Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
scripting
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject:  scripting
Subject description: tech/general powers for other factions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so i have the progen mod on my ZH game and ive been messing with alot of the maps and every thing.

china and usa missions i have both china and usa units and buildings on them, but the other tech tree of who ever is fully unlocked, i want to limit it for them so that using usa units and buildings alog wiht china on a china mid mission build a PC and just go over every thing, i want to make it so that its more balanced a bit, even if it is 2 vs 1 sort to speak.

i also want to have some missions where a generals power from usa or china can be used by one or the other, eg: china mission 5 or 6 where you get to use a usa carpet bomber, i would like to be able to use a lvl 3 A10 strike, or in usa mission 8 or 9 (generals final usa mission) be able to use some of the china powers as well.

would any one be able to help me on this?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to help.. but..
I didn't quite understand what you asked.

</Is this For a specific map?

/ If its for a specific map, well then to be honest, Can't help you, That was the only thing I didn't want to get involved with as far as generals. I'm not good at the scripting for a map. Even though, I can do some basic stuff,

/ If I remember correctly you can add a INI File to your maps, with coding. With that file you can add stuff like Other powers, make them avaible for use, etc.

</Or for the entire game?

/ If its for the entire game, a mod that will effect everything, then I can definitely help you there. Just.. Try to rephrase your question?

</ I read a bit more of what you were saying.

/ In response to what your asking as far as letting Faction X use Faction Y's Powers and Vice Versa. And this goes for Modding that effects the whole game, don't know if this will work as a INI file that you just stick with your Map Files. Anyways. To add powers to be able for use, You simply modify the "Commandset.INI found in your INI.Big or INI Folder if you extracted your .big . You would simply have to add/change the Shortcuts to allow someone the ability to use that power. That's not all though. After that, You'll have to give the ability to research, buy, or upgrade that of what you want. Normally China doesn't have the ability to buy the Fuel-Air Bomb from USA, However, Add the Commandset button for it, through your CommandSet.INI In that same file you will need to change/add/modify the Research available to the Faction of your choosing. Normally the research isn't available because Faction X Can't buy Faction Y's Researchs. However. Add the button, And voila.

Code:
CommandSet SCIENCE_AMERICA_CommandSetRank3
  1 = Command_PurchaseSciencePathfinder
  4 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop1
  5 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop2
  6 = Command_PurchaseScienceParadrop3
  7 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike1
  8 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike2
  9 = Command_PurchaseScienceA10ThunderboltMissileStrike3
  10 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair1
  11 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair2
  12 = Command_PurchaseScienceEmergencyRepair3
END

Add another line in there.
You can go up to 14 IIRC.
And to find the Science's you want, just look at the other factions.
Now..
You have your Science's all completed..
To use them.
You can change one of two things.

the Shortcuts Bar. -The Thing that goes on the side of the screen.

Or..

The Command buttons when you click on a or Structure.

For The Shortcut Bar.
Find the coding::

Code:

CommandSet SpecialPowerShortcutUSA
  1 = Command_SpyDroneFromShortcut
  2 = Command_ParadropFromShortcut
  3 = Command_A10ThunderboltMissileStrikeFromShortcut
  4 = Command_EmergencyRepairFromShortcut
  5 = Command_DaisyCutterFromShortcut
  6 = Command_FireParticleUplinkCannonFromShortcut
  7 = Command_SpySatelliteScanFromShortcut
  8 = Command_CIAIntelligenceFromShortcut
  9 = Command_SpectreGunshipFromShortcut
  10 = Command_LeafletDropFromShortcut
END

The above is for the USA Shortcut bar.
IIRC, there is one spot left, I believe there is a max of 11 without modding other files.

add a command button in there. and go get your research

The other way, is Also the same way, Except you need to go and find the Structure's command set that you want to change.

Go ahead and add a line there.

-I suggest you just Copy and paste Lines from one building, Shortcut bars, etc to prevent any mistakes.

Now.. I haven't modded in I say.. a few months now?! new game to work on.. So.. MOST Of this is off the top of my head.. If I got anything wrong,, Sorry. Again. this is for modding the entire game.. There is a way to do this for just a map, which you Should do just by going into Worldbuilder - Scripts - And I suggest you just look through all the scripts MOST of the scripts are pretty easy to understand as far as what they do. [/code]

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i was meaning is that some of the china missions, i have placed some usa buildings and units, like the war factory etc.

i did the reverse for some of the usa missions

i want to unlock the paladin tank so that even thou playing as china, i can build it and have the ability to use the A10 strike at lvl 3 and so on.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then.. Its for a specific map? Or Mission?

Then yes, you would go into Worldbuilder - Scripts - And just look around in there..

Now.. I know of the way for doing it for everyone.. but.. for a specific mission, I'm not sure about just sticking a INI file next to the map files. Ill go in test this once I get a new Disc

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can have map.ini files, they just go in the same folder as the map you are trying to edit. I just don't know what one is limited to editing here. I know the prerequisites can be changed of a unit, which will help you with your paladin problem, as you can simply change the prerequisite to whatever you want. Secondly, if you want to change who can buy what science, you'll need to look into science.ini, and mod accordingly.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i was able to do this once, cant remember how to now, but in the one china mission where you get to use the american bomber, i was able to have a usa CS able to use the UAV/Scout drone or what ever i know that i did that by scripting in the world builder.

eventually i want to add things (different lists) to each of the maps.

being powers and general points units, like the paladin etc

one more question, whats the difference with WB scripting and INI files?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well
depends

If your talking about a INI file for just the MAP
Not much difference. Except that with the INI file you can do so much more than WB Scripting.

With The INI Files for the entire game, You can do things, like massive edits.

I would say. Learn the limitations with INI Files for Maps, probably the best way to go, and easier.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so in short, best way to go would be to just use INI files then?

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep.

Easier to use, understand and implement.

I don't believe there is a tutorial on PPM, soo.. go hunting for a Tutorial on Map INI's

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can open, edit, and save .ini files with notepad, and you can extract them from the .bigs with XCC Mixer/ Final Big. I suggest you head over to the tutorial section and check out the newbie guide to modding.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have all the maps and the INI files, i think its because i have the ProGen mod on my ZH game ...... not 100% on that

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You see..
you have to have a "Special" INI file.
I don't think and correct me If I'm wrong, but you can't just put a INI file from the INI Folder/.BIG into a Map Folder. the INI's For Maps are set-up somewhat differently? again.. I don't know much about the INI's for Maps.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has to be called map.ini, and in the same folder as your map. I'm away from my comp, but they are essentially the same as any other ini file, you just put all the mods on that one file (makes sense to you ra2 modders, but this is atypical in generals modding ;P)

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok so ive tried messing with that, but havent gotten any where really.

could some one give me a direct example of what i would have to do to allow China the ability to build Paladin tanks in one of the missions at an American War Factory.

not planning to have it there for every mission, just a few of them, im trying to make it sort of look like some of the missions are more of a CO OP effort of forces to defeat the GLA

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon