Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Multiplayer Mission Questions, feeling a dedicated thread
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject:  Multiplayer Mission Questions, feeling a dedicated thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured if I need to keep asking questions why not keep them all together for future reference and to help some poor soul out who has the same trouble.

I am developing a Multiplayer Mission for me and my friends and I was wondering the following.

Question 1: When clicking a unit or structure the HOUSE e.g. america yuri cuba, are these only for Single player missions when starting a new map or can I use these instead of having to use a give attached unit/building to whatever player?

I mean I want to add a objective to destroying cloning vats, but if they have a trigger to be controlled by someone from the start I can't do this.

Thanks for any support

Hogo

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw some of thoses maps (don't recall if with anything like you said) but maybie local variables might work?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are only for single player and will not show up if you add them to a multiplayer map. Also, you can't have a trigger for destruction of the cloning vats if it matters which house destroyed it as Player@X doesn't work for the Destroyed by... event IIRC (does it work for any events at all?). You could have something happen if it was destroyed by anyone though, but it would have to be placed as neutral or special initially. If you want more scope for the Player@X stuff, you might want to vote up the fature requests on the ares bug tracker for them.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
They are only for single player and will not show up if you add them to a multiplayer map.

I'm assuming your referring to the structure units placed on map with countries selected on them, this is true, however triggers using countries still works, although it's tricky.

Blade wrote:

Also, you can't have a trigger for destruction of the cloning vats if it matters which house destroyed it as Player@X doesn't work for the Destroyed by... event IIRC (does it work for any events at all?).

I'm pretty sure this is true, however their is a workaround, it's not perfect, it requires using an attached trigger to have the building start belonging to a player and then using a destroyed by anything trigger.

Blade wrote:

You could have something happen if it was destroyed by anyone though, but it would have to be placed as neutral or special initially.

I'm assuming your referring to using an attached trigger. And yes your right.

Blade wrote:

If you want more scope for the Player@X stuff, you might want to vote up the feature requests on the ares bug tracker for them.

If you do so I suggest trying to get support from others first and providing a very good case for such a feature. I too would like such a feature. Although workarounds do exist already.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Bugsey827
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I mean I want to add a objective to destroying cloning vats, but if they have a trigger to be controlled by someone from the start I can't do this.

You could give the Cloning vats to someone, and use a Techtype does not exist trigger and have it set to cloning vats.
Or you could give the building to the JP house (I mean double click the building, and change house from Civilian to JP), have a trigger that gives all JP stuff to a player, and then use the Destroyed by anything trigger and attach it to the cloning vats.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't matter who the building belongs to if you want the outcome to be dependant on who destroyed it though, there is no workaround for that unless you mandate that each player picks a certain country at a certain waypoint. Since you can't enforce that in the GUI, its pointless to suggest it as a workaround since it doesn't cover cases where players don't do what they should.

See http://bugs.renegadeprojects.com/view.php?id=1086 if you want to vote the issue up on the ares bug tracker BTW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon