Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My Visual Project
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [135 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject:  My Visual Project
Subject description: Replacements for RA2:YR's cameos, insignias, GUI and etc..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The purpose of this project is not to provide any changes to gameplay but simply here to serve as a mean to spice up the visual appeal to Red Alert 2.

The aims of this project is to create new loading screens, insignias, background images, GUI replacements and cameo replacements.

Comments and requests are appreciated.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Political Map Editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This raw PSD file can be openly used to outline which countries belong to a specific faction (Soviet, Allies, GDI, etc.) or anything else. Although it is not practical for the game itself but it can be useful to visually illustrate world alliances.

Countries are easily categorized by Continent > Region > Country (i.e. Europe, Western Europe, France) and can be recolored/textured through the layer options function.

Political Map Editor.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Political Map Editor.rar
 Filesize:  817.02 KB
 Downloaded:  251 Time(s)

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a template that doesn't have any political boundaries? If there isn't that might be something useful to include.

Those that know how to photoshop don't have to worry about this though.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Is there a template that doesn't have any political boundaries? If there isn't that might be something useful to include.

Those that know how to photoshop don't have to worry about this though.

Use the magic wand tool, select outside of the "continent outline" layer and then inverse > copy > paste. The "continent outline" layer is basically just an outline.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I originally had a menu background similar to this so I may update it with this

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting idea...
*downloads for future use*

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starting on replacing my former loading screens. The aims of this project:

- Using a smaller palette of colors so the image looks much smoother.
- Easier to Customize: each faction's loading screen will have a set of over 100 different countries to use.
- I have attached shapes were the game adds text in.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's really slick. The design is very fluid and if that has the palette applied, it looks damn good.

Steam

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that's a big improvement, looks very high-tech. The border around the radar box isn't centred correctly though. #Tongue

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FANTASTIC Very Happy

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Flags HD

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My Visual Project Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job already.

lefthand wrote:

What I'd like to see is a blank version of your loadscreens, which only features generic layout in a color scheme, not featuring any side or country-specific art, in png form. Mods which add a 4th side can't use your current loadscreen family, because it's hard to replicate your style into the fourth side's loadscreens.

I know I'm the minority who use ACDSee, GIMP and Paint instead of Photoshop, however I ask it in png to be opened by such graphic noobs like myself..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My Visual Project Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Nice job already.

lefthand wrote:

What I'd like to see is a blank version of your loadscreens, which only features generic layout in a color scheme, not featuring any side or country-specific art, in png form. Mods which add a 4th side can't use your current loadscreen family, because it's hard to replicate your style into the fourth side's loadscreens.

I know I'm the minority who use ACDSee, GIMP and Paint instead of Photoshop, however I ask it in png to be opened by such graphic noobs like myself..

If you could tell me what color you are using for this project, I could make your job easier.

But I should be able to release the newer loadscreens this day or tomorrow.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soviet LS.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Soviet LS.rar
 Filesize:  7.08 MB
 Downloaded:  279 Time(s)

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied LS.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Allied LS.rar
 Filesize:  7.45 MB
 Downloaded:  271 Time(s)

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri LS.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Yuri LS.rar
 Filesize:  7.76 MB
 Downloaded:  219 Time(s)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Allied screen has a really nice set of colours.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lefthand, you never fail to amaze me with your skill.

Will be using these in my project. Very Happy

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These look really good Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome!

Can I have a set in army green and another in dark grey, please?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sometimes wonder why you're not collaborating with Bolt #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could someone do me a favour and reupload/send me these with a version which have all layers in transparent PNGs?

GIMP went haywire when I opened one with it. And no, I don't have Photoshop, not any other program which can open layered PSDs.

allied1.png
 Description:
The power of GIMP is unbelievable. I just opened and hid some layers.
 Filesize:  521.84 KB
 Viewed:  10466 Time(s)

allied1.png

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Hahaha, the main reason why I switched to photoshop long ago XD.
The power of GIMP is unbelievable XD trust me, I've seen worse.

Anywho, cool stuff, Lefthand. Smile

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

Not sure why he'd need my help.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Awesome!

Can I have a set in army green and another in dark grey, please?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OHHHHHH... Shocked

Its soo.....amazing... Crying or Very sad

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My head popped.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All my thanks!

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lefthand wrote:
Deformat wrote:

Not sure why he'd need my help.

Sometimes I think you two have similar artwork styles.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
All my thanks!

You still need the PNGs for Yuri, Allies and Soviets, right? I don't know how you'll add countries into it but if you list the countries that you are using for your mod I am sure I can make a PNG for each country you'll need...as long as it isn't like 20 some countries.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just having one Allied loadscreen without a country is enough, thanks. ACDSee showed the Soviet and the Yuri PSD without any countries on them, so I have their PNGs. Also I realized I can export the countries from the PSDs, just the others are messed up badly.

To be honest I still haven't finished the country sorting, and I'd like to redraw some borders.

=======================

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All my thanks! Especially the blank green one. ACDSee's primitive recolor tools makes wonders with it. I have now a white one, a mauve one, a spare blue one for a fourthside if I decide to use those green PreRel Allied logos ... and I can make any colorscheme I'd like to within some minutes.

Thanks again for these awesome versions!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

I'd love to see you take a swing at a new GUI for the main YR screen. The ones on YR Argentina are often overused, and no one else has created one.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This combined Azri_Apoc's voxel packs would make RA2 look really nice.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For anyone getting sick of using some of the regular cameos, I decided to give modders some options.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't you have 'em textless?

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Don't you have 'em textless?

They'll be released in three different formats; with text, without text and the original PNG without color palette reduction. I figure the latter could be used if anyone wants to use the Ares feature.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a request just for people and myself included using the natasha shp could it be possible to do a ra3 natasha cameo in that style? I edited that shp infantry awhile ago since I don't use boris as a hero unit now

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SSTG wrote:
Just a request just for people and myself included using the natasha shp could it be possible to do a ra3 natasha cameo in that style? I edited that shp infantry awhile ago since I don't use boris as a hero unit now

Any other requests? I would like to do a cameo package of various standard and non-standard Soviet infantry. Try to keep the requests realistic though.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jaeger(European GI replacement )?..and maybe a rocketeer?

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm Diggin the Natasha ones, Good work as always Wink You could try a new Crazy Ivan Cameo

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I don't know how or why you'd want to replace every cameo considering it's unlikely you'll be able to find more suitable images, particularly for infantry, than the ones already in-game. A completely new style of cameo might make sense.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lefthand wrote:
SSTG wrote:

Any other requests? I would like to do a cameo package of various standard and non-standard Soviet infantry. Try to keep the requests realistic though.

Ah I like those I'll have to think on others theres a infantry I haven't gone and fixed up or released yet its technically boris with a flak cannon its being used as a mortar trooper at the moment

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Hmm, I don't know how or why you'd want to replace every cameo considering it's unlikely you'll be able to find more suitable images, particularly for infantry, than the ones already in-game. A completely new style of cameo might make sense.

My only objective is to change most of the infantry cameos and give modders a choice in how their infantry units look. I believe a majority of those who mod the game want to have a fresher appearance in their modifications for a game that has been around for more than 9 years. This is really the purpose of this project; to give casual modders a way to completely change how the game looks without much effort.

Granted, some infantry units look too unique to find anything similar to use (i.e. Iraqi desolator) but most of the infantry units can be made with a little photo manipulation and creativity. For example, the Boris cameo I made only required me to find a hairy, Russian man in a military uniform and then later add an AK-47 and hat.

Overall, infantry units are fairly easy to make as long as there is enough visual information available.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Jaeger(European GI replacement )?..and maybe a rocketeer?

In order for me to make the cameo for the Jaeger, I need to know what the infantry unit looks like in game.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cannot begin to explain how useful this is as a modder's resource. Hats to you ol' chap!

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this solely for soviets or can we have suggestions for allies etc?

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SSTG wrote:
Is this solely for soviets or can we have suggestions for allies etc?

The plan is to make one for all three sides. As long as there is an infantry unit for it, I will try to make a cameo to match it.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon