Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Happy birthday, PPM!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject:  Happy birthday, PPM!
Subject description: It's beerday here! 10 years of drunk madness for this modding community!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today, PPM has complete 10 years of existence. So, congratulations for all of you who visit and participate from this community. Without you, PPM would be gone already or it wouldn't have anything interesting. Thanks for your contribution, for everyone's contribution!

Back in 2000, PPM started as a initiative to create a community modification for Tiberian Sun, 10 years ago. Just as any other mod that is created without a clear objective in mind, the original mod was never finished, however, it has grown into a full blown Command & Conquer modding community that generates any kind of contents, from maps, to mods, hacks, modding utilities and much more. During these years, in the C&C scene, PPM has provided significant contributions, not only by being one of the most active modding communities for the C&C franchise, but also to the way it affects the way modders mod these games, with the modding utilities, tutorials and the modding researchs conducted here. It's certainly a great reference for anyone who wanna mod any C&C game.

And what does the second decade reserves for PPM? It's a bit early for any prediction, but it might be an interesting decade. There were several attempts to hack the game engines from several C&C games and we'll certainly be able to use some of it in a near future, expanding our modding possibilities of these games. I also have a feeling that, once the research that will generate fully texture 3D models from voxels reach more advanced stages, 3D C&C games will get more interest from this community. At least, there will be much more models being textured, since it will be done automatically by programs. And finally, the tendency of PPM as a community is to try to expand to games beyond the Command & Conquer frontier, since there are interesting games to modify out there, although all of them might have several limitations as well. Or... perhaps, people may start to modify open source game engines. There are so many things to do that is hard to know where to start.

PPM's anniversary won't be a void event that only with blah blah blah.... There are several mod releases and other cool resources available here, thanks to the contribution of many kind users who wanna win the PPM 10th Anniversary Contest (see Nyerguds's post below). So, I'll be posting news about mod releases and featured assets posted here in the next hours. Tomorrow I'll start to anaylise the score from each of them.

In a short note: I'd like to apologise Muldrake for ruining his awesome PPM banner with a red '10th Aniversary' text. I think that it clearly describes my awful graphics skills.

Key Words: #ProjectPerfectMod #Birthday #PPMForums #News 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday PPM #All_Coholic
Congrats to you as well Banshee for the good work and keeping this site alive for 10 year!
Plus Congrats to all those modders i have seen come and go over the years, thanks for all your hard work!

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAPPY 10th Anniversary PPM!

I havent been around for all that long, and probably havent contributed as much as I could have, But Congrats to you Banshee for keeping PPM alive and well for 10 yrs, I've enjoyed my stay here thus far and hope to see 10 more Razz

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday and Goodbye.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

EH?

And happy buffday!

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Huh? Why?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, happy birthday PPM Smile

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh Aro you devious trouble maker you.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long live PPM and so forth. May FinalDawn as well lie there in wait for another 10 years #monalisa

Anyway, a great deal of modding discoveries have been made in those 10 years. One should consider updating TS:R or making a spiritual successor to it.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

... as well. (not you Aro.)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hooray for 10 years of 0 progress on Final Dawn! WOO!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love Gufu. I really do.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brotherhood, Unity, P...PM.

Let's hope for another 10 years, in the name of Kane! Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dudeinabox wrote:
Oh Aro you devious trouble maker you.

You know! Very Happy

Here's hoping for PPM's long existence, I've done a lot for this site and would hate to see it go down the drain, let us see it hit the 20th anniversary. Happy Birthday to PPM (Which is the same date as my little brother's birthday, GDI Jamie), I hope the best is yet to come.

I plan on cooking up a nice present. Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I plan on cooking up a nice present. Wink

Is it cake? Because I would like some cake.

Orac wants cake!

Cantdrawbutmod
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday.
If I had graphics skill and materials to go with my imagination,I would have provided a picture of a cake with 10 TD Nod Obelisks on it.

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy 10th, Project Perfect Mod...

Funny story... apparently I signed up for this joint in 2007, but I totally forgot about it. It wasn't until fall of 2008 that I found it again, and realized "whoa, I have an account here? JACKPOT!" and decided to start visiting regularly.

High fives, all around!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Orac wants cake!

Well I was originally thinking scrambled eggs on toast but I guess cake would be more fitting.

God, I'm so hungover...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!