Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RA1 multiplayer maps question
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Alo
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject:  RA1 multiplayer maps question Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I just made a few maps using the in built editor for RA1.

I am a bit confused as to how to place the colored flags that mark the starting locations for players. I thought that the player who chooses 'Red' as his color starts at the location of the red flag.

Now, I have placed all 8 flags but when I launch a LAN game using that map, the players don't start according to their color. All the players do start at points where the flags are present; but the red colored player will not start at the red colored flag...he will probably start at the location of the blue or green flag. similarly with the other colors.

does anyone know how this thing works? I would really like to know as I am designing these maps for team based tournaments and teammates need to start next to each other.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the same question and concluded it that it is random.
I bet someone will find this. But yeah it is pretty random.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea the flags colour doesnt have any connection with the players colour, a bit like how the waypoint number in TS and RA2 doesnt mean the of that number doesnt always start there.

As for starting next to each other there is no real way in CnC,RA1 and TS other than luck or having every player spawning in the middle of the map (with no starting units other than the mcv), allying with your team mates in the center then moving over to the correct side of the map.

BTW this forum focuses more on TS up hence why there is no RA1 or CnC1 forum, you might still get help here at ppm but you might find more help over at www.cnc-comm.com since they focuse on the original CnC games. Smile

Alo
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah well i thought so....i just wished i hadn't wasted so much time trying to figure out a pattern that doesn't exist

@revolutionary
thanks for the link...cnc-comm seems to be a great site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon