Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Skirmish mode
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject:  Skirmish mode Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In skirmish mode for TS:Firestorm, how do I make the computer play the opposing side? It always plays the same side as me, GDI vs GDI and NOD vs NOD. I want to play GDI vs NOD and vice versa.

Cheers!

~

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good question, not sure of the answer though.

Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was hoping there was a crack or some *.ini file that could be edited. Red Alert had the same problem, but at least sometimes it gave you an opposing enemy rather than always the same side. There ought to be a button so you can choose the enemy forces.

Crying or Very sad

~

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood only thought of that with Yuris Revenge.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh...Shadowblade I've got no idea what's wrong with your TS, but the opponents are chosen completely random by the game.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, it has to be possible in RA2 at least, cuz they didn't make an entirely new engine or something, but ts, fs, and ra I don't know

Btw- I wish td has skirmish its my favorite game Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why don't you just convert TD into TibSun?
The cliffs wont be the same, but you could try?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had the problems once to choose more opponents and there is another faction present did you try reinstalling that helped my problem

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It might be possible to 'get' the problem when you're toying with new sides, but otherwise.. no it simply won't happen.

Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Uh...Shadowblade I've got no idea what's wrong with your TS, but the opponents are chosen completely random by the game.

Well, that's what's wrong with it. I don't want a random choice made by a programme, I want to choose the enemy each time myself. But they didn't implement such a feature. All it needs is a patch with a button to choose the enemy, like choosing the number of starting units or the tech level.

I've played a dozen skirmishes and I've only got the opposite side once: GDI when I was NOD.

Cheers!

~

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, thats weird, mine mixes it up. sometimes i got the opposing, and sometimes I got my side.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try reinstalling the game or playing the normal maps like grand canyon.... that is really weird..

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah..Grand Canyon sucks.

Just had to say it..

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the dvd has flamed grand canyon before...
Anyway, you will have to mod this one yourself shadowblade, I ain't got the time to remake a map selection screen and write up in the ini's so you can choose your opponant... (i'm not sure its possible with the TS engine anyway...)

Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, well, then I'm stuck with it, I suppose. I got the opposite enemy another once or twice, but if it's random it ought to be 50:50? Perhaps I haven't played enough games yet?

I thought for a while that if I chose the map and the settings and then switched sides before starting, the computer played the original side I chose. But that seems to have been a coincidence as I just played another NOD vs NOD.

Cheers!

~

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Bah..Grand Canyon sucks.

Just had to say it..

What's wrong with GC?

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the dvd just doesn't like the map, hes made that clear in many threads (posts)

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's so undetailed...

wir
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*edit*

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum