Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
NOD too stong compared to GDI
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [78 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
You have no second idea

At least i have more ideas that you, nana nana naa Razz Razz Cool

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it wasn't so easy

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What makes you think Generals invented that in the first place??? Things flood when dams are destroyed! It's just how it is!

I'd like to go on record of saying that I have never seen or heard of any dam being destroyed in Generals until this day, and I came up with the idea for the TS map I described to you prior to the release of Generals. So.... there!

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're going offtopic.. but ah well we know SMIFFGIG will make TSR balanced.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NOD too stong compared to GDI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F-22 Raptor wrote:
Lets just face it that in the unofficial v. 1.2 NOD stuff is way too strong compared to GDI stuff. THe Meteor Storm can nearly wipe out half a base while all GDI gets is Spy Sat. NOD has 5 AA structures(SAM Site,Obelisk of Light, Obelisk of Darkness, Cabal Obelisk, Core Defender) compared to GDI's SAM Site. GDI has one "Defined Artillery" and NOD has 2. The Obelisk of Light and the Cabal Obelisk are both AA and can take out a Orca Bomber with one shot.

Remember that in this "unofficial" release, I didn't put these Core Defenders or Cabal Obelisks in, it was Smiff who wanted them (or, originally DeeZire who put them in Tiberium DeeZire and later ripped from mod by.. guess who.)

How it can be unofficial if it is released by a official member of the mod team?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please dont start this fight again and i say or both cabal stuff or both none of his or else smiffig is making a BAD move imo

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
please dont start this fight again and i say or both cabal stuff or both none of his or else smiffig is making a BAD move imo

Me neither. We were supposed to work together with good sprit but something went wrong in the process. I made mistakes and the angry boss threatens to kill me (seriously, guys). Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SM, you're not going to make him any less angry with you by trying to tear apart his reputation here on PPM... This topic needs to be closed before another flame war breaks out.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time to spread some Nod propaganda:

Peace through power!!! (anyone who tries to disrupt it gets banned.... j/k, not banned but warned, but if they insist, ban will be a consequence).

Anyway, guys let's stop this fight for now because I dont wanna a "LOL" topic here (those who goes to CGen knows what I mean).

Back to the original topic, I've talked to SMIFF why I think Nod is a way stronger than GDI... mainly 2 things:

- Core Defender on skirmish
- Chemical Missile is easy to get and recharge quite fast...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
SM, you're not going to make him any less angry with you by trying to tear apart his reputation here on PPM... .

Why I would? Cannot I express my feelings about how Smiff treats me?

This is even more strange...

Quote:

10.10.2003 23:19:27 I'm Detective John Kimble!!! Sea hey
10.10.2003 23:19:38 Sea I'm Detective John Kimble!!! no more insults please
10.10.2003 23:19:45 I'm Detective John Kimble!!! Sea ?
10.10.2003 23:19:59 I'm Detective John Kimble!!! Sea what are u refering to

10.10.2003 23:20:11 Sea I'm Detective John Kimble!!! what you have said today
10.10.2003 23:20:59 I'm Detective John Kimble!!! Sea oh my Arnold Schwartzneggar quotes Neutral

So what he said before were quotes from Arnold as the Kindercarten Cop...? Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seaman... I understand you are pissed off at him and that he didnt treated you well due to some recent events, but try solving it between you and him only. Comunication is everything Wink. For now, I'm locking this topic. If Smiff decides to unlock it later, it's up to him...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK ive decided to unlock this topic, but PLEASE can we keep this on topic

Any offtopic replies will be deleted from here on

Topic TItle: NOD too stong compared to GDI

So is this the case, who agrees, who doesnt

What do u think could be made to change this. Ive posted some ideas at TumSun www.tiberiumsun.com and have done some things to balance out the situation whilst recently working on the final 1.2 version

But wats ur suggestions Cool

-SMIFFGIG

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Offer GDI counter-technologies whenever applicable. That's all I have to say I guess.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or like an EMP artillery with a low area of efect, and make it so that it makes oblisks temporarily disfunctional

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juggernauts are powerful enough against obelisks. The problem is the Defender. It can't be too weak, since it would look stupid.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Juggernauts are powerful enough against obelisks. The problem is the Defender. It can't be too weak, since it would look stupid.

Yes..

Who wants to build a 100000 credit unit when it gets destroyed by a unit that costs only 1500?
But then, making it cheaper/more powerful would bring more balance issues... as I said in chat with Smiff, the unit is impossible to balance without making the unit itself or other units useless. Same applies to CABAL obelisks.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im working on the Defender
Im aware that in skirmish it is too powerful for the AI to handle (even the improved TSR AI)

Mplay is a different matter (and what it was originally tested for) and remember TSR was originally (and still is) primarily a mplay mod, but skirmish is still very important

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe you should get rid of the superpowered unit. Doesnt make sense that NOD can built it anyway.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree with captain sword just get rid of it

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

get rid of the core defender, its silly to have it in multiplayer.

about the problem with AA and obelisks, im not sure how buildable the emp is in TSR but i always set up an emp base outside the enemy base, emp it and send in a load of carryalls with disruptors. it worked. to remove obelisks just get juggernauts defended by an mkII, mlrs and wolverines. same works for all defenses, removing the power would work better.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all cabal stuff will no longer be included in TSR 1.2
including of course the defender

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the defender seems kinda of a n00bish unit, anyway (unless used against you on a mission)

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use it in TSTW for CABAL, but you can only build one of it in the entire skirmish game.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do u build the structure or the unit, cos a core defender cant fit out a war factory

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Defender is always overpowered. Just because it's 20,000 or something doesn't give it a pass to pwn everyone and their mother.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: erm, banshee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that map, with the dam, that chinese mission 4, i think.. its been a while since ive player it, and i also lost my generals cds, but i think that on the back of the box

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has absolutelly nothing to do with Generals O.o

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....Or...does it?! ;:shocked look on everybodys faces::

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon