Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM is in urgent need of news posters.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject:  PPM is in urgent need of news posters.
Subject description: We need help from someone who enjoy posting news.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys. I've got a job a month ago and now my master course has started. To make things a little bit harder on my side, I've got a scholarship that forces me to get 4 subjects (each of them gives me a lot of work) and get high ratings on all of them, so I'm barely being able to handle my job with the master course. At least, I've guaranteed funds to hold PPM for several months. But I'm unable to collect news posts and post them very often. Is there anyone willing to help PPM with news posts?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought you had some news posters already? I'll stick my name up for nomination anyways, as I'll always be around here, and know how to act professional when the situation arises.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in, after all I visit PPM on a daily basis.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd offer to help, but PPM is the only modding website I'm active on. I wouldn't be a very good news poster if I don't know what's going on in other communities.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in the same situation (though I visit other places like FS and TW irregulary, but they are not sites from the most active end), but you can always post news about things happening inside PPM forums.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do whatever I can whenever I can which I'm afraid isn't much these days as I'm sure you are all aware from my lack of activity. I have barely any free time anymore, but I'm still here to do my part.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I unfortunately am in the same position as Aro Confused

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're really in trouble with finding newsposters then I'll do my best to help out.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends... Would it be all the news all the time or something that is big like a release of a mod? I also hope you would be okay with spelling errors and such.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yum. Guess I can throw my nomination in there, just for the hell of it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I've added m7 for now.

m7 wrote:
I thought you had some news posters already?

Dutchy, Aro and Morpher are busy.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to help, but I am not active on any C&C site beyond PPM. :/

So uh... good luck to the people who are applying.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll help out, but I won't be too active.

But at least four inactive news posters are better than three?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Banshee. I'll do my best to keep myself scattered around and searching for updates. Perhaps a PM explaining some rules and things to avoid would be best?

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I usually visit the forums a few times a day, and i frequent many of the cnc community forums/ projects i would be more then willing to do news posting if you still need somebody.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rules are very simple:

- No personal offenses of any kind in the news. Be mature.
- Do not use pictures wider than 600 pixels. It breaks the site layout for lower screen resolutions.
- Also, avoid hotlinking pictures from other places. Upload it to any PPM subdomain or, in your case, at Freedom Studios (which is in the same server).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, due to the recent lack of news, I've created the Community News forum, where any registered member may create a topic with an interesting news post. The relevant posts might be moved to the news.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was probably a better idea, Banshee. I don't know if all PPM newsposters are doomed but I've gotten so damn busy with real life that I don't even have time to check for updates everywhere that would have relevant updates.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't this basically what the Affiliate Announcements forum is for?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Clazzy. It actually makes Affiliate Announcements forum redundant. Considering the current usage of the affiliate announcements forum and the desesperate need of news posters in this place, I don't think that affiliates will loose much at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!