:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Tools » OS SHP Builder » Support
saving SHP for TD/RA
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject:   saving SHP for TD/RA Reply with quote

ok, just started modding with the OS SHP tool. Seems good. It opens the SHPs nicely, and even lets me edit them (currently trying to put the GDI A-10 into RA). Got my file all nicely made up, called it "yak.shp" (and saved to ".SHP (TD)" ) so that it replaces the Yak in game. Put it into the mix file in the right place, and made sure the old "yak.shp" was deleted.
Game just crashs if a yak is built.... hmm

So I try to RE-open the file, but I can't, apparently, if I don't save the file as ".SHP (TS)" the program doesn't want to open it.

So i now have my lovely A-10 saved as a .SHP(TS) but this doesn't work with RA1 (no dah), but more importantly, I can't SAVE files as .SHP(TD) because the function of this in the OS SHP maker tool, doesn't seem to work properly. It seems to save it as a wrong format.
Even if I just open the regular yak, do NOT edit it at all, goto file-->save (not even "save as", just "save") and then try to put that file into the game, or even RE-open it in the SHP maker tool, doesn't work.

little help?
-Liam

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a bug with OS SHP Builder. I've tried to fix it several times, but I couldn't find out which part of the code causes it and how to fix it.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're best off saving it as "SHP (TS)" and then using XCC Mixer to convert it to PNG and then from PNG to SHP.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, that didn't work, because the PNG was one LONG picture, not the seperate frames. So the SHP just ended up one really long frame with all the pictures of the unit in it. I know units CAN be converted from TD to RA, AND vice versa for that matter. I wonder how other people did it?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the SHP ended up as a single SHP because you used "Copy as PNG (single)"; instead you should use "Copy as PNG" (without the "(single)" part).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks, that's totally worked. Hopefully this will be the start of a nice little new mod for RA. Cheers guys.
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a year old, but just a small hint on this... you can convert a single PNG to a SHP with multiple frames by using XCC's Clipboard->Copy and then Clipboard->Paste as SHP(TS) function. That way it will ask the frame dimensions and amount of frames, and cut it up automatically.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks. That should be especially come in handy for those who want to convert Dark Reign (and other games) graphics into C&C format, as the Dark Reign tools export them only on a single picture.

I remember when i converted the Dark Reign Reaper into TS, i had to manually cut out all the several hundred frames by hand out of the single image, so XCC Mixer can convert them as a big sequence. #Mad

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... been there, done that (though not with DR)... I was quite surprised to find that that "Paste as SHP(TS)" reacted differently than the "Copy as SHP(TS)" :-\

I don't even know why he called them that, since the Paste As SHP(TS) function asks a save location, removing the actual "clipboard" logic anyway. He should just have made it "Copy Single Image As SHP(TS)" and put it with the rest.

Maybe I should ask him to change that... make the whole Copy As list into a "Copy file(s) as..." sub-menu with all the options in there. That'd clean up the normal right-click menu nicely too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Tools » OS SHP Builder » Support
Jump to:  
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise play the game below please contact the Administrator for help.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum