Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas,Concepts,Plans.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject:  Ideas,Concepts,Plans. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So,
I'm at a Modder's block
I can't think of any new buildings :O
Would anyone be kind enough to supply some of their own ideas/concepts/sketches?
Credits would go to whomever supplied the concept, and credits would go to everyone who gave an idea whether or not it was used.

I also -Primarily for my faction- Plan on combining buildings to make room for more building's.

For example, my airfield is a Airfield and a Radar building in two.
I wanna do the same for the Barracks and War factory, possibly combining them, I am also thinking about having a "light, earlier tech war factory" and a later "heavy, late tech war factory"
Same with the barracks, or at least just apply an upgrade.

to toss my ideas as a sorta guideline [don't have to follow it, just my thinking, but can't find a structure that I like, that can help follow this] but, for a defense, I'm looking for a basic tower, with a standard autocannon, however, you can apply one of three specific upgrades, adding another weapon to the autocannon, such as AA missiles, AT weapon, or Anti-infantry weapons. [Think of Halo war's Base Defense towers] I just never liked their design :3

I'm also thinking of having a "Central" Tech building, similiar to the Propganda or Strategy center, however, you would get many different upgrades, and it'll be the link to all of your later-tech vehicles, The structure itself would be upgradeable, allowing later tech's.
Think of adding another building/level to the orginial to simulate the "Upgrade"

On the design/aesthetic note, my faction has a generally "Dark" Theme,
Black steel, Obsidian, or Onyx like theme's, with dark shades of red, blue or green [different colors simulate different levels of security/experience/rank/whatever you could think of]
It's also a kinda, "Industrial" look, with Concrete Slabs, with a hint of "monolithic" themes, such as Strong, large, buildings, with that shine of A new building, that could last centuries.
[think of the Halo Forerunners with their Large, Monolithic buildings]

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Things,.,,,, look at google, research the elements you want to use. Sketch and sketch some more. Design basic shapes. You already have the sense of direction it is just the form you seek.

blughgugol

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
Things,.,,,, look at google, research the elements you want to use. Sketch and sketch some more. Design basic shapes. You already have the sense of direction it is just the form you seek.

blughgugol

Best advice I would give too.
Look around you while outside. I've taken many structure designs from structures I see when travelling to my job #Tongue

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the advice guys #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon