Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
CnC: Final War
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:  CnC: Final War Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a long time without posting updates at PPM, I'm coming back stronger than before. With much disgruntlement behind Soviet Dawn: Incursion's design goals, I took much of the work behind it and had a rebirth with CnC Final War.  With some altered goals, less emphasis as a rewrite of YR, and more emphasis on a serious tone on a serious war with all three factions. I came today bringing you lots of media goodies, so be prepared to see some pretty good lookin' stuff.

New logo, designed by Aro. Looks damn good.

The mod features three factions:

The Allied Coalition stands to fight the 'evils' of communism and mental warfare. The Allied Coalition developed after the events after Red Alert 2, where the handling of Russia's nation led to much political turmoil and human rights disasters. The Allied Coalition has shown their true sides through their disastrous treatment of the Russian population. While some nations have left, others remain ready to defeat the new Soviet Empire and the PsiExoda threat. Their technology often is the most advanced scientifically, using sophisticated weapon systems over traditional cannons. Their advanced tech often lacks armor, which is made up in firepower. They have durable lower tech, and their infantry support makes them a true threat on the battlefield.

The Soviet Empire is the collective communist countries left in the world following the events of the Allied victory. Led by Iraq, the only remaining old Soviet country, these nations have upped their ideology and technology. Contributions from shared scientist in vanquished nations as well as contributions from newer nations have allowed for their technology to shine through as truly modern. Fueled by revenge, their goals are to destroy the Allied Coalition for their injustices to the Soviet people. However, they have not forgotten about traitor Yuri, who had left Moscow in the Allied hands after the Chronosphere was used to invade and end the war. Their weapons are traditional, often following big gun/brute force mentality. Advanced weapon systems in the Soviet Empire do not match the sophistication of the Allied Coalition, but work effectively at bringing destruction. Their heavy weapons and tough armor makes the Soviet Empire forces stronger per unit than any other side.

The PsiExoda, a society created by Yuri during the war against the Allies in secrecy from the Soviets, exists all around the world. Fueled by genetic enhancements, cyborg augmentation, and mental domination, the PsiExoda aims to stretch their beliefs to the rest of the world in a mad lust for control over the world. Suddenly appearing as a military power, many nations do not know how the PsiExoda has existed all this time undetected. Their announcement to the world was brought in with a total massacre of South America's two major military powers with ease. Videos that made it out to the world often depict horrible weapons of war being used to weaken, manipulate, and eradicate enemy forces without regards to humanity. What we know of the PsiExoda, their technologies are unethical and often lighter in armor. They avoid direct confrontation in favor of ambushes and weak flanking spots. Their weapons often seem unworldly, with only one real image of an almost alien weapon being used to abduct soldiers for who knows what. The PsiExoda is an army of mystery, and a grave threat to the rest of the world.

And now that the boring text part is out of the way...

Let's have imagery! Posted below are a few images that show off some of the soviet features of the mod.

Some Allied Coalition information threads can be found here:
Allied Coalition Infantry
Allied Coalition Armored Vehicles

And a few videos to end my megapost:

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice stuff M7, but what are those vehicles traveling across the water? They kinda look big and unstable for amphibious travel. Other than that ,so far so good.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They seem to be sunken down, but not to any noticeable amount. Looking great otherwise. Very Happy

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
They seem to be sunken down, but not to any noticeable amount. Looking great otherwise. Very Happy

Yeah I noticed that. Aren't that APC traversing in the sea?

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think Bullfrog from RA3, which is a neat idea.

Steam

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait mah Flak Tracks have become anphibious? Well thats news to me. Laughing

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it's Iraq vs the Allies vs Yuri? Seems a bit lopsided #Tongue Gonna throw some South American and Asain countries in? Maybe some russian resistance?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the Allied Coalition vs. Soviet Empire vs. PsiExoda. Or, in your lopsided comparison, America vs. Iraq vs. PsiExoda.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your little description says Russia's defeated, and Iraq is the only country that remains #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Iraq could have built a new Persian empire to lead the Soviet charge.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do those Flak Tracks have fixed turrets? Last I heard, turrets and amphibious images are not compatible with each other.

Everything looks pretty damn good. Just don't include a troll named Bush for the Allies and everything is all good Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Do those Flak Tracks have fixed turrets? Last I heard, turrets and amphibious images are not compatible with each other.

I'm fairly sure that Ares fixed this, along with the altering water state.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'm fairly sure that Ares fixed this, along with the altering water state.

Ares has not fixed this at all, there is a lot in play when it comes to the development of alternate voxel states. The Guntrack just happens to have the turret merged to the body so it does not disappear when the unit enters the water.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, that makes sense.
I really though.... oh well.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gonna bump my thread with some new updates. Currently I'm moving towards a release in time with Ares 0.2, so there will be a public mod showing off some real Ares power. Shown below are some screenshots, as well as descriptions to explain what's going on.

Allied Coalition Prism Towers have been advanced by the war effort, allowing them to network together more effectively to bring down enemy units.

Ares' new Menu Colors feature has allowed me to do the remap colors justice with a deeper, more Tiberian Sun tone of colors. All colors reflect their ingame appearance.

To add to the tactical control of tech structures, players must garrison and hold these structures to gain their benefits. The tech structures take only tiny amounts of damage now, passing it all to the occupants inside.

Chinese Tesla Mammoths are powerful heavy vehicles, designed to take down any armored threat with ease. A voxel by Azri_Apoc, the Tesla Mammoth is the Chinese equal to the Apocalypse Tank.

A part of Yugoslavia's advanced Iron Curtain technology, the Mammoth Tank fires powerful cannons capable of dealing with any enemy force. When they are under attack, the tank can deploy a personal Iron Curtain, deteriorating the hull slightly while giving it a short time period of invincibility. A voxel by Azri_Apoc and a concept inspired from Mental Omega.

Another Yugoslavian device, the Iron Sky is a support role heli designed to beam down Iron Curtain rays, protecting the target. A concept from Red Ares and a voxel by lefthand, these skybirds are sure to be useful to any attacking force.

A conversion by Andrewmarley and original work by Balou, the Yugoslavian Black Hand is the heavy troop of choice. Armed with powerful cannons, they disintegrate enemy infantry and can square off with heavy tanks. When it comes to buildings, the Iron Curtain beam will damage even the heaviest structures, while giving them the same protection. Prototype weapons aren't always perfect, after all.

New pips were developed for Final War by OmegaBolt, the mod's lead graphical go-to guy.

I'm considering getting a forum setup here on PPM as an alternate hosting location for exposure. What does PPM think? Do I have what it takes to get hosted?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is... Sexy.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything is looking great. Surprised Good job, that terrain also looks diferent, makes an new fell and somethings there show how ares is cool. #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got to get my YR working

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gold plated awesome.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a new terrain or is it just a map lighting?

m7 wrote:
I'm considering getting a forum setup here on PPM as an alternate hosting location for exposure. What does PPM think? Do I have what it takes to get hosted?

Yeah. Ask Banshee if you want to get hosted.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Moomans terrain with an altered palette.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been working on getting Banshee to host me, so I may have a forum here soon enough.

@everyone: Thanks for the compliments, I strive to create a well-tuned environment in both visuals and gameplay. It should play as good as it looks if I do my job right. :p

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
I've been working on getting Banshee to host me, so I may have a forum here soon enough.

@everyone: Thanks for the compliments, I strive to create a well-tuned environment in both visuals and gameplay. It should play as good as it looks if I do my job right. :p

So you'll update both at FS and here, right?

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks awesome.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Deformat: Well of course! I've only asked Banshee for a forum, I've got webspace at Freedom and if I ever get a site I'll have it at a Freedom Studios address. Unless Banshee gives me space here too. :p

@-=HelloDave=-: Thanks. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon