Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Forgotten logo
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject:  Forgotten logo Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I messed around trying to create some sort of logo for the Forgotten. Can't say I'm very imaginetive or talented in this area so I was basically between a tiberium crystal or some sort of hand being held in the air. Here's what I was able to make

Does it look fitting for Forgotten? The quality is not there but I mean the basic idea. What else could the logo be about? Oh and if anyone would be willing to help me out with it I would definitely not mind Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about a slightly glowing green crystal clasped in a fist (the kind of hand you showed), on a black background? Perhaps put the symbol inside a polygon, like Nod's scorpion was enclosed in a hexagon, and the GDI eagle was encircled. I would suggest a star-like shape, octagram perhaps.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something like this? I got stuck creating the background, tried some emblem shapes, but it always ends up looking so much less detailed than the GDI and Nod logos.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but both ends of the crystal should be identical (only mirrored).

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe, man, nice idea for logo. I like it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made the crystal identical on both ends, but I'm not sure it turned out too good. Maybe the crystal is too long for this.

Here's another version, alot more simplified. Think it looks more fitting for a logo, could imagine it painted on the side of a tank or something. Should I keep this as the basis and work the background emblem for it?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want something more consistent with GDI and Nod logos, I'd recommend using a gometric shape as the backdrop, like GDI's circle and Nod's triangle.
Maybe something that represents an animal instead might also be good.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Nod's triangle.

HERESEY!

The idea of the fist might be too similair to Nod's symbols, hand of nod, fist of nod, the black hand, etc etc.

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about square? some thing like this.

A 1 minute paint #Tongue

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like game master's one

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrm. i'd make it more painful like the hand appearing to have been stabbed by the crystal. #Tongue yes, a bit like stigmata.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool: The black hand does look bit similar to Nod Black Hand logo, but that one has the palm open and isn't holding anything. Quite many logos / banners have pictures of hand so I don't think it's that big of a problem. Also I don't recall the Nod Black Hand logo being seen anywhere in TS, though I could be wrong. When did it first appear? Tiberium Wars?

GameMaster, that shape looks very fitting for the logo. I'll try to work off something from it.

Ickus: Surprised ... being stabbed by the crystal could reflect how tiberium is destroying their lives, but I'm not sure the forgotten would put that into their logo Laughing. The message of the current logo is that the forgotten and tiberium are connected, but instead of giving up they are trying to conquer it. Or something.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would assume the Forgotten try to emphasize their status as the despised anomalies, abandoned by the rest of humanity. They have however strong bonds themselves, and often view allying with blunts as unworthy. I.e. they have a clan society based on trust.

Quote:
When did it first appear? Tiberium Wars?

Renegade. There it is a black fist painted inside the Nod hexagon, with a Scorpion tail on both sides of the fist. Both of the Black Hand logos have been disappointing in my opinion, and could've been done better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon