Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Rise of Immortals
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject:  Rise of Immortals Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It appears that Petroglyph have finally announced their new game publicly:
http://www.riseofimmortals.com/
It's an MMO DOTA-like game where you have an avatar (or whatever you want to call it) with persistent stats.
They're having a closed beta which you can sign up for on the website, I've registered but the release is apparently in spring so I don't know how many people will get a chance to test it. On the plus side, I suppose it doesn't matter too much because it's free to play.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reminds me a lot of league of legends

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty unimpressive, like most Petro games I've seen.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Robopope99 wrote:
reminds me a lot of league of legends

That's probably because it is. They're both based off DOTA, a custom map for Warcraft 3.

Quote:
Looks pretty unimpressive, like most Petro games I've seen.

I've been pretty disappointed with everything Petroglyph's done. It's depressing that both the people who work on C&C now (apart from the people who did Generals and C&C3) AND the people who used to work on C&C are incapable of doing decent strategy games. The best thing Petro have done is the space component of Empire at War and Universe at War, although a good idea, was unfortunately clunky and not that fun to play. Starcraft is probably the only proper RTS left, and I've never really liked it. I think I've slowly moved away from the RTS genre since most strategy games I play tend to be turn-based now.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huzzah. Another impending failure of a game, from Petroglyph.

On the other hand, DotA is becoming a genre of it's own (Demigod, League of Legends, DotA2).

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Petroglyph games have all been disappointments except for Forces of corruption which made EaW pretty good. Other than that, everything has been pretty mediocre.

Clazzy wrote:

Starcraft is probably the only proper RTS left, and I've never really liked it. I think I've slowly moved away from the RTS genre since most strategy games I play tend to be turn-based now.

Played Company of Heroes? It's a pretty good recent RTS game. But I've found myself playing more RTT games recently like Men of War Assault Squad (played the demo several times) and the Total War games.

Stll play C&C1, RA and TS though Very Happy

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Played Company of Heroes? It's a pretty good recent RTS game.

I did, that was an ok game. I never played it quite as much as I should have though. However, that came out over four years ago. Apart from SC2, the amount of RTS games in the past year or so is very small. I suppose there's Eufloria but that barely counts as strategy.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strategy gaming is slowly sinking to be a niche market. At best you'll get original games that don't suck. At worst, sequels that do.

Although, Company of Heroes are a great game series, particularly in Single Player. Multiplayer, not as much, but that's where Relic's own Dawn of War, keeps it covered.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dawn of War is easily my favourite game at the moment. The campaigns are pretty easy, but in LAN this game plays so damned well.
Oh, and the Baneblade is just so beautiful.

Ontopic:
This looks to me like another disappointing game from Petroglyph... Which, yeah, is sort of sad.
They need to get their act together and think of something new (or at least do something old from a new perspective).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum