Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Zero Hour on Windows 7...
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Xieneus
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject:  Zero Hour on Windows 7... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bit stressful trying to fix this. The funny thing is that Generals classic works like a charm. ZH did work for awhile. But then it decided to die. I've tried over 50 options.ini techniques to fix it. No dice. Patched to highest level.

Any magic fix for this?

Heres the ini, IP was included multiple times. No fixing what so ever

AntiAliasing = 2
BuildingOcclusion = yes
CampaignDifficulty = 0
DrawScrollAnchor = yes
DynamicLOD = no
ExtraAnimations = yes
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
HeatEffects = yes
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
LanguageFilter = false
MaxParticleCount = 5000
MoveScrollAnchor =
MusicVolume = 50
Resolution = 1440 900
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 72
SFXVolume = 64
ScrollFactor = 145
SendDelay = no
ShowSof****erEdge = yes
ShowTrees = yes
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TextureReduction = 0
UseAlternateMouse = yes
UseCloudMap = yes
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
UseLightMap = yes
UseShadowDecals = yes
UseShadowVolumes = yes
VoiceVolume = 78

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly is wrong? You get an error message or something?

Xieneus
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
What exactly is wrong? You get an error message or something?

It gives me the splash screen. Then says "Serious Error..." etc etc

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Xieneus wrote:
It gives me the splash screen. Then says "Serious Error..." etc etc

Sounds like really serious. Compatibility issues?

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Serious Error" is just the games way of saying on start up its had a look and doesnt like something

Yea, Any Mods installed?, Can your Computer run the game(specs)?, does it not like one of the ini entries?, compatability?

(your basic pc specs would be helpful)

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try running ZH in Windows XP compatibility mode. I use Windows 7 64-bit and I have zero issues with Zero Hour.

Xieneus
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
Try running ZH in Windows XP compatibility mode. I use Windows 7 64-bit and I have zero issues with Zero Hour.

Already do that, again Zero Hour did work. Then it died. The funny thing is, it started working again when I installed C&C All Stars. Then I reinstalled the game and it didnt work anymore.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the "Serious Error"? When I get a "Serious Error" message, it tends to tell me exactly what it was which ZH couldn't find (ROTRfinal.bmp, SkirmishScripts, etc)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every time the game gives an Serious Error, it creates a file named 'ReleaseCrashInfo' in your Documents -> Zero Hour Data folder. Most of the times it gives a useful pointer to what may went wrong. Try and take a look there. If you can't figure it out, post it here.

Xieneus
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked the folder of where the error was. It was empty. I didnt see any GDI Commando O_o

Release Crash at Sat May 15 08:55:16 2010
; Reason Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\Object\infantry\gdi_commando.ini' (Line: 'Object GDI_Commando ')

Last error:

Current stack:

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check your mod big files for it.

Xieneus
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ju-Jin wrote:
Check your mod big files for it.

notta

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got mod files left in your ZH directory, uninstalling the game only removes the files from ZH itself and not the files left there by mods.

Try to do this:

1. Uninstall Generals Zero Hour
2. Delete the Zero Hour folder (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour)
3. Reinstall ZH
4. Patch it (1.04)
5. Play!

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about for those that have a problem with ZH in which the main menu screen that has the battle is just a still picture? When I used Vista I had the battle going on but when I installed it on my Windows 7 I just get a still screen of a battle from the Generals main menu.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
What about for those that have a problem with ZH in which the main menu screen that has the battle is just a still picture? When I used Vista I had the battle going on but when I installed it on my Windows 7 I just get a still screen of a battle from the Generals main menu.

Running ZH in Windows XP Compatibility mode fixed that for me.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, that fixed it for me, thanks ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon