Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Someone has returned from the dead...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [117 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure selling open source software nearly "as is" is illegal. Selling a derivative work is legal, but only if you have permission from the license holder. I'll cite CounterStrike and Day of Defeat as examples, but they had permission to do so.

I think we're all in agreement that oztronix does not have permission from EA to sell a damn thing.

Steam

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
Heh the douche bag removed the links to "pay" for his content.

not only that, the whole content has been removed.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CL4ymOr3 wrote:
ChronoSeth I'm not going to help him, I'm not his friend nor his mate and why would I like to ruin my reputation. I dont want anyone to call me A$$tronix's minion.. Like I said I'm not his friend...And If people thinks I'm going to help him with his Global Rip-off I will just leave my plan so he can go Fuc% himself..

That's not what I meant... It just seems a bit... well, I can't quite put it into words. I don't think he quite deserves to be

Meh, changed my mind halfway through. Do whatever the hell you want to this guy.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oztronix...

1293910578952.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  838.09 KB
 Viewed:  6835 Time(s)

1293910578952.gif

CL4ymOr3
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh ok I get..Nah I think its better to post bad reviews!

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh look at the ModDB page. Shit's gone, yo.

Steam

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh i saw him selling music in cdbaby.com earlier months ago, the guy is just incredible shit, i doubt anything he sells he has actually made... okay supposedly he even has a band and all lol.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ducks are quite cute tho

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ju-Jin wrote:
The ducks are quite cute tho

Agreed.
However, I wonder what PETA thinks of him....
oh the lulz that could be had...

Anyway, Im glad he is gone for now. Jerk incarnate...

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that was funny, would have gathered up Albrecht and did shit like old times with Iloo. Bwahahaha.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems it's gone now. I knew I could count on you guys #Tongue
To quote the TF2 Soldier:
"Every one of you deserves a medal!"

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
Well that was funny, would have gathered up Albrecht and did shit like old times with Iloo. Bwahahaha.

Ahh... Good times. I wonder what happened to that cheese eating imp.
*Nostalgia*

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Website wrote:
Our MODDB page is deleted on our request, due to continued abuse received from Revora

and PPM networks members, by whom we are now regulary verbal abused as well,

for some time now, to this day, although we did all we could to conform to their

(now unreasonable) requests, threats and insults, after our current v 1.5 is ready.

We have filed the case to EA, and hope to get the support from them on this issue.

ROFLMAO!!!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well to be fair it doesn't look like he's using Daz's stuff anymore. All of the buildings are RA1's ballooned up to a massive size. The vehicles are fugly though, lawl.

e8xw3
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From new v 1.5,
oz may have the point this time
here, for going legit now,
+ posting there about the v 1.4 will
be indeed rude, as he also needs
to go ahead. Maybe someone
should message him directly that
he just may have 'donate' button
instead of charging for downloading.
(he obviusly doesn't know this, so
will have no further problems). ?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excuse me, what the ztype are you saying?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Oztronix... again..

BLOCK HIS MAC ID!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Such coincidence someone reactivates his old account that had only 2 posts and was unused for more then a year + this somebody has the same writing style he defends.
He really should start to at least try to mask his own posts when he thinks he needs to play someone else.
But quite funny try indeed.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the profile image is a duck, i remember there was a link to hes page where he gang rapes ducks?

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, This is so pathetic.

"Ima rip RA1's art, convert em with third party tools, and then put them in RA2 and sell it, DERP, I HAS SMARTS :B"

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is this happening?

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And he picked my thread to show up and start talking in his strange short sentences...

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeeze atari, quit being ungrateful. You should be honored that Farmer John has graced your thread with his posts. For you, this is the greatest day of your life.

For him...

It is Tuesday.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Son, I suggest you go back to selling ducks or whatever it is you're doing. Because selling mods* is a poor entrepreneurial decision. No money to be made when there is no market**.

*poor mods
**potential target market hates you because of previous offenses

Ezikio
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Jeeze atari, quit being ungrateful. You should be honored that Farmer John has graced your thread with his posts. For you, this is the greatest day of your life.

For him...

It is Tuesday.

Great Bison Quote Laughing

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

e8xw3 wrote:
From new v 1.5,
oz may have the point this time
here, for going legit now,
+ posting there about the v 1.4 will
be indeed rude, as he also needs
to go ahead. Maybe someone
should message him directly that
he just may have 'donate' button
instead of charging for downloading.
(he obviusly doesn't know this, so
will have no further problems). ?

You have a lot of nerves showing up around here laddy. I can tell you that. Doesn't matter that much though, as your silly rip will be history Smile

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
well to be fair it doesn't look like he's using Daz's stuff anymore. All of the buildings are RA1's ballooned up to a massive size. The vehicles are fugly though, lawl.

Maybe not Daz but he is still ripping.

raminator wrote:
that ass-vibe still using my old ralike-terrain...
with bad edited pal

Also @ Oztronix if you can't even attempt/bother to write a coherent sentence with grammar and spelling checks (even your Google site has numerous spelling errors) then just don't.

You continue to abuse the community from the selling of a copyrighted game which is not abandonware to spamming Mod DB profiles, to claiming you can actually create content which isn't either piss poor, ripped or Google resized.

Finally why would anyone want to donate to you?

If I'm gonna use any money I'll donate to a community website for running their servers instead of your dirty hands with your ego higher then mount everest.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This guy is just incredible. And by that I mean retarded.

Steam

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I decided to report his site as spam, since I couldn't do anything about the copyright issues.. I don't know how google free sites respond to it since there is nowhere to write the complaint like there was on his bravehost.. anyways, go report it as spam!

Edit: Excuse the sprint thing. It pops up on every post from my new phone.. kind of annoying.. sorry.

Posted from my Samsung Epic on Sprint "The Now Network"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is he ripping if he has just RA1 assets and shitty voxels, AG? Westwood? You can't use that argument, because -everybody- has ripped off of Westwood's work for their mods.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
What is he ripping if he has just RA1 assets and shitty voxels, AG? Westwood? You can't use that argument, because -everybody- has ripped off of Westwood's work for their mods.

In all fairness, this is true. However, there were never any attempts to 'sell' any of it.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
In all fairness, this is true. However, there were never any attempts to 'sell' any of it.

Not true. I remember threads back in the day where Chinese people were selling Dee's mod as an RA2 expansion pack.

Steam

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AFAIK some Russians created a Yuri's Revenge mod which was on sale as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Uh, he's claiming he made RA2, YR, Final Alert 2, and probably all the inflated RA1 assets.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:

Uh, he's claiming he made RA2, YR, Final Alert 2, and probably all the inflated RA1 assets.

Good enough reason.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHHpsbMuV1g&feature=related[/youtube]

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you claim responsibility for that abortion of a tool that is FA2YR? Christ.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
that ass-vibe still using my old ralike-terrain...
with bad edited pal

Maybe I didn't make it clear but he is currently ripping raminators old RA-like terrain without permission obviously as well as all Westwood/EA/Olaf made tools.

So he is both a community black listed ripper and also a copyright infringement ripper since he is trying to sell a deriative of game which is not abandonware

Finally e8xw3 should be banned as its obvious who it is.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is just stupid. Why should I care?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nobody asked you to care. :3 I'd stay for the lulz.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChronoSeth wrote:
What is this I don't even...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know many of you do have enough reason to be pissed off at oztronix, but do not lower the level of this forum with unnecessary flames, otherwise, I'll start censouring your posts from now on.

If you want to discuss ways to take down whatever ripped copy of Daz's mod or raminator terrain or whatever he has ripped, go ahead, post here. But keep it clean, flames will be deleted. Flame him in another forum... away from PPM.

Quote:
Finally e8xw3 should be banned as its obvious who it is.

The ISP match with Oztronix, so I suppose he is really Oztronix and he has been banned for ripping resources and promote such attitude.

Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a muppet. He really is clueless #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL, HAHAHAHAHA

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I reported the mod again. Everyone else should do the same.

Steam

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reported. Again.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has anyone played his mod?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [117 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!