Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Vegas
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject:  New Vegas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soooooooooo, New Vegas is up on steam, and will be up for Pre-purchase soon

After seeing that, Ive come to the conclusion that Iron Sights will be in there, and that personally makes me very happy, but....No vehicles? Thats pretty sad, especially when you have to travel the map again like FO3 >_>

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ion Cannon #Tongue

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks both aresome and fail at the same time. On one hand we get proper Iron sights (therefore mprovements to animations), mutants that don't look so much like orcs (remodelled since the vid IIRC) and some nice new gear. On the other hand it looks a little like a huge DLC for Fallout 3 :S

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I like alot of their new implementations, like the iron sights and ion cannons ( - xD) , but overall it looks like a MASSIVE FO3 Rehash :/

Also, Im seeing alot of materials/props from FO3, it makes my impression of the team bad and lazy, even the hud looked exactly the same.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, but not great. #Tongue

Pretty much exactly what has been mentioned about New Vegas is what I have to say.

Though, I look forward to playing it.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just view this as an expansion, similar to what YR is to RA2. It's just reusing stuff as well as adding in new stuff.

Then again, isn't it a different studio making the expansion?

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*twitch* do not know if want....

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hard to compare an rts game with an rpg game in terms of xpack and new game like you have done m7. It's a different type of playing, the focus isn't entirely one whats new in terms of objects, but rather the fact you have an entire new world to explore. They've also made improvements to the core of the game, and have greatly expanded upon the weapons in the game, and from what I've read, modest increases in the enemies.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh, yeah, it's just as easy to make the comparison. What I said stands true, this is an old game engine being refitted with new material, which is evident through the video.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
but....No vehicles? Thats pretty sad, especially when you have to travel the map again like FO3 >_>

I think it makes the player more aware of where they have to go. Therefore they have to choose if they actually want to traverse that distance for a nuka cola or something. Very Happy

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
*twitch* do not know if want....

There is quite a lot of old material, bu it isn't done yet. Muties are getting a re-do to look more FO1/2ish and hopefully we'll see other improvements too.

As is it's a reasonable Fallout 3 xpack, not what I'd pay £40 for but £20? what the hell!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks interesting, but on the other hand it looks like a major mod for FO3 Confused I do hope that they at least optimized the engine for Quad Cores now, or fixed those savegame bugs...

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quad Core Fix would be nice, yeah, I do hope it wont lag like ztype like it normally would with a mod on FO3, because that would cause alot of troubles, and not just for me.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE

STARVATION? SLEEP DEPRIVATION? HOLY CRAP, ITS LIKE THEY PILED UP A BUNCH OF IDEAS FROM THE FO3 MODS AND PILED IT ON A NEW ENVIRONMENT D:
DO WANT

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This gets even more interesting then I initially thought.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'll be playing hardcore mode then.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys are forgetting, this isn't just a FPS. It's a RPG foremost, with realtime FPS action added.

So yes, a lot will be stuff from FO3.

But it doesn't matter, because you'll face different foes, meet new allies, and take on different quests.

Also, the old farts from FO1 and FO2 are making FO:NV, not Bethesda.

So we'll actually have interesting conversations now.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank god.

Hi I am a generic NPC! BLAH BLAH BLAH MR. FREEMAN.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/quakecon-10-fallout-new/703046

I missed this interview, so as I can see from that video, there seems to be much more interesting conversations indeed, and the random encounters wont be as fun or awesome as FO1 and FO2.

Then I saw this one:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/new-features-fallout-new/702866

And now I can assume that they've damn well improved the voice acting on this, as well as the animations, they're much smoother and definitely a jump from Oblivion/FO3's anims, which were somewhat....strangely inorganic?

edit- Videos taken down by ZeniMax >_>

Last edited by inzane krazy on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, one month later? He gets a bullet in the head and they dig him up a month later...

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, only a few days left, I'm so psyched Very Happy

Also, the voice actor for the Space Marines Squads in DoW1 seem to be the voice actor for the Police Bots in the Strip XDDD

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, i guess it's not a month later, who the hell told me that?!

Just started, can't say anything about the game yet, but looks a lot like FO3, but better already!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God.....I've started playing the game and....HOLY ztyping SHIT IS IT GREAT, THEY PUT SO MUCH WORK INTO THIS THING IT'S AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't argue with the new Fallout series, but I have mixed feelings about Bethesda. They pretty much blew me off on their support forms when Fallout3 kept crashing my PC - which was never fixed or even addressed by more than a 2 noobs in their community

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Can't argue with the new Fallout series, but I have mixed feelings about Bethesda. They pretty much blew me off on their support forms when Fallout3 kept crashing my PC - which was never fixed or even addressed by more than a 2 noobs in their community

Bit same here. I first want confirmation from my friends it runs properly on QuadCore processors before even thinking of getting it. Also, I heard it is also known as Fallout: New Bugs (may only be the X-Box version though).

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just like to put it out there, Hardcover game guide and special edition number 370 out of 3400 (UK/EU dont know how the numbering works) for the pc Cool

Ive got display driver related problems with FO3 and NV due to it being based on the same engine, the only solution ive got is reinstall my display drivers every few months :/
FO3 just crashes, NV tend to only crash when i try to enter VATs

From what ive played so far i like it a lot and it has a nicer feel that FO3 had (dont get me wrong it wasnt bad but its nice with out the Bethesda meddling or oblivion with guns rubbish they wanted/did put in)
My only problems are some animals tend to get stuck and the initial (what was special) settings, like in FO3 i honestly think they start to high (unless of course i get in to my anti DRM rants witch isnt a problem with the game but the publishers, who were they again... Rolling Eyes )

Edit: No NV still crashes hen i try to use VATs Sad )

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I once had crashes as well, but I patched to the latest version and it was fine.

Also, NV is epic.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Dutchy: I have a Phenom II X4 and it runs fine #Tongue
Running it on max settings is fine so long
as I don't have AA and AF

@Revolutionary: Try disabling the Cinematic kills in
options #Tongue

Damn...this game is good (goes back in).

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So how do you like the strip? Anyone...
I have only seen a tiny bit of it so far, spoke with Mr. House, and haven't been back, to much to do outside!

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game really is great. I love being able to take down factions and build up your own.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude I took over Vegas, destroyed the tops, freed some hookers, and made the people at the Ultra Luxe cannibals again. I love the game. I also murdered "The Brotherhood of Steel".

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess we all murdered the BoS once or twice :V

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actualy like the BoS in this game, i realy hated them in FO3 and there was nothing you could do about it until the DLC's (i have yet to play FO1 enought to find out what they were like then)

happy12
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Dude I took over Vegas, destroyed the tops, freed some hookers, and made the people at the Ultra Luxe cannibals again. I love the game. I also murdered "The Brotherhood of Steel".

Cheap Coach Purses

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may have freed the hookers, but you never got them cheap coach purses!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum