Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Will you buy Zero Hour?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Will you buy Zero Hour?
Yes!
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
No.
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 31

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject:  Will you buy Zero Hour? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You heard the question, buy it or not?

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, i dont have Generals, so im not buying Zero Hour, however, i do want generals

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me, i'm going to wait for red generals, thats all the generals i'm going to be able to afford.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will buy it Wink Generals runs just fine on my pc and it's fun even though it isn't a real CnC.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I've been looking at some screens of generals, and I doubt I'll ever buy it(That is even if I get a comp that could run it.) since they could have done much better while taking that much of a system up.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will even tho i still don't think its particularly good, but the quality of some of the mods out there is

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, although my comp can run it without problems. I don't like Generals, mainly because it's absolutely unrelated to CnC series Sad And i really don't like that 3d view... dunno why, I just don't like it Smile

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i used to hate 3d views but i get used to it... so ill just say... get used to it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've already got it. I haven't played it a lot yet. Been playing JKIII which i am disappointed about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Own it, played it, not terribly dissappointed at it's quality as a great game, just doesn't really deserve the C&C title, they even changed the damn logo! Great battlefield sim, just not the same feel as Command&Conquer. It seems more like a combo of a flight sim, FPS, and the gaming style of Star Wars Force Commander.

Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CNC ended with Westwood. EAs CNC is just going to be like this. I doubt we will get anything like Tiberian Twilight. Renegade was the last CNC in my eyes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It still lacks story Sad... That's what many of C&C fans still miss, although Zero Hour makes Generals look good Smile.

Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its bad they needed to make Zero Hour to make Generals look Good Laughing

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GLA are verry stong in ZH and the USA Laser General sukcs. The game kicks ass though.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If a 3-D engine gmaes implements anti-aliasing on the edges of madels so they blend more and dont look so pixelated it would look so much better. Alot of the generals units look to blocky around the edges

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

agreed

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
GLA are verry stong in ZH and the USA Laser General sukcs. The game kicks ass though.

I would have agreed with you after playing the game a few times, but, with practice and skill, EVERY general and EVERY unit is useful/good. That's really a strong point of Generals/ZH.

Seems to me EA Pacific, while not making games as classic and story-lined as WW efforts, is quite good at creating expension packs. However it may just be EA though who want to save some parts for an expansion to reap more money from us poor customers Mad

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Seems to me EA Pacific, while not making games as classic and story-lined as WW efforts, is quite good at creating expension packs. However it may just be EA though who want to save some parts for an expansion to reap more money from us poor customers Mad

EA is good at ripping money off from doomed titles with expansion packs.
Example: The Sims

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Hybrid
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right there. The sims has about 6 expansions now and they are all a load of shite.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And each one sells millions of copies...

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the new sims expansions are a load of crap which was made in 2 seconds

generals has changed the cnc logo which is really stupid.

GOOD POINTS :: I have zero hour and it is fun and the unit balance is good and clever, the missions r an improvement from generals. Generals never had any missions when u didnt have to build a base. Zero hour has many more of those which is good.

BAD POINTS :: 1 crap thing and a big dissapointment is how powerful china nuke general is. A nuke carpet bomb, cmon that is more deadly than the nuke itself. and the migs that fire nukes is really stupid. whats the need in nuke cannons when u can have a mig which is cheaper and alot more maneuvrable and has the same weapon.
The nuke is used to much for china

the rest is quite good though although it doesnt go wid the cnc stories

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it should have been just called, "Generals"
the CnC thing was just to try to get CnC players to buy it Mad

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fremen5 wrote:
it should have been just called, "Generals"
the CnC thing was just to try to get CnC players to buy it Mad

And it worked #Shocked

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it just pisses me off...
EAP must love expansions. Some expansions were good, like FS
But others, like Sims Superstar, is just crap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon