Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Update #5
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [55 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject:  Update #5 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good day, folks. It have been a long time with out update. I have went off-line buzy with my real life problems and left team with out proper attention. So when i have pop up on a days i haven't fould anyone at staff forum. :\
I have found it realy demotivating for myself. A lost any interest to RW. I dont want work on it any more. Just resigned. Over. End. I have already PM'ed some of you, guys, about giving everything we did for this mod. If no one will be interested, I will release it as is this at Saturday.
As for me. I have found some interest in work on RA II. Right now i am finished with terrain and did a lot. Here is a sreenshot.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is how Red Alert 2 should have been! Great work! I think that bunker thing should have been a little lower..

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry I've not been that active, but I haven't been for any projects (even my own) since real-life is eating up every second of time I have these days. Sad If you're going to be working on RAII instead, I'll glady take up the same role for it as I did for ReWire.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has a heart attack and dies.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would certainly help if I could do anything, but I imagine all you need is graphical support.

I'd like to be interested in this but if it's just going to be discontinued then theres no point...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad news, but then again, TS should stick to TS and TS only. Recreating it over YR would've required us to wait for Ares after all. Hope the assets won't get wasted, but instead will find a home in some TS-recreation mod.

Good luck with RAII!

EDIT: Bolt, you misunderstood, RAII will continue whereas RW will not.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could I have some of those Assets for TS:AE?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
EDIT: Bolt, you misunderstood, RAII will continue whereas RW will not.

He meant that if RAII will suffer the same fate as ReWire then he'd rather not get his hopes up I believe.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

There really is no point in showing any of this if it has the possibility of just ending after just a few days of inactivity...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dammit, I want to be as skilled as you, Gangster Shocked
Then I could give ROTD the facelift it desperately needs...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you're back to working on RAII? Looks absolutely splendid!

Too bad for RW though.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, what day is it in Russia right now?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that was yesterday (31st). So no, this ain't april fool's.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a shame and unfortunately I don't have enough time to work for RW, so it may not be finished at all. It's the very same reason why I wasn't able to continue TFTDR.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,at least RAII continues,and I think that we should try staying optimistic,as this looks really good Wink

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that infantry looks awesome

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the clean, cell shaded look on the vehicles.. It looks very good in the environment. Just beautiful.

Shame about ReWire, though.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was only a matter of time till someone took the DTA idea into the RA2 engine. Soon us voxellers will be out of the job #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not until TS allows SHP aircraft ^_^

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is just beautiful, how the heck did you get RA2 normals to work?

It make me happy and jealous at the same time. Makes want to go back to RA2, which will never happen though.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
This is just beautiful, how the heck did you get RA2 normals to work?

It make me happy and jealous at the same time. Makes want to go back to RA2, which will never happen though.

The lightning on the units is good because they're all shp's.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides, this is likely just a render mockup instead of being an ingame shot. Or then Gangster somehow broke the palette limitations #Tongue

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

palette limitations of what, sorry? with Ares i can make specific palette for any SHP object. Each unit, structure or cameo. For example, in RW i did two different palettes for building of each side, GDI have more tan, brown and gold colours and Nod have more grey shaded colours. I could even expand it to have a specific pallete for each object, if only i could find more easy way to create and edit thouse palettes. Someone should expand OS Palette Editor and fix bugs it have.

Terrain palette or voxel's one are indeed still harcoded.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Realy cool!

/
The shadows on the cliffs are too dark.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not IMO. They look exactly like the cliffs in Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn. No, even better.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yet how does it act on slopes?...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait to play this
I WANT TO SEE THE TESLA ZAPPING!!!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

If Gangster goes for SHP only, there's no need for real slopes.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Deformat wrote:

If Gangster goes for SHP only, there's no need for real slopes.

...you say that those are "fake" slopes?WUT.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, there are no slopes... it's just like TD/RA1, everything's flat.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...wasn't that obvious?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful work!
Do release the assets of TS: ReWire publically at least. I'm sure some people have good use for them.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well. I wont release any assets, because RW never was dead for real. Wink We are still working on it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work Gangster.

Though you should try giving the units some bright but tiny sun reflection spots (e.g. on edges pointing towards the camera), so they have some nice additional detail which you could never achieve with voxels.

The mammoth also has a slight cartoonish dark outline. Though considering your excellent modeling skills i assume it is indended to be there?!

OmegaBolt wrote:
Huh, there are no slopes... it's just like TD/RA1, everything's flat.

RA2 was no exception to this too, with its stupid non-deformable terrain and the flat maps whose only hill was placed to allow a high bridge.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Though you should try giving the units some bright but tiny sun reflection spots

Triky but I ll see what i can do. Thing is that units are done as full-remaped. And remap colours will be changed to be some more military-like: soviet-green, allied-blue, brown, black, etc.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin you understand the system makes no sense when the default terrain type is grass, right?
The use of the deform system was to simulate craters from huge weapon impacts, it worked in TS because dirt was the default terrain.
Dirt terrain + weapon impact = crater with more dirt at bottom.
Grass terrain + weapon impact = crater with grass at bottom?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If westwood wanted to fix that they could've. RA2 was just simpler.

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am SOOOO loving this! I approve!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

That's true. The effort of supplementing the terrain deformation with switching from one terrain to another may have simply been a daunting task which would have had less impact on RA2's gameplay than TS'.

I don't feel that it is very important in RA-II either. If the game is played flat, then there is really no requirement of map deformation.

I'd like to see what Gangster has in store for us... There was talk of psychic weapons and science fiction elements?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

That's true. The effort of supplementing the terrain deformation with switching from one terrain to another may have simply been a daunting task which would have had less impact on RA2's gameplay than TS'.

I don't feel that it is very important in RA-II either. If the game is played flat, then there is really no requirement of map deformation.

I'd like to see what Gangster has in store for us... There was talk of psychic weapons and science fiction elements?

There was mention of a so called "Messing Tower"(named after a polish psychic called Wolf Messing).

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... just called it Psychic Tower. #Tongue

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Yeah... just called it Psychic Tower. #Tongue

I'm sure it's going to be more sophisticated and refined in some ways compared to stuff in YR though.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found this on google.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yes, the old stuff.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod goes much more into the roots of a true C&C game. Star Craft II doesn't stray off from original SC now does it?

Last edited by Pepzi on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psychic sensor + Chaos gas SW #Tongue
Quote:
I'd like to see what Gangster has in store for us...

What are you guys want know? unit list or mod background?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Psychic sensor + Chaos gas SW #Tongue
Quote:
I'd like to see what Gangster has in store for us...

What are you guys want know? unit list or mod background?

How will the Chaos Gas SW manifest itself? Projectile used?

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Sees pic in post #1 for the first time* Damn I love the look of RAII!

I just hope it inspires more mods of this quality. Very Happy

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q: How will the Chaos Gas SW manifest itself?

A: Just like EMP Cannon do.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, walls and gates... I love it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon