Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Osama Bin Laden is dead!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [98 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject:  Osama Bin Laden is dead! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Osama Bin Laden has been killed by american forces. Bout Time we got that bastard. YeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Citation needed?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You beat me to it, but...

I hope they made that bastard suffer. Smile

I also wish I could have enlisted in time to have done it myself.. Just saying.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I seriously doubt Osama would be killed like this. It'll be nice if he was really, but...I doubt it.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If he wasn't killed by a Joint Special Operations Attack force striking into the Capital of Pakistan with coordination and support from the CIA, how else would he have been killed?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dysentery would have been a good one.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Need I say more?

Lynn
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God I love the USA, and for the first time I was actually impressed by our President.

ztype with the best, Die like the rest!!!!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm impressed such an action was pulled off with success. The journey of a thousand miles isn't over however; there are still plenty of people who will step in and keep things going. We'll just have to frag them all.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Victory for the Righteous!

Congratulations humanity, congrats Americans. GG.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And nothing has changed. Except maybe some terrorist act will happen soon as "retaliation".

Even worse - they'll see him as "martyr", and use it to their advantage.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we have a few more than 1.

Steam

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or if we're talking about organisation authority figures, the terrorists have a lot fewer than 4000.

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad part is the 20,000 innocent Afghans killed in these years.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As they often say: "Pics or it didn't happen".
And there are no pics. The only picture that seems to be floating around in media is an obvious fake. The corpse was gotten rid of in less than 24h (excuse: Muslim tradition), on "the sea", where nobody can confirm.

Pics of this would definitely be macabre (see execution of Hussein), but at least they would provide some proof. There is no reason not to release them. I hope they get either released or leaked, otherwise I can't put too much faith into this.

Still, if it did happen, great job!

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so does this mean America is gonna invade Pakistan now?
oh and i agree with pd.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know how the murder of someone can be celebrated, rather seen as 'necessary business'.

The zeal in this thread makes me vomit.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
so does this mean America is gonna invade Pakistan now?
oh and i agree with pd.

I wouldn't consider it an "invasion." Confused U.S. troops have been in Pakistan for some time now.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOOHOO!! America finally killed that sonofabitch, along with hundreds of innocent Iraqis in a span of 8 goddamn years :V

I see no reason to be happy about this Confused Sure the bastard who gave Muslims a bad reputation is finally done for. But what about the afore mentioned civilian casualties? That monkey named Bush still got away scot free after making Iraq a living hell for 8 freakin' years. Who's gonna pay for that?

Since Al-Qaeda is done for now, I expect to see no more bastardization of Muslims being terrorists. Just hope that Al-Qaeda doesn't have an Anton Slavic equivalent...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's disappointing he never got a fair trial, but I'd imagine it would be difficult to find an unbiased jury.
I find it ironic that so many people are celebrating the death of someone opposed to Western ideals when not caring about a fair trial is standing against one of the cornerstones of the modern Western world. Innocent until proven guilty, anyone?

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We got the ztyper! One little problem though. Increase in terrorist attacks on the US. A lot of good and even more bad.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
It's disappointing he never got a fair trial, but I'd imagine it would be difficult to find an unbiased jury.
I find it ironic that so many people are celebrating the death of someone opposed to Western ideals when not caring about a fair trial is standing against one of the cornerstones of the modern Western world. Innocent until proven guilty, anyone?

Well, honestly I don't know much about how exactly he was captured, but IIRC it involved quite some shooting around. Hard to not kill the guy you want to capture, and it should be obvious he had his bodyguards that wouldn't just hand him out.

Don't get me wrong, I support your point and don't condone murder by the moral world saving superheroes the US claim to be...

Innocent until proven guilty - well, Bin Laden at least admitted he was behind 9/11, and I doubt that was a setup. Of course, that doesn't prove it was him behind it, but apparently he did like to take responsibility for it and be celebrated by his folks. He had that coming.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we killed him and he won. Why not put in a jail and be tutored some years but nope he got killed and can live with God or what they believe on.

He make so much pain but he got away from all the pain in under 1 sec when the bullet hit him in the head.

And this looks even like what he did to USA. We are the same people. He killed some people and he got killed for that but no jail. We did the same at there land. Tutored people, killed civilians and such. USA is the same.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Osama may have escaped here but trust me, the afterlife is much more worse than jail. With all the shit he has done to everyone including Muslims (Obama outright called him a mass-murder of Muslims since he did killed Muslims in cold blood), he isn't going to heaven any sooner. Sorry Anderwin, we Muslims also believe in the existence of hell. Now what about this guy:

I still believe he's wanted for fucking up Iraq, making the Iraqis suffer for 8 years and turning countless American soldiers into homicidal maniacs (not all but some soldiers ended up becoming this. And what they did to powerless Iraqi families was just outright gruesome, barbaric and psychotic).

Other than that monkey of an asshole, we'll just have to deal with the Al-Qaeda remnants and also the numerous anti-Muslim neo-nazis, especially the bunch of turds who call themselves the European Defense League.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 more years for Obama!

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter wrote:
Osama may have escaped here but trust me, the afterlife is much more worse than jail. With all the shit he has done to everyone including Muslims (Obama outright called him a mass-murder of Muslims since he did killed Muslims in cold blood), he isn't going to heaven any sooner. Sorry Anderwin, we Muslims also believe in the existence of hell. Now what about this guy:

I still believe he's wanted for fucking up Iraq, making the Iraqis suffer for 8 years and turning countless American soldiers into homicidal maniacs (not all but some soldiers ended up becoming this. And what they did to powerless Iraqi families was just outright gruesome, barbaric and psychotic).

Other than that monkey of an asshole, we'll just have to deal with the Al-Qaeda remnants and also the numerous anti-Muslim neo-nazis, especially the bunch of turds who call themselves the European Defense League.

indeed Bush was a murderer. He should be prosecuted.

Anyway, if this is not bullshit(its really hard to trust the US goverment say these days, everything that comes out of their mouths is rubbish), then congratulations!!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

Wonder who the next great 'terror' organisation will be.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems unlikely we'll see another terror organization anytime soon. If any, hope the face of the new terror organization isn't a bald man with a goatee who teaches a twisted version of Christianity and has a fetish for crystals...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's always terrorism. Basically any group who has the balls to attack an established super power.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those established super powers (one of which is greatly out of money, kekekekke) are terror organizations by themselves.
There shouldn't be any super powers.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My point, mostly.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
I wouldn't consider it an "invasion." Confused U.S. troops have been in Pakistan for some time now.

you got a point there.
i hope that they would leave now but if they are trying to pick a fight, then i better get my AK47 ready #Tongue

btw i found this on facebook #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
There's always terrorism. Basically any group who has the balls to attack an established super power.

This.

I really doubt it the american version. I just think, that they already knew where he was, and only needed a reason to kill him. May it be some political problems or any other crisis - or something connected to terrorism.
When I read such things, I always remember CABAL saying 'the one who controls the media controls the mind' (or something like that), to speak, since the USA has a better control over the media, they are abel to spread propaganda, and even if they would be the terror organisation in the first place, they would be able to convince the western world about the ENEMY being the terrorist (Iraque anyone?)

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my opinion, Osama bin Laden's importance was massively overrated. The only effect it may have is that terrorism will increase.

The USA won't drop their enemy stereotype of the Islamistic Terrorist that fast (after all establishing it did have its cost (11. September) and it is needed to fill the gap opened by the collapse of the Soviet Union). Quantitative economic growth is impossible without constant wars, so an enemy is needed.

Ordosherrscher wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

This.

I really doubt it the american version. I just think, that they already knew where he was, and only needed a reason to kill him. May it be some political problems or any other crisis - or something connected to terrorism.
When I read such things, I always remember CABAL saying 'the one who controls the media controls the mind' (or something like that), to speak, since the USA has a better control over the media, they are abel to spread propaganda, and even if they would be the terror organisation in the first place, they would be able to convince the western world about the ENEMY being the terrorist (Iraque anyone?)

Most likely he was just killed to show that progress has been made in the battle against terrorism (And as Osama is a rather infamous terrorists, killing him has some impact on the public). Osama Bin Laden himself wasn't actually dangerous.

Probably a new big terrorist leader will appear to replace him soon. And btw. its not the USA that has control over the media but rather the economic elite.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bin Laden's dead wont have much effect on Al-Qaeda, but for the American people this will be one hell a psychological boost. And that will imo keep Obama in the white house.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not read trough most posts in this thread, but I do find it funny to see all Americans so happy now that the most-wanted terrorist is dead. I hate to bring in Godwin's law, but I see similarities between the celebrations when Hitler was dead, and the death of Osama. However, the death of Osama isn't the same as the death of Hitler: compared to the Nazis, the terrorists stay. I can even bet that they will increase the actions now. That, and the "USA! USA! AMERICA IS THE BEST!"-spam I noticed makes me facepalm as well.
I'm with Omega on this one.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wess wrote:
Bin Laden's dead wont have much effect on Al-Qaeda, but for the American people this will be one hell a psychological boost. And that will imo keep Obama in the white house.

That
although personally i think that earlier events gave him a damn good chance to stay in the white house anyways. Pretty sure the republicans hurt their chances by getting a large number in congress during the midterms and then the whole Government freeze fear that happened not too long ago most likely killed their chances at a mostly republican ran Congress and presidency.
My guess now, congress will be split fairly well and Obama will win re-election now that this has happened. but we'll see.

Oh and i'll state it here...i think we've had Osama Bin Laden for awhile now and have just been Weekend at Bernie-ing his body to keep the fear alive. lul
@ IMP, go figure it's fox. Which means that probably wasn't accidental but an attempt to jab at the president.

Lynn
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whether it is true or not, I believe that the moral boost that this news provided was greatly needed in America. Lately, there hasn't been a whole lot to celebrate about, and after ten years, many people have forgotten about why we even entered this war.
Though I'm not 100% sure as to why we entered Iraq, I support the American troops where ever they are called. As for Obama, I was impressed with his speech, but this was not his victory, and he still will not get my vote next year.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Ixith, ya you're probably right but the friend who showed it to me said that it wasn't just Fox but others as well

btw this is interesting and the guy has a point too
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi2Mphoaaos&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so who gets all these millions?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lie after lie after lie after lie.

DavyCrockett
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lynn wrote:
Though I'm not 100% sure as to why we entered Iraq, I support the American troops where ever they are called.

So you basically support the senseless slaughter of humans for a purpose you don't even know ? Confused

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a quick & clean SEAL mission blitzing OBL's heavily guarded mansion. If you're doing high risk operation like that you don't exactly have time to think about fairness or pondering matters of the universe, you take the shots and move.

Hesitation means you're dead. Then you're buddies die saving you, and then the bad guy gets away praising allah till the sequel comes out.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heavily guarded? Only four people were killed and one of them was a woman used as a human shield. 26 people went in there to get him and they shot him in the head. If you want to get a man out alive, you don't aim for their head. They had no intention of giving him a fair trial, which is unfortunate.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lynn wrote:
Though I'm not 100% sure as to why we entered Iraq, I support the American troops where ever they are called.
That's the kind of moronic behaviour that allows shit like this to continue. It's also why the United States is the most dangerous country in the world.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have my doubts, and if it said to be true, then i think this would be the start of something worse...

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:

i hope that they would leave now but if they are trying to pick a fight, then i better get my AK47 ready #Tongue

No, the U.S. is working with Pakistan to fight the insurgency, last I heard, so I doubt we want to start something with you.

And if the U.S. is.. Well, I'm enlisting soon enough. That would make PPM awkward... Real fast.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
They had no intention of giving him a fair trial, which is unfortunate.

Do you really believe that he would have gotten a fair trial anywhere?

Steam

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon