Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
NOD too stong compared to GDI
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [78 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
F-22 Raptor
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject:  NOD too stong compared to GDI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets just face it that in the unofficial v. 1.2 NOD stuff is way too strong compared to GDI stuff. THe Meteor Storm can nearly wipe out half a base while all GDI gets is Spy Sat. NOD has 5 AA structures(SAM Site,Obelisk of Light, Obelisk of Darkness, Cabal Obelisk, Core Defender) compared to GDI's SAM Site. GDI has one "Defined Artillery" and NOD has 2. The Obelisk of Light and the Cabal Obelisk are both AA and can take out a Orca Bomber with one shot.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I had the choice I would have made all the Cabal stuff unbuildable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL stuff should be really expensive, and for both sides. (BOTH gdi and nod captured CABAL during FireStorm, remember?)

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you could just weekin the damage those things do or make the GDI stuff stronger. As it does sound unfair for GDI. And It would be a shame if you couldnt build them and I would be a little boring if each side got all the same stuff.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If they were weakened, they would become useless as you can build SAMs, Laser Turret and Obelisk of Light for much lower price and you can get them earlier.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still feel the Obelisk of Light should NOT have an AA capability, to hard to make effective airstrikes, or clear out air defense from the ground because the obelisk makes base defense almost entirely invincible from all but the most long ranged units. I'm used to wiping out the AA first, then supporting my troops from the air, now it's impossible unless hitting against GDI. Sad

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the release 1.2 obelisks of light will NOT have AA capabilty and both MSA and EMP cannons will be once agaian available for both sides

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PilotstroupF15E wrote:
I still feel the Obelisk of Light should NOT have an AA capability, to hard to make effective airstrikes, or clear out air defense from the ground because the obelisk makes base defense almost entirely invincible from all but the most long ranged units. I'm used to wiping out the AA first, then supporting my troops from the air, now it's impossible unless hitting against GDI. Sad

Have you ever thought about taking out Power Plants first?
Without power, Nod's defences cannot function.

If you capture GDI Weapons then you can build MSA and if you capture Nod Radar you can build the EMP Cannon.

The sides are supposed to be different.

Now, flame me as you wish. Rolling Eyes

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well seaman i agree with you on this one, in TSTW all sides do have some way of scanning and EMPing, but all different.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EMP disables tank battles which = less stratagy, unless you give the EMP Structure a build limit.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EMP also prevents rush tactics

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I usually take the power out from afar, but only enough to shut down the base, then sweep in and capture everything I can. It's crazy, but it's worked just fine for me for the four years I've owned the game.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A friend of mine has a very unique strategy when playing nod vs. nod... He drills a sub-APC up into the middle of the enemy base (after deducting where their Stealth Generator is and marking it with a waypoint) then deploys 5 engineers, the first of which captures the SG, at which point the rest of them are stealthed so the enemy can't see em, and the enemy base is revealed. Once the stealth is under his control, he can send in more APC's that he had ready, filled with cyborg strike teams and more engineers... He captures all the key structures under the cover of the stealth, and once he gets the hand of nod/war factory he can produce units from inside the enemy base and finish them off.

It works quite well, but it's extremely difficult to prepare and to use. You really have to use it against a bit of a slow-moving adversary... If you use it against one that likes to kill in you in the first few minutes, you're a gonner.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:

So does firestorm generator.

This is the way I sides wanted to be:

GDI
High level of intel, strong units, weak defenses, low power usage, slow
Combat style: Brute force
Most units are vulnerable to Ion Storms:
Some of them just lose their secondary weapon, while some units shut off entirely or even explode.
Most defenses are unaffected.

Nod
Low level of intel, weak units, strong defenses, high power usage, higly mobile
Combat style: Sneaky, usage of hit and run tactics.
Most defenses are vulnerable to Ion Storms:
Some of them just lose their secondary weapon, while some defenses shut off entirely.
Most units are unaffected.

Try_lee
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

So does firestorm generator.

This is the way I sides wanted to be:

GDI
High level of intel, strong units, weak defenses, low power usage, slow
Combat style: Brute force
Most units are vulnerable to Ion Storms:
Some of them just lose their secondary weapon, while some units shut off entirely or even explode.
Most defenses are unaffected.

Nod
Low level of intel, weak units, strong defenses, high power usage, higly mobile
Combat style: Sneaky, usage of hit and run tactics.
Most defenses are vulnerable to Ion Storms:
Some of them just lose their secondary weapon, while some defenses shut off entirely.
Most units are unaffected.

In theory, it sounds good. But keeping it like that and keeping balance shouldn't be too hard, people just need to learn to play again. It isn't the same game as TS and people need to realise that.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats why its clled a mod lol

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I completely agree with Seaman, here. Although both sides should have something EMP imo, FS generator is difficult to implement as a defense. And btw, the ion storm stuff seems to be impossible at the moment.

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only use the FS gen as missile defense, otherwise I use mechanized infantry supporting existing automatic base defenses to keep out unwanted guests. The ion storm effects seem a little drastic though SeaMan, GDI units disabled and/or exploding!? :blink: WTF!?

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry it isn't possible

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The key is IonSensitive=yes.

*hint hint hint*

As for units exploding or becoming disabled, they were already in TS.
Hover units are immobile and flying aircraft crash and explode during Ion Storm.
Missile-based projectiles or high powered weapons becoming disabled is a new thing in TSR.
Ion Storms are lethal.
Tropical storms are nothing compared to them.

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was all too aware of airbone vehicles and jump-jets blowing up in mid-flight during an ion storm, but I was under the impression that any and all high-tech weapons would be free game to the storm effects and spontaniously explode. That would drive you mad! Something like, "oh shit, half my base is on fire, my Titans are blowing up, my H-MRLSs are splattering onto the ground, what's going on!?" Something more out of the ordinary for that situation, that's all I was concerned about. And yet you have an odd tactical advantage for guerilla fighting and sneaky base assaults during an ion storm while your enemy's eyes are blind and their hands tied.

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:

*hint hint hint*

As for units exploding or becoming disabled, they were already in TS.
Hover units are immobile and flying aircraft crash and explode during Ion Storm.
Missile-based projectiles or high powered weapons becoming disabled is a new thing in TSR.
Ion Storms are lethal.
Tropical storms are nothing compared to them.

I believe you once reported that adding that tag to a weapon/unit crashes the game. Anyway, it would be could if it would be possible. But not in the extreme form, plz.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="The DvD"]
SeaMan wrote:
I believe you once reported that adding that tag to a weapon/unit crashes the game. Anyway, it would be could if it would be possible. But not in the extreme form, plz.

It does not cause crashes.
Extreme form?
Is it that I said it in too general way as everything would be affected?

All basic units unaffected.

I wonder why does not like anymore TS as it should have been?

Quote:
Ion storms which cause power intensive units like (sonic tanks) to simply shut down.

You can control them, but not able to attack with them until the storm ends.

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool i really though it would crash the game... i'll try it out soon. I should place the IonSensitive=yes tag in the weapon's section, right?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. Like this:

[MammothTusk]
IonSensitive=yes

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IonSensitive doesn't work

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How my tanks couldn't fire during Ion Storm then?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well when i tested it i got that 'visit westwood.ea.com' error

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

atleast it worked in 1.08

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't test it yet on my 2.03, Terror what version did you use?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Latest version. We already descused in TS editing forum that it only worked in earlyer versions.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using 2.03 and it works.
By the way, IonSensitive= tags were added way back in beta E of TSR and I think you had that version, DVD.

Last edited by SeaMan on Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as far as i can remember, IonSensitive=yes doesnt cause an error but simply does nothing

hence the reason why its nowhere to be found in the default rules.ini i would guess

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
as far as i can remember, IonSensitive=yes doesnt cause an error but simply does nothing
hence the reason why its nowhere to be found in the default rules.ini i would guess

Are you sure? Maybe you should test the latest version of the mod on Maelstrom map.
When I last tried it, Sonic Tanks couldn't fire during Ion Storm.
The reason why it is not present in normal rules is that it could have bring some balance issues or newbies whining about "omg dispritor dont fire when the scren go yelow and bolt appear from sky!!".

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill test it today or tommorow

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
"omg dispritor dont fire when the scren go yelow and bolt appear from sky!!".

Ah who cares what the stupid noob thinks they should learn how to play the game and use all of its advantages and disavantage of units in a game. Rolling Eyes And by the way we keep talking about GDI units that get disabled. Is there any NOD units that are efected?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awrethien wrote:
Is there any NOD units that are efected?

Yes. As said, any missile-based or high powered weapons will be temporalily disabled.
These include Light Tank's AA missiles, Recon Bike, Rocket Trooper and Cyborg Commando's Proton weapon (he uses his Flamethower when the other weapon is disabled).

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the .exe file included in 1.2 beta, actually added some tags, or am i concluding the wrong things.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys why don't you make an amination that looks like rain, so you can have weather affects. Sure it might be laggy but it would kick ass.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
So the .exe file included in 1.2 beta, actually added some tags, or am i concluding the wrong things.

It only changes the cursor.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Guys why don't you make an amination that looks like rain, so you can have weather affects. Sure it might be laggy but it would kick ass.

Had that idea before... it would be awesome, but really hard to make...

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i know a very easy way of doing it. It would even be controllable by triggers. However it would interfere with ion storm...

... and now i've just got a second way to do it Smile

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be interesting if you could have bridges and destroyable cliffs "wash-out" during the rain like a flash flood...adds to the feel of the situation and to the chaos. Chaos=Good for you, bad for enemy

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even that would be possible with my second idea..hehe Wink

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have no second idea

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFF and I actually had an idea for making an entire map flood when a dam was destroyed, it'd take a heck of a lot of work though.

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

copying generals eh?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_O ...no... not at all... What has Generals done that? I don't know the first thing about Generals!

I don't mean to get all jumpy here... I just really hate that game >< Anyhow, it's an original idea, I think it'd work well too... Just take a lot of time. I have better, easier map ideas to put to use first though...

BTW, Joe, I know this is changing the subject but this topic has changed subjects so many times already... I *LOVE* your Avatar... did you make it? If so, how hard was it to make... and would you be willing to say... make one for somebody else? Very Happy

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scrn_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.05 KB
 Viewed:  40961 Time(s)

scrn_2.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah, that map rocks Smile.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon