Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Your Input - Music in IC
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject:  Your Input - Music in IC
Subject description: Make your own list, for Greater, heretical Good.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many of you have seen the great progress that IC went over the past 2 years - 9 "new" sides, complete with navies, (incomplete) support powers, and lack of animations.

But if there is one thing you could certainly help the IC with, and that is surprisingly enough, your opinion.

So, what is required of you? Simply make a list of songs from C&C, Dune, or perhaps any other Westwood series and divide them into three categories: Soviet Themed, Allied Themed, and Miscellaneous. Soviet Themes would be heard when you play as RA1, RA2, or RA3 Soviets. Allied Themes would be heard for the three Allied faction. Finally the Miscellaneous themes would be heard by players of Yuri, Empire, and 2 other Factions.

Then, all you have to do, is post your picks in this here thread. Now, it's all up to you.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I add that it's preferable if you have a list of max 7 themes per side, as that is what Generals uses now too Wink

Soviets: Soviet March (RA3 Main Menu theme), Hellmarch (preferable 1), Tribute to Evil (E:BfD Harkonnen), Destroy (RA2)
Allies: Blow it up (RA2), Industrofunk (RA2), Jank (RA2)
Misc: dunno, music from House Ordos (E:BfD) may fit #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I dont think Dune should get in there because its completely unrelated... What I'd rather you did was have a great selection of tracks from the RA series and just have them on shuffle for all factions. Considering there arnt faction specific tracks at all in RA2 and only in singleplayer in RA1 it makes sense not to do it that way.

From Red Alert: Roll Out, Workmen, Voice Rhythm 2, Bigfoot, The Second Hand (is that its name?), Trenches
From RA2: Destroy, 200 Meters, Fortification, Industro Funk, Power
From YR: Brain Freeze, Deceiver, Trance L Vania
From RA3: The Might of the Empire, East Moves West, Red Rock, Desertion, Lying in Wait, Enter the Shogun Executioner, For the Emperor!

RA3 tracks are shorter so I included a few extra. #Tongue Empire tracks are the best in RA3 IMO, the Allied ones mostly suck...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad idea OmegaBolt. It won't change much, as it will stay at the 3 'themes'. Problem is: what to do with the secret armies, as they are from a different game...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I disagree with your opinion on the Dune music, OmegaBolt. Quite a few tracks would fit in Red Alert (particularly action ones, but even a few ambient songs should fit right in). And IMHO, you don't have to limit it to RA universe, as there are plenty of songs that would fit the gameplay.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So? It's a mod all about RA. Why just dump in some random unrelated tracks? Theres a lot of RA music to choose from.

Dune music feels like Dune, it has a completely different atmosphere IMO. RA tracks are crunchy and desolate whilst Dune tracks are a lot more spacey and regal.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no special preferances for music, however i do already have al the RA1, RA2 & RA3 music ready to combine, so I'll look into this thread and post any required music on dropbox if that's required.

One more thing, I had an idea to do this some time ago, now it turned out to be about 100mb with less than 20 tracks, so beware on music, as it adds one whole lot of size to the mod.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
I have no special preferances for music, however i do already have al the RA1, RA2 & RA3 music ready to combine, so I'll look into this thread and post any required music on dropbox if that's required.

One more thing, I had an idea to do this some time ago, now it turned out to be about 100mb with less than 20 tracks, so beware on music, as it adds one whole lot of size to the mod.

Best idea is to add is as an optional download, like RotR does.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And then you best hope to whatever deity you can think of, that it won't break your multiplayer game because someone isn't using the same music pack.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tetris theme and the Soviet Anthem had best be in it. #Tongue

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the UAW OST? #Tongue

Some Novus tracks fit in with the Allies and Japan (cuz of their hi-tech nature) while some Hierarchy tracks fit in with the Soviets and Yuri (invade and destroy everything!). Not sure which faction could use the Masari tracks (sad cuz these songs are the most epic in the game but none of the RA factions seem to fit with it).

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shovelware isn't worthy of RA2.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
What about the UAW OST? #Tongue

Some Novus tracks fit in with the Allies and Japan (cuz of their hi-tech nature) while some Hierarchy tracks fit in with the Soviets and Yuri (invade and destroy everything!). Not sure which faction could use the Masari tracks (sad cuz these songs are the most epic in the game but none of the RA factions seem to fit with it).

Don't steal my mod's ideas #Tongue

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, screw you! #Tongue Thats my idea as well.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Shovelware isn't worthy of RA2.

maximumtrolling.jpg

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
And then you best hope to whatever deity you can think of, that it won't break your multiplayer game because someone isn't using the same music pack.

nope, we just put music.ini with the other ini's, then a seperate .big for the music, and then ZH won't even care whether you do or do not have the 00DaFoolMusic.big

Yes, I tried it, it works(simply cause it doesn't change gameplay technicals)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
gufu wrote:

nope, we just put music.ini with the other ini's, then a seperate .big for the music, and then ZH won't even care whether you do or do not have the 00DaFoolMusic.big

Yes, I tried it, it works(simply cause it doesn't change gameplay technicals)

I already mentioned that #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright kids, back to making up lists of music, or we'll just add this for all the sides, on repeat:

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon