do such with the little country camps you had set up across the map.

Total Score : 79 / 100

Ixith's Personal Comments: A very good map and really a must have in your game directory. I was shocked by the size and the balance you achieved with such. My biggest greivance is that it just had a very basic lighting and it was perhaps too wide with not enough happening in the middle of the map though for RA2/YR that is quite hard to achieve. This really is probably one of the best maps if not the best map I've seen from the community for RA2/YR.

TOTAL : 159 / 200

(Click to view map in actual size)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download!

Farmland.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Farmland.rar
 Filesize:  534.77 KB
 Downloaded:  886 Time(s)

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing, that's all I can say.

toadnuke
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on on winning the competition. This map is truly incredible.

For all the latest updates, visit my site. http://www.freewebs.com/toadnuke/

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the size of the map cause any problems? First in mind comes the minimap, how does it show up in the map selection screen? Also, does AI have issues with pathfinding in such a huge map?

Tripwired
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations, MadHQ. Well done, very nice work. Cool

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Does the size of the map cause any problems? First in mind comes the minimap, how does it show up in the map selection screen? Also, does AI have issues with pathfinding in such a huge map?

I noticed no such problems at least not with AI pathfinding. I never really pay too much attention to the minimap on the map selection screen but i believe it just resizes it proportionally until it fits.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I lost by 2 points Sad! but a win is a win. Congrats Madhq the map does look quite epic

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow how much time does MadHQ have??... all those cliffs and the waters and the shores and the overlays and the hills mustave taken him... forever!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome...

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a nicely detailed map, but it looks like a campfest type of affair. The length needs to be crunched down to improve the gameplay. I won't knock the work, but I don't like it as much as I do some of the other maps in this competition.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just how much time do people have now-a-days?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Just how much time do people have now-a-days?

Madly.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, someone makes a large map and that means he has too much free time? Great logic you've got there.

Eldrei
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why need a bridge when there's a traversable land nearby? Is that part of your strategy?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eldrei wrote:
Why need a bridge when there's a traversable land nearby? Is that part of your strategy?

Yeah i was thinking that too

Great looking map! but some of the bridges seem pretty redundant

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not exactly sure, but doesn't the sand slow units down? If so, the bridges would add a shorter and quicker route.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, not in RA2 anyway.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks well detailed, I like playing 4 on 4 long maps

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Looks well detailed, I like playing 4 on 4 long maps

Yeah me too but... your allies helps you too much, not enough thrill...

Eldrei
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This bugs me but...this map is the best map I played in my YR history. b(T_T)b

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, it would take hours for a Kirov to travel from top to bottom or vice versa.

Eldrei
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map just screams "Free for all!" I'd like to see someone 1v1 on this map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon