:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Suggestions and Bugs
Moderators: Global Moderators, HyperPatch Moderators, CCHyper
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [299 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last suggestion is already possible; just place a waypoint, then place another waypoint in another location and then hold shift and click the first waypoint again to create a loop.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Allen
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to Add to my list of wants.

A "mplayer.ini"

mplayer.ini is like another Rules.ini that RA1 has to balance Skirmish and Multiplayer modes. This file only loads when in Skirmish and Multiplayer mode but dose not change single player missons.

This would be nice as there are thing in the rules.ini that can help the Skirmish and Multiplayer AI but make single player missons unplayable.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen wrote:
I have to Add to my list of wants.

A "mplayer.ini"

mplayer.ini is like another Rules.ini that RA1 has to balance Skirmish and Multiplayer modes. This file only loads when in Skirmish and Multiplayer mode but dose not change single player missons.

This would be nice as there are thing in the rules.ini that can help the Skirmish and Multiplayer AI but make single player missons unplayable.

You can do it the other way arround already, so i dont know if it would be worth it.

Quote:
Campaign Scenarios and INI Files.
Seems this logic was left over from the olden days, and still works! But only on campaign scenarios, not multiplayer scenarios. If for example, we take GDI1A.MAP and we create a GDI1A.INI. If you open up your INI and add;

[GAPOWR]
Name=Foo Bar Voodoo!

The save and close your INI, run the game and start the GDI campaign! Its obvious what you shall see different... But this can be used for quick patching a scenario that might be in a MIX file, but these INIs can only contain data that would normally work in a MAP file!

(^you could use that to fix the campain again)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I think would be really useful would be to have a couple ini files that contain rules.ini code (that adds to the existing rules.ini code), which are only loaded when you play on a multiplayer map of which the filename has a certain prefix.

So for example, playing on a map called nav_blah.mpr would make the game load the code from naval.ini and playing on surv_blah.mpr would make the game load the code from survivor.ini.

So this would basically be an easier way to have different maps for different game modes.
It'd of course be even better if you could first just select a game mode and then have the code for that game mode applied to all maps, but I'm doubting that'd be doable.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Allen
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revolutionary wrote:

You can do it the other way arround already, so i dont know if it would be worth it.

Quote:
Campaign Scenarios and INI Files.
Seems this logic was left over from the olden days, and still works! But only on campaign scenarios, not multiplayer scenarios. If for example, we take GDI1A.MAP and we create a GDI1A.INI. If you open up your INI and add;

[GAPOWR]
Name=Foo Bar Voodoo!

The save and close your INI, run the game and start the GDI campaign! Its obvious what you shall see different... But this can be used for quick patching a scenario that might be in a MIX file, but these INIs can only contain data that would normally work in a MAP file!

(^you could use that to fix the campain again)

Yeah, but doing it over for all misson TS and FS for total of 58 edits is NOT FUN! I've done it already and it SUCKS. I ran all over TS looking to see if WW left the mplayer.ini in TS.

@ Bittah Commander
This sound good tell you have copies of the same map over and over with the prefixs. The select a game mode idea would be best with mplayer.ini that would load in all multiplayer modes

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen wrote:

Yeah, but doing it over for all misson TS and FS for total of 58 edits is NOT FUN! I've done it already and it SUCKS. I ran all over TS looking to see if WW left the mplayer.ini in TS.

Ah sorry my mistake i thought it was more Global, yea a mplayer.ini or s(ingle)player.ini would be useful.

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to allow creation of a weapon that would raise the terrain,instead of lowering it (with craters Very Happy )
Would allow the GDI to make some kind of bulldozer to repair damages made by multimissiles based weapon,or others things.
Maybe I'm just being poisoned by old memories of simcity 2000 Confused

edit:

Also,after playing some "TS to TD" conversions,I noticed all them missed A10 Airstrikes (they would make them buildable airplanes,but it's not that great Confused ).
Then I thought that it couldn't be helped,since there's no logic summoning units ingame...but there is,the drop pods.

I was wondering if you've already done or are doing research on drop pods (could allow paradrops,airstrikes and others superpowers).

Actually I saw a mod where the drop pods logic was used for a spy plane (with a mysterious infantry burning around after the plane leave??!! Laughing ),but even for things that can already be done,it would be good that it becomes easier to use.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible (can't think of why it wouldn't be), I'd like to see aircraft that can auto-heal properly.
ATM, if you give an aircraft SelfHeal=yes (or whatever it's called, it's been a while), it doesn't die when it gets shot down. Instead, it continues to tumble as if it were crashing toward the earth but remains as a fully functional unit.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a healing particlesystem applied to the aircrafts DamageParticleSystem to make it selfheal when damaged. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't know about that (obviously). But the bug is still really annoying.

Edit: I just thought of another bug (I don't think there's a workaround for this one): A harvester unit (i.e. Harvester=yes) cannot have a weapon or it will merely use it's weapon when trying to harvest tiberium. The weapon also otherwise does not function properly (can't remember the specifics).

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe splitting/creating a new tag out of the wall= tag?
I would like to have some special buildings just be destroyable with wapons with wall=yes (for example the gate...)
That would enable completely new tactics

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestions: various things to make easier the creation of new factions.

[fix]Putting something else in Owner than GDI or Nod alone,won't allow the new item to appear or be built at all (for human players).
But in that tutorial,putting only the wanted faction on the mcv still allow it to be the start unit for the faction Confused

[fix]Putting 2 values or more in Owner make the item appear in all build menus,but only buildable to the factions in the Owner list (others factions will get "New constructions options" message over and over again).
The good news is that it show that new factions names are read,since if you put all houses but the one you want in the list,you will just see the item without being able to build it.

[New feature]DoubleOwned make the item buildable to all factions.Maybe a MultiplayOwner list,or something like that,would be better for better control of who share the items in multiplayer.

[New feature]Allow the SpeechSide of FS .map files in [Basic] section,to be put in the house parameters.

And others features for new factions (maybe by checking various "new factions tutorials" to make all the workarounds unnecessary).[/url]

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hopefully hasn't been mentioned yet, but whenever you set a barracks rally point and then build Jump Jet Infantry they will go to the rally point then oddly return to the barracks and sit there.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall that happening to me before...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, i know of this problem, the head back to the barracks. Not found out what causes this problem as of yet.

epicelite
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is working air transport not your top priority?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

working air transport? That, eh, works... it's been done in ROTD.

epicelite
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carryall=yes is shitty fix, doesn't count as "working".

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit fix indeed, im not a fan of workarounds.

Air Transports are not on high priority because i still have no clue on what causes it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you could make a flying vehicle vulnerable and automatically attacked by AA defenses (e.g. by making JumpJet=yes working for VehicleTypes too), you don't have to bother about the aircraft-transport anymore.

\EDIT
vv@Reaperrr: not to forget the other useful things, like having working hva anims on the aircraft (might be even better than turretspins rotors) and deployable aircraft.

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Well, if you could make a flying vehicle vulnerable and automatically attacked by AA defenses (e.g. by making JumpJet=yes working for VehicleTypes too), you don't have to bother about the aircraft-transport anymore.

Besides, this would also allow for helis with side-effect-free rotors, since you could just treat the rotor graphics as turret and give the unit TurretSpins=yes.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, didn't the air transport stop functioning properly between some patches released for TS? My best advice would be to analyze the differences of these two patches and find out what was changed (that affects the transport locomotion/logic).

Quote:
Besides, this would also allow for helis with side-effect-free rotors, since you could just treat the rotor graphics as turret and give the unit TurretSpins=yes.

The only drawback is that aircraft (namely helicopters) won't be able to have real turrets, and thus they will always have to face their target.

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Crimsonum, i cant bebothered quoting...

It was broken while fixing something so simply restoring it may risk restoring the bug which was fixed which lead to the transport bug. but using reference to ra2 (and ra1 to an extent) as well as the unpatch version it should be possible to recreate the full effect desired effect and one which is bug free.

if you give a unit turretspins=yes and a weapon it still works just don’t give the weapon a visible projectile(is that the word I haven’t looked at ts for a bit) cause it will look stupid.

Give the disruptor turretspins=yes and if my knowledge doesn’t fail me it should be able to target any thing like a normal turret only it spins
surely this would be the same effect on aircraft.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, the turret will stop spinning when the unit aims at it's target though.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the turret keeps spinning while aiming/firing; this actually looks kinda neat when used with the Disruptor's weapon #Tongue

Also, from what I understood, what broke the air transport was the fix to prevent aircraft from landing outside of the visible map area. I remember this happening to me in older versions of TS at times, but I don't think it ever was a huge pain (you can still select your aircraft with the next/previous unit short keys when they've landed outside of the visible map area after all).
Restoring this bug in order to fix air transport is worth it in my opinion.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially if the bug can then be fixed by other means.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was done in patch 1.13 to prevent aircraft from landing on water.
Aircraft then started to find in rapid succession a free cell where they can land. This in turn broke the airtransport logic which now tries to find in rapid succession a free cell too, but for some reason can't find one. Thus the crazy mid-air shuffle.

Public SHPs

Tools

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, from what I understood, what broke the air transport was the fix to prevent aircraft from landing outside of the visible map area. I remember this happening to me in older versions of TS at times, but I don't think it ever was a huge pain (you can still select your aircraft with the next/previous unit short keys when they've landed outside of the visible map area after all).
Restoring this bug in order to fix air transport is worth it in my opinion.

What happen when AI do this...especially on mission...

But it is may be first step to fix air transport bug.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

ialb
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of air units, how about allowing air units to use stuff like deploys and stealth and other vehicle tags?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimsonum wrote:
Well, didn't the air transport stop functioning properly between some patches released for TS? My best advice would be to analyze the differences of these two patches and find out what was changed (that affects the transport locomotion/logic).

Sure, ill just copy and paste it... #monalisa

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameMaster0000 wrote:

What happen when AI do this...especially on mission...

The Orca Transport, Dropship or Harpy (see nod 3a or b) follows the script more or less to the letter, it only lands on the specific waypoint you want it to so it doesnt need to calculate what cell is free Ergo it is bug free. Smile

(is that a good enough explination, dont know if it could be refined much more)

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCHyper wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Well I'm sure you know this but still, in RA2 the choppers work by being jumpjet=yes, so clearly westwood found making it vunerable and targetable easier then fixing what they had done.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rico wrote:
CCHyper wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Well I'm sure you know this but still, in RA2 the choppers work by being jumpjet=yes, so clearly westwood found making it vunerable and targetable easier then fixing what they had done.

1. RA2 was made by WW Pacific (later EA Pacific), not the same team as the one behind TS.
2. It also helped making helis independent from landing pads and allow rotors (since VehicleTypes already have the necessary drawing code for animated voxels, AircraftTypes don't).
3. They DID fix aircraft transports. I just tested it, works flawlessly.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaperrr wrote:
Rico wrote:
CCHyper wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

1. RA2 was made by WW Pacific (later EA Pacific), not the same team as the one behind TS.
2. It also helped making helis independent from landing pads and allow rotors (since VehicleTypes already have the necessary drawing code for animated voxels, AircraftTypes don't).
3. They DID fix aircraft transports. I just tested it, works flawlessly.

Well in that case the jumpjet =yes should still be on the list for the 2nd reason. If they did fix the transports, then I wonder how they did it, hmmm.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rico wrote:
If they did fix the transports, then I wonder how they did it, hmmm.

By having the source code and some basic programming knowledge this was surely not more than 1 hour work (with the knowledge of the change done in TS 1.13 that caused the bug, they could have fixed it in no time).

Public SHPs

Tools

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Hyper was being sarcastic with the "I'll just copy & paste it" line...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Aircraft then started to find in rapid succession a free cell where they can land. This in turn broke the airtransport logic which now tries to find in rapid succession a free cell too, but for some reason can't find one. Thus the crazy mid-air shuffle.

Funny enough, though, that they still can land on water by 1) using alt of the helipad and 2) klicking endless times on a huge water area (for you, LKO, try to play The pig of bays and to land at the top right corner. It will work - until the Aircraft wants back to its pad [if it does, ofc], in that case, it crashes, odly enough. Happens if you use alt klicking on the unit, no muni or - target destroyed.)

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of a suggestion that i haven't seen suggested yet. It may be a cool feature if able to be done too, though i doubt it'd be easy to do if it is able to be done.

But if you could create a key that in a way worked like the 'prerequisite' key but instead of allowing for certain buildings to be created it made it so those buildings couldn't be built if a certain building is tagged on this new key and built.

With an introduction of that key you could have a very complex side which one could effectively code so that a player could choose to build along one of multiple pathways that a single side has.

So say you have 3 varieties of Tech centers one could build. 1 is advanced weapons, 1 is heavy armor, and 1 is an in-between or something. If you build Tech Center A then it makes it so you can't build Tech centers B and C and thus you only have access to the Building Tree that has Tech Center A as a 'prerequisite' as the other buildings have Tech center A tagged in this new tag.

I hope that sounded clear enough. Probably not real easy to make happen though on your part but if possible it could potentially be an interesting feature that would add some complexity and a bit of different style in gameplay.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ixith That's NegativePrerequisite and i'd love for that tag too Smile

3ds Topic
Clicky

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Rico wrote:
If they did fix the transports, then I wonder how they did it, hmmm.

By having the source code and some basic programming knowledge this was surely not more than 1 hour work (with the knowledge of the change done in TS 1.13 that caused the bug, they could have fixed it in no time).

Source code has all the original comments about patching and all the other voodoo Westwood experimented with, just like any there engine, would have took them 10 minutes at the most to work out.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it has been brought up before, but the Burst key for weapons has a very exploitable bug. If you hit stop before all the shots have been fired you can keep firing without any reload time. For example keep clicking fire / stop repeatedly on enemy buildings with the juggernaut and it will keep firing tons of shells. The bug is very effective for cyborg reapers as well, but is bit harder to do since the burst delay is smaller. This bug pretty much makes Burst unusable. When you hit stop (or move your unit or whatever) during a burst fire sequence it should start the ROF delay, even if the sequence was never completed.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, very exploitable bug indeed...

Back to the Transport bug that keeps popping up, heres some more information;

Its all down to the locomotor, this was changed in the first patch. i know what was changed, and i have tryed reverting most of the code back but to no success.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this was mentioned already, didn't go thru all the replies.

Make it possible the set the range for Sensors=yes. Right now the key will only allow the unit to see stealth on 1 square radius. Even changing the value globally would be good, but ofc setting the range for each unit individually would be even better. Also after some testing I think Sensors=yes doesn't work for aircraft.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Sensors doesn't work for flying aircraft, as these are never right next to a stealthed unit. Only when landed does a Sensor aircraft detect nearby stealthed objects.

I think due to this, WW added the Jumpjet CloakDetectionRadius. I have already mentioned in one of my previous that it would be nice to have this key not only working for flying jumpjet units, but for every unit.

Public SHPs

Tools

epicelite
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Increase how much time they have to find a cell to land in? :3

Darkfox
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperJoe wrote:
Few more ideas:
1. Key that allows a VehicleType to be unaffected by EMP based weapons. EMPResistant or something.

Alt key name ideas:

EMPImmune, EMPProof, IgnoreEMP, IsOrganic (though not as direct, suggests the unit has no electronic parts affected by EMP)

And I support this suggestion, as THIS looks really funny, but gets annoying for an EMP immunity fix.

Anyways, as per my own suggestion, I think it was already suggested but a mutation logic into things other than visceroids (TiberiumForm?), but, perhaps a key that goes along the lines of "KeepControl" or "KeepsControlChance" that would make it so you don't lose control of the newly mutated unit (IE, it doesn't change to Civilian/Neutral but goes to the side the killed unit had). A strategic gamble or certain units keep their mind in new mutant form or something, not high on priority really but considered it a neat idea.

Another idea is the possibility of an unit to spawn another unit type (IE mine layer) as per a ammo or recharge time. The unit that it drops would be something like "UnitToSpawn" and uses an ammo or charge time like the MobileEMP. Again, just thought it could be useful if possible rather than making them weapons that has a number of problems as I recall.

As far as what I could use, it is already on the ideas, third+ side support, more Tiberium types, and custom armor. I hope too for custom MCVs, though I believe that is on there too which is cool. And maybe custom Sound/anim for digging of certain units. Like if a smaller unit/infantry type did the digging, it could be a different smaller anim and be a different sound. Dunno if this was suggested and is purely aesthetic. Just a little weird doing the mechanical drill sound for everything even if it doesn't have a drill.

Well, thats all I can think of, and here's hoping you the best of luck on this. Very Happy

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few things about particle based weapons. They won't give experience from kills to the unit who fired the particles, so units like flame tanks can never gain veterancy. AI also doesn't respond when fired upon by particle based weapons. Makes it pathetically easy to kill AI infantry with flame tanks.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Particle weapons do not have owners, thus they become static objects when fired. Be gone if i know how to add owners to particles...

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fire particles must have some sort of link to the "owner", as they cannot be used to damage the firing unit itself. I tried to create a suicide system long time ago using fire particles, and they will damage everyone else except the unit that fired the particles. I wonder what the connection is though Confused Gas particles on the other hand will damage even the unit that fired them.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange, cause the particle ignore the 'TypeImmune' Tag ...
If they would have the tank as an owner, that wouldnt happen, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [299 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Tiberian Sun Editing Forum » HyperPatch
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon