Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
mission editing
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject:  mission editing
Subject description: just some questions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question.

im messing with some of the missions in the game *Progen Mod*

the usa mission where your in Iran taking over Dr Thrax oil derics, i want to change the leafelet drop general power and maybe add another one to replace the sniper.

im just having a hard time understanding and finding where some of the scripts are for them.

also, i was wondering if there is a way that i can change the tech tree, like make it so that the usa can also build the laser cannon *laser general* and the missile, also do some other editing.

any thing on what i can do for that?

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: mission editing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spy46 wrote:

change the leafelet drop general power and maybe add another one to replace the sniper.

In what way? reload time, effects, doing damage, completely new power?
Try the ini files of the game, than copy the stuff you need to override the existing code, the new code then goes into the map.ini(which is in the map's folder)

spy46 wrote:

im just having a hard time understanding and finding where some of the scripts are for them.

No scripts, just code, inside the games ini files, for generals there in ini.big, for zh in inizh.big But i'd suggest to think clearly what you want before trying something, that helps in getting answers on how to do it.

spy46 wrote:

also, i was wondering if there is a way that i can change the tech tree, like make it so that the usa can also build the laser cannon *laser general* and the missile, also do some other editing.

That's a rather simple solution, go to the commandset.ini of the game/mod, then copy the line which says something like "3 = lazr_commandConstructLaserTurret ;" into a new commandset for your dozer, so it can build it. There's one catch though, which is that you'll also need to enable construction of laser genr's power plant, as it it the prerequisite for the laser turret.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what i was meaning, is that in the mission its self, i wanted to switch between the general powers.

instead of leaflet drop, get carpet bomb etc.

i personally find that some of the powers are ultimatly useless and i still like this game and play it from time to time *even if it had no real story*

im replaying the missions and some things are just too one sided for this or that and i want to mess with it.

what is the DaisyCutter power?
ive seen it a few times but dont know what it is

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, just use finalbig or xcc mixer to get the commandset.ini file from generals/zh then copy the commandset you want to change and put it in a map.ini which will go with your map, then edit the commandsets.

one note though, most generals powers rely on code in the commandcenter, mixing powers from different faction might not work.

Daisycutter is the fuel air bomb, might also be the moab

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daisycutter = what?

ok then.

but in regards to the powers i wanted to switch, i was just thinking some thing simple like replace leaflet with the USA carpet bomb or some thing for example.

the 5th? mission for china i just wanted to add the naypalm strike *the rest of the generals missions were added in by the progen mod* and add the other china ones in the 7th? USA mission and probably a few other things along the way like that.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, if the mod you're making this for already has the needed code, than it's just changing the commandset of the china commandcenter in your map.ini

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im still having problems.

i cant tell what i need to edit to remove the leaflet drop and place the usa carpet bomb OR other power in its place.

what would i have to do to revert it to a defalt?

like in a skirmish game or some thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon