:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Suggestions and Bugs
Moderators: Global Moderators, HyperPatch Moderators, CCHyper
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [299 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittah requesting
Hyper coding
LKO testing

perfect distribution of work Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do some occasional testing too (when Hyper asks me to) Razz

And I actually decided to make this request after I noticed that many of the people that are now playing DTA on CnCNet are less experienced than I'd expected and some aren't even able to beat the current easy AI. The current 3 AI levels in DTA work well when I play with DTA's staff (we play with different AI levels in different situations), but to also account for less experienced players, more AI levels would really be necessary.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The General.MultipleFactory bonus should be made more consistent. With values under 1 building a second factory actually slows down production, while after building more factories (like 4) you actually get a very significant boost in production speed.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to explain to me the benefits of more AI-levels. Wink
With more of them, there could be also things done like
0-2 Defensive AI (0 easy, 1 medium, 2 hard)
3-5 Offensive AI (3 easy, 4 medium, 5 hard)
6-8 Allround AI (6 easy, 7 medium, 8 hard)
This way campers can choose to play against offensive AIs, offensive players against camper AIs and hardcore players against the allround AI.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My explanation was mainly aimed at Hyper, since he seemed to be implying that 3 AI levels is more than enough on MSN, which it's not.

Also, to elaborate on Rampastring's post:
I only today realized that the MultipleFactory=0.75 setting in DTA actually causes the production speed to slow down when you build 2 factories; 3 will restore the build speed to the original speed and only the 4th will give an actual bonus.
I also tested several other values, such as 0.5 (here the 4th factory would restore the original speed, the 5th would make no difference and only from the 6th and on you'd notice an increased speed difference) and also values above 1.
With a setting of MultipleFactory=1, the second factory you build actually gives no bonus at all and only the third will increase your speed.
Only with settings above 1 such as 1.10 and 1.25 you'll also get a bonus for the second factory, but the bonus received by building 3 or more factories actually becomes too great.

So simply put; the factory bonus should be more like in RA1, where where the factory bonus becomes smaller and smaller the more your number of factories increase (so for example the speed is 100% for 1 factory, 150% for 2 factories, 175% for 3 factories, 187% for 3 factories, 194% for 4 factories, 197% for 5 factories, etc. until the bonus becomes close to nothing).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting this here too, I know it's a bit of an obscure suggestion, but it would make life much easier for me:

I'd like to see the Undeployable MCV option to also revert certain structures to using BaseNormal=yes instead of BaseNormal=no. TI uses a Mobile Base Mode which means certain structures can be undeployed and moved, but it would make more sense if the option was deselected and those structures would revert back to using BaseNormal=yes instead so they can be built next to.

The best option for this would be a new tag rather than a global option as certain structures (Gates, Defenses etc.) all normally use BaseNormal=no.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody on CnCNet requested this: In the disconnection dialog you get in multiplayer games (where it counts down from 30 and you can chose who to kick) there's a cancel button which immediately quits the current game and takes you back to the lobby. Some players might click this button by accident since it appears without warning and you might just be attempting to click a unit or something and then accidentally click cancel instead (and thus unintentionally leave the game). So the request is to show a confirmation dialog before actually taking you back to the lobby.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make the hospital logic useful in any way you can come up with, it would be enough that you can send selected infantry groups into the hospital and they get healed in the manner of vehicles getting repaired on pads.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I've already suggested this before, I'll post it here in case you (Hyper) change your mind.

One or more sub-directories from which the game will read files as if they're the game's main directory (or as if they're the tibsun.mix or expand01.mix file) so that won't be forced to put all of its file in a single huge mix file (which can often get corrupted) if they don't want to clog up the mod's main directory and also to make updates for mods easier to distribute (again without making a mod's main directory getting clogged up with too many files when there's a lot of updates).

Another benefit which also applies to vanilla TS is that all map files can be kept in a single folder, since .mpr files that are downloaded by TS often tend to make the main directory messy and when you temporarily want to remove them because they're slowing the game down, you can just quickly rename the folder they're in if there are subdirs.
I remember having this issue myself back when I still frequently played on WOL/XWIS, so this means having a subdir especially for maps wouldn't only benefit modders/mods, but vanilla TS players as well.

Also, when an update for a mod contains just a few new maps, the update can then simply contain the folder with only the new and/or updated maps, rather than the entire maps mix file (which can get quite big when there are a lot of maps).

Working with a lot of ExpandXX.mix and EcacheXX.mix files simply becomes very impractical over time, because like I already mentioned, they'll clog up the mod's main directory and in addition to that you'll eventually also have a lot of them which will contain redundant files.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that this will make working not-stand-alone mods a lot easier to work with since you can then just place all of its files in a subdir. The same thing applies when you want to make it possible to add support for "submods" to another mod (or in other words, mods for mods).

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try removing the AI from going after stealthed things (that have Cloakable=yes) with superweapons. Normally the AI uses common sense when selecting a target for a superweapon. But when the enemy has a building or unit with Cloakable=yes, it will often ignore the AIIonCannon*Value keys in rules.ini and fire it on the building or unit with Cloakable=yes. This will often lead in AI wasting superweapons on cheap things like mines, and making it easy to exploit the stupidity of the AI. More discussion about it here.

EDIT: There is a way to pretty much fix this problem (see here), so not worth looking into anymore

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blubb wrote:
make the hospital logic useful in any way you can come up with, it would be enough that you can send selected infantry groups into the hospital and they get healed in the manner of vehicles getting repaired on pads.

That works already? Give ammo to the hospital and make it capturable. Am I missing something?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blubb is speaking about a group of infantry. Only one Infantry can enter the hospital and you have to manually command the next infantry into the hospital, when the previous one is healed. It's not like the repair bay where a group of units can be ordered to repair and they automatically enter it one after the other.

Public SHPs

Tools

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is related to the problem that I posted few posts above. The AI cluster / chemical missile targetting uses the ThreatPosed of an object to determine the best target. If you want AI to focus on your expensive structures like warfactory and refinery, you need to give them a high ThreatPosed value which has other side-effects. It would be better to have seperate keys to control the AI targetting for cluster and chemical missile, similar to how the ion cannon has the AIIonCannon*Values. Better yet, have seperate controls for all the 3 superweapons (ion cannon, cluster missile, chemical missile). Or simply have them all use the same values as the ion cannon does.

blackhand1001
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to add the option to switch moving and attacking to the right click like cnc3 and most other RTS games. I was used to the Tiberian Sun way for so long but Lately i have been playing cnc3 a lot and It hard to adjust back to the TS way.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AI should be able to use the drop pod SW in enemy player bases (rather than always using it in its own base).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prerequisites should be checked and the buildoptions always updated, when the player loses a building (destroyed, sold or undeployed).

However in contrary to the normal prerequisite check when a building is build, EVA/CABAL should not say the "new construction options" message.

Public SHPs

Tools

PJ
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably out of the question but what bout choosing each computer's difficulty individually. And not a big deal but, maybe make the AI in no bases mode come and attack you after a cetain time or something, cause its pretty dumb how they just sit there.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ wrote:
probably out of the question but what bout choosing each computer's difficulty individually. And not a big deal but, maybe make the AI in no bases mode come and attack you after a cetain time or something, cause its pretty dumb how they just sit there.

Interesting, never thought about how the AI just sits there with No Bases enabled. I think a better way could be brainstormed in regards to this, perhaps scatter them self across the map?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ wrote:
maybe make the AI in no bases mode come and attack you after a cetain time or something, cause its pretty dumb how they just sit there.

No bases mode is pretty broken in TS, not only what you mentioned, but if you look at RA1, when you choose No Bases mode you are supposed to be able to pick up to 50 starting units

Where as TS keeps it at the same 10 starting units which should only be the max for Bases mode

On a side note I really hope hyper manages to implement shroud regrow and capture the flag mode Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMIFFGIG wrote:
No bases mode is pretty broken in TS, not only what you mentioned, but if you look at RA1, when you choose No Bases mode you are supposed to be able to pick up to 50 starting units

This is actually done, but have not mentioned it. Smile

SMIFFGIG wrote:
On a side note I really hope hyper manages to implement shroud regrow and capture the flag mode Smile

Capture the Flag is not available in Skirmish in RA1? Also, I will look into Shroud Encroaching.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shroud regrow works already (set ShroudGrow=yes in rules.ini). The only thing needed is a key to turn it on in the MP menu on a per map basis.

However i don't know if shroud regrow causes the same crashes as fog of war.

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fog Of War causes the game to crash because of the alpha blending, I'm guessing. There is no reason for the shroud the crash the game.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never knew FOW caused the game the crash...

cant say ive really played with it on

Edit:
CCHyper wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

This is actually done, but have not mentioned it. Smile

Nice!

CCHyper wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

Capture the Flag is not available in Skirmish in RA1? Also, I will look into Shroud Encroaching.

CTF was an mplay only option as I don't think the AI has a clue what to do (maybe why it was excluded from other C&C games?)

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also could you make it so you can have more than one harvester unloading (HORV) image if you can cheers

Exley
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the bug of reveal whole map crate
it only removes the shroud layer, but map isn't unshrouded
as explosions stay invisible and terrain objects are not animated

can this be done ?

though you can add a spawn animation with veins it will give you some weird ... stuff
it spawned veins, but also Rocks, Brigdes ...

Tony wrote:

Bridgehole Monster Laughing

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a way to adjust Cost and BuildTime for the [Normal] AI difficulty without affecting the human player.

Also, the SpeedType of infantry is hardcoded to always be foot; could it be made possible to change the SpeedType of infantry by just adding SpeedType=, just like with vehicles?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMIFFGIG wrote:
i never knew FOW caused the game the crash...
CTF was an mplay only option as I don't think the AI has a clue what to do (maybe why it was excluded from other C&C games?)

In C&C1, there's a special mode for CTF without bases, giving you the Mobile HQ (the thing that triggers the Surrender global destruction of a side when killed). Since AIs can't have bases in C&C1, AIs in CTF revert to that mode too, basically being a huge army without base guarding the MHQ. Might be worth looking into?

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might as well suggest some stuff, with numbers so it's easier to follow Smile ...

1. A way for subfactions to work how they should i.e. select your subfaction(s) before the match starts, instead of using a complicated in-game work-around.

2. Making ambulances/mechanics possible to heal infantry/vehicles automatically.

3. Maybe make some sort of default placeholder build-up animation that can apply to any building (like a 1x1 flash of light, then the building appears), kind of like the placeholder cameo, so buildings without a build-up animation can be sold. Or just make it so a building can be sold even if it doesn't have a build-up animation. EDIT: IGNORE THIS SUGGESTION, I had a herp-a-derp moment.

4. Make it possible for a mod to be a true expansion pack (can be selected in the menu along with vanilla TS and FS, certain features of the mod/expansion pack stay separate from TS and FS, etc.)

5. ...Crap, I forgot the last one

Last edited by Insomniac on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insomniac wrote:
3. Maybe make some sort of default placeholder build-up animation that can apply to any building

Not Hyper's task. You can create this too.
Assign to any building: Buildup=DUMMYMK
add to art.ini (don't forget to add it to the Animations list in rules.ini too)
[DUMMYMK]
Image=PIFF ;use any shp here
Start=0
End=1

Public SHPs

Tools

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'd rather see full working customizable houses instead of subfactions. Just use the new house logic to emulate subfactions.

3. This one just sounds stupid honestly. Don't want to be harsh, but as a modder and as we all are you could just put your own placeholder animation.

4. TS mods can be made stand-alone, so I don't think we need this. If you want to play vanilla TS/FS, then don't mess with the files.

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I'll try that placeholder thing soon. Not now, too lazy Laughing

Argh, I can't think of one thing I wanted to suggest.
And yeah, I wasn't really thinking too much for #3, kinda BS'd that one because I couldn't remember the one I really want to suggest...sorry about that, but I really would like #4 to be implemented, since a lot of mods try to be an expansion pack, that way, they could work like an actual expansion pack with their own .INI's and such...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but just create a shortcut to your mod's exe in your mod's folder and you've suddenly got the option of clicking that or clicking the TS one.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the option to add more "expansions" aside from Firestorm could be useful however; for stand-alone mods it could be used to add multiple game modes and for not stand-alone mods it could be useful because they can be entirely added as an expansion, meaning only the changed or added codes will have to be present in that mod's ini files (just like in firestrm.ini and artfs.ini) and that should be a lot more convenient for mods that don't alter most of the original code.
It could make both modding and debugging a lot easier for not stand-alone mods.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is planned, as you know Bittah. Just need to work out a good system.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about using something like for example RULES%02d.INI (and the same thing for all other ini files) for all of the added expansion's ini files?

I saw that RULE*.INI already exists in the exe; I don't know if it's currently actually functional, but using a wildcard might be an even better option since part of a mod's name can be used in the ini files then (which could prevent conflicts between different mods).

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested, and I apologize if it has, but adding in a toggle to turn off superweapons or adding more tech levels (an 11th one that is just superweapons added). I guess more could be done with more tech levels added...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i've seen, there is not one mod really needing all the 10 techlevels, so why not use these first, before adding an 11th? Many mods can be narrowed down to only 3 maybe 4 fully developed tiers (early light units, mid-game medium units, late air, late hightech/heavy units), which makes 6 to 7 techlevels unused (except for campaigns, which many mods don't have too; though these maps can use special map codes to disable certain stuff).

An option to turn on/off superweapons would be indeed useful. But only the weapon and not the building that gives it, as these are often prerequisites for other stuff.

Public SHPs

Tools

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I personally like the 10 tech levels because of the campaign, and it is quite fun to run through the campaign again with fun toys like the mammoth tank Laughing

I feel like something interesting could be done with more tech levels added, but I can't think of anything...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the Game.exe file in a hex editor, goto 001f76a1 and replace 0A with 0B.
Just tested it by giving E2 TechLevel=11; works perfectly Smile

fr1dd
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game: Tiberian Sun Firestorm v2.03 (Win98 mode)
Unofficial patches: UMP v0.2 (darken.shp removed), Command & Conquer Graphics Patcher (forces the game to not allocate surfaces in VRAM in the first place and totally fix lag issue).

The HyperPatch doesn't work fully for me either and the waveclass issue is still there.
But I have noticed a strange phenomenon in Tiberian Sun Firestorm v2.03.
This may prove useful help to further fixing if it hasn't occurred to anyone else.

If I fire the Ion Cannon anywhere on the screen (except at the bottom edge). The waveclass issue is suddenly temporary fixed until the game is closed.
I have used it for quite some time now. I have even made a savegame called FIX waveclass that was created directly after I had fired the Ion cannon. I load it everytime after I start the application and I can scroll over any disruptorbeam, laserbeam and fire the Ion cannon at the bottom edge.
So far it has only failed with some of the original TS skirmish maps. I play the game in 1280x720.

Another thing that appears when the fix is active is a small red line at the top center of the screen. It flashes when passing over a laserbeam with the camera. Just like a border suddenly has been created and stops the beam from spreading outside the visible screen.

I have also done some quick testing of supported resolutions for my monitor and can confirm this:
(Total fail not included).
640x480 (no need for fix)
800x600 (not stable)
1024x768 (working)
1280x720 (working)
1280x800 (working)
1280x960 ( working, no red line visable)
1280x1024 (working, no red line visable)
1680x1050 (working except Ion cannon, no red line visable)
1600x1200 (working, no red line visable)

If it's not useful I understand but why not give it a shot Smile.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an interesting read.

I never fixed the less common WaveClass error, the Ion Canon uses WaveClass where as the laser uses LaserDrawClass, so they are unrelated...

But firing the Ion Cannon to stop future crashes, strange...

fr1dd
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCHyper wrote:
Thats an interesting read.

I never fixed the less common WaveClass error, the Ion Canon uses WaveClass where as the laser uses LaserDrawClass, so they are unrelated...

But firing the Ion Cannon to stop future crashes, strange...

If any interest. I have now uploaded a youtube video that shows the phenomenon in action. I did see later that you seperated WaveClass from LaserDrawClass and I only mentioned WaveClass in the video. Always thought it were the same thing. But I don't think you mind Wink.

Unlisted exclusively made video for this forum. 1280x720 Native resolution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzuY-PDO6f4&hd=1

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I never knew about that. I imagine Hyper should be able to examine the Ion Cannon's WaveClass related code to create a different/better fix for WaveClass errors.

Would be interesting if this also fixes crashes caused by Fog of War Razz
Although I doubt it, considering it's entirely unrelated..

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so weird. Confused Thanks for the video.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TS engine never ceases to amaze me. That's just bizarre...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittah Commander wrote:
Although I doubt it, considering it's entirely unrelated..

They both do use alpha blending, but I still doubt it.

This WaveClass fix is the weirdest thing I've seen for a long time.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr1dd, thanks for the video.

I will look into the code and see if i can find any thing that could help fix the other issues.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• In C&C Generals, when a promoted vehicle gets destroyed, a pilot with the same veterancy status (veteran or elite) will escape as a crew and it'll be able to enter another unit to carry over its veterancy status.
    Adding this to TS as well could be interesting, although there'd have to be a way to prevent a player from for example carrying over the veterancy status from a destroyed Wolverine to a Mammoth Mk. II...

• Currently the AI entirely ignores an enemy infantry when it has Disguised=yes. Although you could give some units the ability to detect disguised units like in RA2, this might not be preferable for some mods. So what would be necessary is a key that makes the AI entirely ignore disguise and thus make it attack disguised infantry like it would with any other enemy infantry; AIIgnoresDisguises=true (Def=false) for instance.

Insomniac
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda go along with what Bittah said: It would be nice for a hijacker unit to retain his vetrancy when he hijacks a vehicle, then when the vehicle is destroyed the hijacker still has his vetrancy. It's rather annoying when I have an elite mutant hijacker because of a Civ Armory, then when it enters a vehicle it magically loses elite status.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General.AIVeteranRatio for AI houses to use instead of the normal VeteranRatio.

Since the AI always uses units quite poorly compared to a skilled human player, it nearly always loses its units before they get to level up, making elite AI units very rare. A seperate (lower) veteran ratio for the AI could be used to fix this problem and make the AI a much more interesting opponent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [299 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon