Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Organic Cliffs -> Manmade Cliff Changes
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:  Organic Cliffs -> Manmade Cliff Changes
Subject description: How did Blizz do this exactly?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been trying to map on SC2 for some time now, and one thing that has me still confused is how Blizzard's map makers got the cliffs to go from organic cliffs to man made structure cliffs... The attachment shows such a spot.

from what I've seen, they use a doodad called a gap filler... I've tried doing that myself, but I still get forced to have a small space between the man made section and organic section of cliffs on the same level... Has any of you figured out how to get it like this?

Terrain 063.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  319.53 KB
 Viewed:  7494 Time(s)

Terrain 063.jpg

ARustySpoon
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did they change the scale of the object in their maps?

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not that I'm aware of... You can try placing a man made cliff right next to an organic, you'll see the editor will make a small space between the cliffs that small units can travel between.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you paint on impassability?

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
can you paint on impassability?

Texture-wise no... The impassible sections of the cliffs have a set texture on the cliff faces. But you can place doodads on them and such, though I'm confused of how Blizzard has done it with their maps like the Arakan Citadel the screen shot is from.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I found out how to do it! I have images below from a test map I made to show I've done it. What I did to get it to work like this went like this...

Go to Tools > Brush > Allow Cliff Merging

And then you're able to make cliffs go from organic to man made! However, you'll need a doodad as the models of the man made cliff and organic cliff have different angles that cause no drawing, which is where the gap fillers come in. Hope this helps anyone that didn't know. I know it had me confused until i found it.

Terrain 084.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  370.19 KB
 Viewed:  6990 Time(s)

Terrain 084.jpg

Terrain 083.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  372.1 KB
 Viewed:  6990 Time(s)

Terrain 083.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum