Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Campaign-like map
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject:  Campaign-like map Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I want to make a nice Nod campaign map where the player starts out with only a commando and 2 shadow teams, no MCV or base, and reinforcements. What scripts should I be looking for?

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All you can use. Oo

St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the point of this question was that I wouldn't have to look through hundreds of scripts just to find one I don't even know is the right one. Plus, I also wanted to know that if every player has to have a designated "Player Start" waypoint where the construction yard starts at, how do I make it so the con yard isn't there and I only get my specified campaign units?

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

St0rm wrote:
the point of this question was that I wouldn't have to look through hundreds of scripts just to find one I don't even know is the right one.

There is no right or wrong script for campaigns. You can use every script there depending on what you want to do. Sooner or later you need to look through all the scripts to know what might be possible with scripting and what not.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So I want to make a nice Nod campaign map where the player starts out with only a commando and 2 shadow teams, no MCV or base, and reinforcements. What scripts should I be looking for?

Script, eh? Just place the units in the map and change the owner Rolling Eyes .
If you want them to move in the use the move script (unit->action->move). Simple.

But like Bibber said you should really look trough and learn the scripts/their locations if you are seriously making a map.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum