Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Screenshots, videos...
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject:  Screenshots, videos...
Subject description: ...and so on.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread shall contain all screenshots, videos and similar media.

I'll begin with the main menu, but don't worry, there's more to follow Wink

mw-mainmenu.png
 Description:
MW main menu
 Filesize:  74.76 KB
 Viewed:  23555 Time(s)

mw-mainmenu.png

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, and I was really hoping this was a YR project. :p

Can't wait to see more of this, as it could be a great project.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
Damn, and I was really hoping this was a YR project. :p

Can't wait to see more of this, as it could be a great project.

Oh, don't worry, there WILL be a YR/Ares version Wink

Ares has/will have several features (most of them not yet implemented, though) that will allow me to make something much, much better. The TS version is more like a gap-filler. That doesn't mean the TS version won't be good, though #Tongue

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Judge for main menu. Is it only use TS mode right?

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GameMaster0000 wrote:
Judge for main menu. Is it only use TS mode right?

yes. Using the newmenu.ini system would have forced me to make each button's art manually, FAR more work for little gain.
I might change that in the future, but for now this should be good enough.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In-game screenies:

SCRN0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  503.51 KB
 Viewed:  23454 Time(s)

SCRN0000.png

SCRN0005.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  511.93 KB

SCRN0005.png

SCRN0009.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  518.13 KB

SCRN0009.png

wcho035
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow another Mechwarrior mod. Cool. Hope to see this one come to completion one day, I was doing one for RA2, here is a screen shot of mine.

I got some unique mechs.. but the coloring of them are mess up and I am still cleaning them up.

Mechs in there are Grand Titan, Sunder, Yu Huang, Centurion, Seraph, Arch Angel, Atlas, Dragon, Viking and Hatamoto Chi

Mech3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.89 KB
 Viewed:  23348 Time(s)

Mech3.JPG

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My eyes are burning. I don't know what's worse, the fact you used JPEG, the fact you left your pic being half a page longer or the fact that those voxels are horrid.

On a more serious matter, awesome stuff from what I see there, Reaperrr.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wcho035's mechs could be improved with a proper use of autonormals, if he made it with voxels, of course.

wcho035
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Banshee, yeap those mechs are made with Voxels, but autonormals will not cure those coloring problem easily. I am more concern with shape accuracy for the moment when I make those mechs.. then later when I have the time I will clean up the colors. So for the moment I am just create and test.. then clean up later.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another problem with using voxels is the lack of shadows.

wcho035
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, however, with voxels, you can easily create a good mech like the Kell Hound Verfolger (see attachment) where .shp may take longer, then again I am not a .shp artist and I had worked with voxels which is more familiar to me. Maybe there is a code which can give the voxels shadows?

Verfolger.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.03 KB
 Viewed:  23194 Time(s)

Verfolger.png

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Reaperr, those look fantastic. Nice work man.

@wcho035, there really isnt much to work with on voxel shadows. but being this is a mech, which by all means should have several parts, you can use ShadowIndex=0 which should represent the main body. Only other thing I can think off is you could use the UseTurretShadow= if it has a turret. Other than that I dont think there is anything else you can do. Cause I believe Shadow=yes/no is only used for .shp's
Another thing you could also try is NoShadow=no on the vehicle code in the Rules.ini

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
@Reaperr, those look fantastic. Nice work man.

I know they look fantastic, but I didn't make them Wink
They're public assets made by LKO.

About voxel shadows, isn't there some kind of ShadowIndex= setting in art(md).ini? setting that to the main mody section should be sufficient I think (if it works, at least). Look at the Mammoth Mk. II from TS for reference.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought a few of them looked familiar, but wasnt sure Confused

wcho035
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey thanks for the tips Cranium and Reaperrr I will look into those codes.

I don't think having shadows is all that important, all that matter to me is, I want an RTS game which I can play with Battlemech in it, since there are few out there and I want the RTS game pattern to how I wanted it to be. So I decide to make one, with 10 sides, from Word of Blake Shadow Divisions, Comstar, the 5 Houses, Jade Falcon, Pirate and Peripery. I plan to have up to 50 mechs with 5 mech per sides, and that said those 50 mechs has to be uniquely identified with those factions for example Fafnir with Lyran, Saggataire with Fedsun, the Yu Huang with house Liao. I have already created the new graphical effect for PPC, Gauss and Plasma, (see large screen shot above for the green thing, blue thing and rings fire by the mechs)
The only problem which still bug me is, I want to create a laser effect which does not used the current lasers effect available in the RA2 game becauce it is resouces intensive. For if you have 60 or so units firing at the same time in the game it will crash or lag it like hell. I want a laser effect which fire like the pulse ball but have a trail behind it which look like a laser. That is quite difficult to do unfortunately.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@wcho035, not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I think you need to start your own thread on these matters. This is Reaperr's thread for his mod, not for anybody elses problems.

But with that said, and I havent tried this, but I think you may be able to get a laser effect by using these tags with an invisible projectile, but not sure.

Trailer= ;anim to use for trailer
UseLineTrail=yes
LineTrailColor= ; 0,0,0
LineTrailColorDecrement= ; Integer

wcho035
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Cranium, nope you are perfectly honest about what you said, I am hijacking this thread for my mod.. but honestly, I have not annouced the my mechwarrior mod as it is a private mod and has been on going the last 4 years.. I thought I used the occasion to help share the mechwarrior spirit as I am a big battletech fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon