Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Saving in skirmish mode in Red Alert 1
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject:  Saving in skirmish mode in Red Alert 1
Subject description: Does someone know how to get it working ?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As here are many people who are very experienced with .ini-editing and .exe hacking, is here someone who knows how to enable the save option in Red Alert 1 ?

Once there was afaik some mod which enabled the save option and also as saves are possible in the campaign mode and single scenarios there should be somewhere something what can be edited in order to get the save option also in skirmish matches.

So has someone here the knowledge how to get a save option in skirmish mode in RA1 ?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK it was implemented in a certain patch.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saving in skirmish is impossible in Red Alert.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are several mods which recreate red alert on the later games, would you be interested in playing one of them?

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@OmegaBolt
There is the emergency save in multiplayer, it might be that you are thinking about?

@DavyCrockett other than suggesting it to Hyper there isnt much you can do than play a mod which recreates RA1...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
Saving in skirmish is impossible in Red Alert.

I kinda got it to work, dont have access to my old notes but im sure it was easy to fix anyways.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
AFAIK it was implemented in a certain patch.

In TS the skirmish saving was implemented with a patch Omega Wink

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary wrote:
@OmegaBolt
There is the emergency save in multiplayer, it might be that you are thinking about?

I'd like to hear more about this, I read about this somewhere (might've been the official readme) but I've never seen anything about an emergency save in-game although I've had a few reconnection errors in RA1.

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
I kinda got it to work, dont have access to my old notes but im sure it was easy to fix anyways.

Could you try to make a small patch for it?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometime in the future, sure, but not for a while.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd imagine it's just repeating whatever check it does to make skirmish games pause when you open the main menu, in the code that disables the save and load options in multiplayer mode?

(not that I know much of RA's internals, but I'd imagine skirmish being "multiplayer mode" to the game)

Last edited by Nyerguds on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda, save games are universal, just gotta add the hook to it via the options menu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!