:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Suggestions and Bugs
Moderators: Global Moderators, HyperPatch Moderators, CCHyper
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [299 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
KanoYugoro
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see two tags or something similar added. They would add a lot of possibilities in combination with existing logics.

Something like an UnDeployWhenBuilt tag, where immediately after a building is constructed it undeploys into a unit would be awesome.

Another one would be DeployWhenSpawned, where as soon as a unit is created via freeunit, built, or otherwise created it deployed.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Keep in mind that with the planned enhanced Superweapon features (e.g. "play anim at" and customizable droppod SW) it will be surely possible to add a fully working dropship reinforcement superweapon.

I also don't think that your 2 very special keys would fulfill many other roles. Thus they wouldn't be very useful imo except in your own very special case.

That's why i wouldn't support these 2 keys and rather suggest Hyper to concentrate on other things which offer much more modding possibilities.

Better would be also a WeaponType key ForceDeployWhenFired=yes, which will make the unit deploy when it fires the weapon and a key ForceUndeployWhenFired which undeploys the building(unit) when fired.
These 2 keys would be more versatile usable than yours, which work only on the unit in certain cases (only when the unit is spawned, but not when you want to build the unit from a warfactory)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

KanoYugoro
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, ForceDeployWhenFired would do the exact same thing as DeployToFire, unless I am missing something here.
Yea, A tag like UndeployToFire or UndeployWhenFired would probably be better than mine.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the new AI script commands from RA2 would improve the TS AI alot. Especially for mixed taskforces containing units with different speeds, so they would wait for each other outside the enemy base before attacking.

53,0 = Gather (at enemy base)
54,0 = Regroup (at friendly base)

Not sure if there are any other ties to rules.ini keys, but the Gather command is tied to rules.ini key AISafeDistance.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tag that was suggested before would allow us to build units that need to have workarounds, such as a helicopter unit. Example would be it would come out of the factory as a non-JJ vehicle, deploy and undeploy into a JJ vehicle, allowing it to use the transport logic. There are other vehicle types that could benefit from this work around.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remove the hardcoded restriction, that with Splits=yes spawned second stage projectiles can only move with a fixed Speed of about 20.
If possible also try to remove, that the second stage weapon uses 10times the set Damage.

Public SHPs

Tools

PePsiCola
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I'd like if there was a unit that can have infantry fire from inside it. You know, like YR's Battle Fortress. (Not sure if this has been suggested)

-Maybe a Battle Bunker type building too. (Garrisons)

-Or maybe units that can fire at two targets at once. Say a unit has a weapon that has Burst=2, it'll fire one burst at one unit and the other burst at the other unit. Sounds like a cool feature to me.

-Tertiary Weapons? Or it could be that there could be an elite weapon for secondary. Again, a YR feature.
Primary=120mm
Secondary=MammothTusk
PrimaryE=120mmE
SecondaryE=MammothTuskE
And obvious example.

I know the garrison one has been suggested already.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixing the draw errors for vehicles like trains and stuff would be nice, but I think it is the nature of the renderer that causes the error and not some strange bug.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

possible to fix game slowdown when player build cheap building [ specialize in win 7? ]

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy_Master wrote:
possible to fix game slowdown when player build cheap building [ specialize in win 7? ]

Im working on a possible fix for this, not guarantee though.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently enabled third faction for the AI in my mod and came across a really annoying problem: both the Nod and the third faction AI (CABAL, in my case),
will build just one of their powerplants, then they only use the structure that's defined in the NodAdvancedPower= -tag. There appears to be no way around this.
Leaving it blank or commenting out will result in IE, and buildlimits won't work, nor AIBuildsThis=no.
Seems like the AI just refuses to not to build that structure Neutral.

It'd be good to get that fixed (alongside with everything else regarding to 3+ factions Wink ).
Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A an aircraft with that is capable of carrying infantry which also has Carryall=yes will drop off all infantry inside one by one while taking off and landing again in between dropping every infantry off.

This makes it worthless to do a quick infantry drop-off in an enemy base, so it'd be nice if all infantry would be dropped off at the same time instead.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be even handier if that happened with a manual Deploy click command, so landing it doesn't cause automatic unloading.

VW 2
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to make "GDICrew" and "NodCrew" tags?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be more sensible to make the crew definable for every individual vehicle (like Crew=E2 for example).
Nyerguds wrote:
Would be even handier if that happened with a manual Deploy click command, so landing it doesn't cause automatic unloading.

What you're suggesting is actually a different matter, being a fix for the actual air transport logic; which Luke mentioned having gotten closer to finding the cause for, since after some testing we found it actually broke in between versions 1.17a and 2.0 (and not in between versions 1.08 and 1.13 like he originally assumed).

The problem I mentioned in my post is simply caused by Carryall=yes, which makes an air transport unit behave the same way as when a carryall drops off a vehicle and I doubt this can be changed (without removing the Carryall=yes key). So if you need an aircraft to be able to both carry infantry and vehicles, the best (possible) fix would be for it to unload all infantry at once instead of one by one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
VW 2
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that would probably be much cooler Smile.

I have 2 more suggestions.

Would it be possible to make a Dropship Bay Superweapon, that makes a dropship appear from the edge of the map and fly to the Dropship Bay and unload some forces and take off?

And can you change the colour of the Aboreus tiberium when its stored inside the harvester to red/burgandy instead of blue? I don't know maybe this already is possible..

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an idea... would it would be possible to make a variation of DropPodSpecial which drops vehicles instead of infantry?

VW 2 wrote:
And can you change the colour of the Aboreus tiberium when its stored inside the harvester to red/burgandy instead of blue? I don't know maybe this already is possible..
I would imagine that this would be set from the tiberium entries.

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you make a fuel system in the Hyperpatch? So that units could have limited fuel which they would use up when moving (or permanently in case of air/subterranean units) and suffer effects similar to an EMP when its used up, until they get refueled (with specific buildings and units, maybe via a refuel weapon ?)

Also maybe with a special fuel bar additionally to the one showing the HP and the one showing Tiberium/occupants/ammo ?

And... would it be possible to enable shps for subterranean units with one shp-animation for digging in and another for digging out ?

Also could it be done that subterranean units completely disappear for all players when being underground (including their owner) and become unselected (as if the player would lose communications to them during this), until they get out at the target location ?

And an infantry hijacker (a parasite getting inside infantry and controlling them and getting out when they get killed) ?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel is a silly thing to introduce in a C&C game. Especially since WW's original concepts for RTS specifically mention they wanted a genre that was more fun by making sure players don't have to worry about stuff like bullets, food and fuel supply.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it might be interesting for an extraordinarily powerful unit which can blow up 3 buildings in 1 shot or something.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think something perhaps of a catalyst, like harvesters with blue tiberium?

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the limited ammo or fuel issue: if you create a unit with Medic-like logic that will automatically refill any units nearby, you have yourself a support unit. Though I don't think it will be useful in multiplayer (annoying micromanagement), it has some potential for single-player missions.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that many of the checkboxes you see when you host a game actually point to SpecialFlags; FogOfWar, MCVDeploy, FixedAlliance,
HarvesterImmune and DestroyableBridges.

With this in mind, shouldn't it also fairly easily be possible to make checkboxes for some of the other special flags? Such as Visceroids, TiberiumGrows, InitialVeteran, TiberiumSpreads and TiberiumExplosive.

I assume the function of a checkbox depends on its ID, so maybe at least one of those special flags is already tied to a specific ID, meaning I'd just have to know the ID in order to make it work.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of the tick boxes "HarvesterImmune" doesnt work in skirmish if the tick box is activated (we had identifyed that before hyper but i thought it an apropriate place to put it in writing. One of the patches fixed something with harvester truce being on in skirmish mode ifrc)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, becuase HarvesterTruce was carryed over from internet games without being disabled.

PePsiCola
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this carrying over AlliesAllowed(wanted by almost all) from internet games would be the way to implement it correct? That is, if its how you enable Harvester Truce. (If you can)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was carried over becuase whoever coded the Skirmish Dialog forgot to reset the game session rules.

And allies in skirmish games is buggy, been tested a while ago.

armdn
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a bug. When ion storm occurs, if we shot from EMP Cannon to the flying units which on the ground, after emp timer stops (emp flashes dissappears) - then the now can fly when ion storm still present on map.

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a Cyborg leg repair at a certain amount of regnerated HP (e.g. 50%) possible ?

Also it would be interesting if units could transform into other units when destroyed (e.g. Tank gets heavily damaged and transforms into a version with a broken turret which has to use a MG instead of the cannon)

PePsiCola
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Probably not possible. The closest you can get is SHP units with damage frames like Cyborgs. And it probably only works with units that have Cyborg=yes. And the weapon part, very unlikely. You can't force units to change weapons ingame.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure his idea is for the vehicle to spawn another vehicle when it would normally be destroyed.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this counted as a bug?
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30362

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say yes as it sounds as if its a problem with the game updating the overlay "growth" logic (which may also apply to tiberium)
If it needs to be harvested (or perhaps have something adding to it ie another vein hole/ vein or tib tree) before it starts re-spawning/ spawning then it sounds as if the game simply isn't checking if growth is possible until the game is forced to do so.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it happens with tiberium, too ...

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triggers allow to change the Ambient light value in a map.
Accordingly it would be nice to be able to change the Red, Green and Blue tint too.
So you can change a maps lighting from a blue dark night to a yellow bright day in a day-night-loop.

Maybe a bit too farfetched, but a key to change the saturation would be nice too, so you can make nights more grey instead of only darker.
Might be also useful for special events like an approaching meteor storm, where the whole maps changes for a short time into greyscale.
For storytelling with scripted ingame units/stuff, this could be also used to enhance/give some kind of flashback effect.

Public SHPs

Tools

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this one has been suggested but Building addons that act as prerequisites

ialb
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about adding some of the vehicle tags to aircraft? I'm really itching to make a stealth bomber that can, well, actually stealth.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if someone mentioned this but, multiple factories would be amazing helpful!

Not just 2 barracks or whatnot
But different types (allowed?)

Say We needed a tier system and wanted a lowlevel barracks.
Well afaik TS will train ALL infantry from whichever barracks is primary..

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

EDIT:
Flag "name" suggestions:

TierFactorys = true/false
MultiFactorys = true/false
DoublePrimary = true/false (make 2 primary factories) (or maybe primary & secondary)

3ds Topic
Clicky

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about IsSeparateFactory= or similar, rather than overcomplicating things. All you really need is a way to differentiate it from the other buildings, but the complexities of managing unit queues and such would make it better to implement this sort of logic in its most distilled form.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not attach a tag to techno types:

Code:

[HVR]
SpawnsFrom=GAPILE

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshy, the only problem with that IMO is that you'd have to have that in EVERY unit..and if you forgot it it'd probably IE unless you have a
DefaultFactory=

3ds Topic
Clicky

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh it wouldn't have to be present on every unit. If the tag doesn't exist then the game can just use the original logic.

I think it'd be better to add proper separate build queues though, instead of just units spawning at alternate buildings.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega, that's what i meant...separate queses for separate factories. Sorry, I'm not the best at explaining my ideas.

3ds Topic
Clicky

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about fixing that radioactive burning maggot infested buggy shitheap called train coding? #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyper's not a miracle worker #Tongue

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been suggested but de-requisites? Buildings that disable other buildings on the build list?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orac wrote:
Hyper's not a miracle worker #Tongue

You know, if we'd introduce the Imperial Commisar into the modding world, I'd bet Hyper could fix the train logic.

Commisars fix anything.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Death Cultist

NegativePrequisites.
I had suggested it earlier(:
Would really like to see it!

3ds Topic
Clicky

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixonoclast wrote:
I'd bet Hyper could fix the train logic.

What's wrong with the train logic?
It moves correct along the train tracks and can transport passengers. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Public SHPs

Tools

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Cultist wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested but de-requisites? Buildings that disable other buildings on the build list?

There is a way to achieve something similar to this, though it is quite limited. You can make a building disable a vehicle from being built. Say you wanted BuildingA to stop vehicleB from being built, then add

Code:

[VehicleB]
BuildLimit=1
DeploysInto=BuildingA

Then make BuildingA a fake building (invisible, indestructible, etc). Though I haven't been able to think of any proper use for this "logic". Also, it doesn't work the other way, a vehicle can't be used to disable buildings from being built.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 6 [299 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon