Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Support Powers
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject:  Support Powers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While ra1 had a good dose of support powers (spy planes, parabombs, paratroopers, sonar pulses, etc), there's a distinct lack of them in ra2. So, I'd like to know what kind of support powers you guys would like to see the ra2 sides get to spend all those Generals points on. One idea we had for example was the 'MiG Strike' based on Boris' Attack MiGs. Any suggestions would help, and they would be most appreciated if they were based in the actual game.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think tech paradrops, secret lab stuff, some of the superweapons, maybe crate powerups as well could be used as potential powerups. Abilities not implemented in the respective units could also be potential support powers.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Soviet) Spy Plane
(Soviet) MiG Strike

(Allied) Paradrop
(Allied) Force Shield

..I'm not sure about Yuri
(Yuri) Psychic Reveal
(Yuri) Stealth ;Like the GLA support power? I dunno

That'd still be only two each +SWs, if those all get fully implemented, which gives them each 3/4.. still not enough, ya?

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although RA3 already have quite a lot of support powers, may I suggest making the Harbinger a support power?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Although RA3 already have quite a lot of support powers, may I suggest making the Harbinger a support power?

Thing is, Harbinger is already a complete unit. And what's even scarier, IT IS BALANCED.

That's the power of IC, for ya.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harbinger balanced?!

One thing for RA2 special powers is their large number of faction specific units(tesla tank, tank destroyer, snipe, bomb truck).

If one would need more you could think of paradropping conscripts for the soviets like the tech airfield did, chrono in some IFV's for allies, or add some of Orac's ideas.

The main thing is that generals powers are a delicate tool that can make or break the balance.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yar, Chrono-reinforcements might be fun. I've been enjoying it in Ares.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would suck to have a bunch of enemies chronoing behind your forces/in your base and then followed by a Chronosphere'd group of Prism tanks Neutral

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot about crate bonues, perhaps I can get some kind of plane that comes in and drops random crates...

Forcefield looks like a more difficult Iron Curtain, so fat chance I'll be able to get that to work...

The reinforcement power is always an easy yet generic thing to pull off. It'll be what I use if nothing else comes up.

Usually in IC, each side has:
-4-5 units which they unlock (country specific, xpack units, etc)
-Low Level Power (say spy plane)
-3 attack powers (levels 1,2, and 3)
-3 Support powers (reinforcements/support buffs)
-1 Secondary Super Weapon to Unlock
-A miscelanious (could be some kind of upgrade)
-An awesome Level 5 thing

As of right now, Allies have the following: Sniper, Tank Destroyer, Grand Cannon, and Black Eagle Unlocks, Paradrop 1-3, and the Chronosphere unlock.

They need some kind of attack power, which will probably be a Hornet Strike you call in (lvl1-3). Some type of upgrade, and something really awesome for level 5.

The Soviets have the tesla tank, desolator, terrorist, and demo truck to unlock, the spy plane, MiG Strike 1-3 and the Iron Curtian to unlock.

They need some kind of support power, which makes the crate drop look awesome. They could use a couple Level 5 stuff for pure epicness, so I'm all ears.

Yuri doesn't have much to unlock. There's a seperate thread about this already.

A final note about support powers, if you think they're unbalanced, you can always have a gentleman's agreement not to use them, which we do in IC all the time (allong with supers, rushing, and the like). They're kinda there to add some chaos to the game (what better to mix up a turtle fest than a button that takes out an area of the opposition for free?) They also add some pacing to the game, which is what makes the unlock feature cool to play around with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon