Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
ATL Ion tank [RA2/TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject:  ATL Ion tank [RA2/TS]
Subject description: based on ackrons Ion tank concept, here is my version
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with 8 charge frames , colourful it is.
RA2 is best used for this unit. Unit is TS sized , built for Total Conversion's for Ra2.

1.1*fixed bobbing Turret ( now is fixed, no more bobbing) and removed pipes cuz they don't look good, white area is now remap as intended*

GDIIontnkalt.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.38 KB
 Viewed:  4715 Time(s)

GDIIontnkalt.png

Alt Ion tank BIG WEAPON.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Alt Ion tank BIG WEAPON.zip
 Filesize:  85.38 KB
 Downloaded:  182 Time(s)

Last edited by Dubzac on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should always provide an ingame screenshot for your work, otherwise most people won't care and will state their opinion about it only after you provide the screenie.

It seems a bit small to be in RA2 considering I just tried it in TS and it fits quite nicely there.

I'm not a big fan of the white parts on the tracks, perhaps make them slightly more grey?

Here's an ingame:

Ingame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.3 KB
 Viewed:  5014 Time(s)

Ingame.png

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic lazy fail from a reasonably experienced modder, or so I expect.

Lacks detail. Confused

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elite_Pirate wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the white parts on the tracks, perhaps make them slightly more grey?

thanks for the in-game screenshot ,sorry i can't post in-games all the time, see im working on two project which one top secret, the other is public and very slow progress.

DaRTzO wrote:
Epic lazy fail from a reasonably experienced modder, or so I expect.

Lacks detail

@DaRTzO
-Grow up- be more mature, this place sickens me with Immature comments, like that

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac wrote:

@DaRTzO
-Grow up- be more mature, this place sickens me with Immature comments, like that

Hypocrite, and to think you're meant to be one of the older members, that's what is truly sickening. I know that DaRTzO is far from the best at giving proper constructive criticism but the fact is Dubzac, it just doesn't look that good. It lacks detail, a decent shape and your choice of additional coloring doesn't do the voxel any favors either, not to mention the fact that it's far too small for Red Alert 2, it's barely the right size for in Tiberian Sun. You don't put enough work into your public assets, seriously you have to spend a lot more time on things to avoid negative comments.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Dubzac wrote:

@DaRTzO

Hypocrite, and to think you're meant to be one of the older members, that's what is truly sickening. I know that DaRTzO is far from the best at giving proper constructive criticism but the fact is Dubzac, it just doesn't look that good. It lacks detail, a decent shape and your choice of additional coloring doesn't do the voxel any favors either, not to mention the fact that it's far too small for Red Alert 2, it's barely the right size for in Tiberian Sun. You don't put enough work into your public assets, seriously you have to spend a lot more time on things to avoid negative comments.

Aro just say you dont like it as for shape that a opinion not a fact. but colour could be better, colour and size you reckon, Okay i can fix that.

That's the response i was looking for, Aro, thanks dude.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drop the hostility people, it's nothing to fight about.

I would add some details to it and perhaps change the shape of the turret somewhat. Maybe try an angular design for the turret, stretching it more backwards?

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look details are cool i can make more/ change.

"angular design for the turret, stretching it more backwards"

right i'll get on it

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's easily gotta be the most mature response to criticism I've seen in a long time on this forum. +10 Points for Dubzac. #Tongue

The tank itself looks alright, the shape and such, it's just the detailing of the texture, perhaps the normals, I dunno. It looks sort of TS-GDI-like actually, not taking into account the white part at the back of the chassis.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Titan thanks
i meant it for TC's on RA2, look TS is a dead end engine i only like (TS sized units) but TS its self is a dead end,no one is really that interested in mak9ing the possibilities bigger than RA2. look lets face it work around are full of bugs and unexpected actions that was not meant to be, so many ideas we have here at PPm we totally eclipsed the TS engine many time over
there is more in RA2 than ever, okay it has limits and the engine is less then satisfactory but its something that we can have.

3d engines are okay for those that are epic coders, but to be honest there's not many of them here

its time to push forward we can be better than TS we just need the program to do it. i want to promote TC's can other modding activities because people at pmm have so much energy its time we put that to good use.

I make voxels for love of PPM this place has given me a home where i can share my stuff to you guys.

(yes i will do the fixes titan as you requested.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah the TS engine is quite overshadowed by Ares etc. But I'm still sticking to TS because of its atmosphere alone.
That's probably the single most difficult thing to replicate in an RTS like this and I haven't seen any mod that have given RA2/YR the same feel and atmosphere as TS.

Also, don't forget about the white parts on the voxel.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*updated* first post

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its ridiculously small, thus any details are hard to see. Nevermind that it looks very shiny, like it just left RA2. Its not a good voxel at all.

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 to carno's view. It is rather small and indistinct, Dubzac.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!