Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Changing EA Generals music..
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LCr0wd
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject:  Changing EA Generals music.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been a long time since I touched EAG and im not really in the mood to break out the editors again. So to be brief, does anyone know how to change the music in EA Generals to anything other than that crap its currently got (and what format music has to be in). Hell is there a way to have the music playing non-stop like decent RTS's used to be like (Starcraft and the real C&C series).

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The files are in a .big file, and they're mp3's. I've seen a setting in the ini files controllin the pauses. I guess if you give your own mp3's the filenames from the game's music, you could at least replace it. but eding some kind of music.ini would be better.

LCr0wd
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, found music.ini so should hopefully be able to add a bit more of C&C to this than just 1 quote..

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

place all the new music in the
Command and Conquer Generals\Data\Audio\tracks
folder. the file can be in .wav or .mp3. if u dont have a tracks folder make one

then u need to make a folder called INI in the data Command and Conquer Generals\Data folder. download the generals ini files from www.CNCNZ.com or somewhere like that. extract the music.ini to the INI Folder and change the filename of the music to the filename u want for eg

change

MusicTrack Track1
Filename = USA_09.mp3
End

-to-

MusicTrack Track1
Filename = name of the new music.mp3
End

----------

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zdflamer2 wrote:
download the generals ini files from www.CNCNZ.com or somewhere like that

- funny... does anyone know that zero hour ini files can be downloaded here in PPM?

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, havent been here long but i suppose it does make sense. i think u could download generals inis but i never did, i just extracted them myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon