Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Twilight Flame
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [93 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
This is a pretty damn good map so far. Always loved Hogo's style.

*Much Love for M7* Very Happy
Thanks all I will have a new update later, I did a sneak one last night added to the top post, only some texturing though.

Tech Buildings, Suggestions and where abouts?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: TF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks pretty good

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay New Update:

The top 4 positions are finished, Feedback? any alterations people would like? Replace tech buildings with something else?
Just let me know.
The bottom is going to be hopefully a close mirror to the top Smile

WORK BEGINS At Some Point LOL

Current Progress

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking great so far, cant wait till it's done, cause I'm so playing this map Razz

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The layout and cliff-work has came out really nicely so far, you did a good job on catching the concept, so well done. You're LAT work on the other hand leaves something to be desired. It's clear that rather than patiently placing some nice details on the map, you're just using the 2x2 LAT tool and randomly placing different LAT types everywhere. Try to be more variable, I'd even use the standard sand LAT mostly around the bases with random patches of grass and then I'd use the rocky LAT type around cliffs and rock overlays. Don't forget to use trees too, they can make a map look much more lively.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:
Looking great so far, cant wait till it's done, cause I'm so playing this map Razz

THIS MOTIVATES ME Very Happy

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
The layout and cliff-work has came out really nicely so far, you did a good job on catching the concept, so well done. You're LAT work on the other hand leaves something to be desired. It's clear that rather than patiently placing some nice details on the map, you're just using the 2x2 LAT tool and randomly placing different LAT types everywhere. Try to be more variable, I'd even use the standard sand LAT mostly around the bases with random patches of grass and then I'd use the rocky LAT type around cliffs and rock overlays. Don't forget to use trees too, they can make a map look much more lively.

Thanks I do hate Texturing ;p
I will adds some trees too Wink

But I will try to vary it a little

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's coming along nicely!

banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, amazing map!! '0'
What do you use to screen it?

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that? Pity, I thought there could be another program that might support TX. Sad

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hogo wrote:
Shame I can't copy and paste the other side and rotate it lol!"

FA2 has a copy/paste function, I think you can just crop and flip your image, then c/p it.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cranium wrote:

FA2 has a copy/paste function, I think you can just crop and flip your image, then c/p it.

FA2 C/P function or map editing in general does not work that way. You can either copy the entire map (it copies terrain tile data only) or selected area (again, only terrain tiles are copied). Pasting just obviously pastes the area to the map, if you choose the 'Paste' option, it let's you choose where you place it. 'Paste Centered' just places it automatically, with the center of the pasted area aligning with the center of map just as the name of option would say.

Even if you had decent way to import image into a map, which you don't, as that bitmap-to-new-map function just plain out sucks. Just flipping the map image obviously wouldn't give desired results, which is well obvious if you try it yourselves.

Last edited by Starkku on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banderi wrote:
Oh, that? Pity, I thought there could be another program that might support TX. Sad

Rename the TX Mix to expand06 changed from expandmd06 and the TX will be read.
thank Starkku for that information Very Happy

banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hogo wrote:
banderi wrote:

Rename the TX Mix to expand06 changed from expandmd06 and the TX will be read.
thank Starkku for that information Very Happy

Thank you very much! Very Happy

Last edited by banderi on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarification:

1: I did not make C&C Map Renderer tool. It was made by a guy who uses nick 'zzattack' here on PPM.

2. The reason for above trick to make TX work with the renderer tool is because C&C Map Renderer does not read expand mixes with the 'md' suffix at all due to coding error. It reads ones without the said suffix just fine though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, sorry. I confused the names XP

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who thinks I should copy what I have currently and turn it into a 2v2 left vs right? I will obviously continue the original plan as well though Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think.

I'm interested what else can you bring out from this map. You already cared much about it, it's time for it to fruit.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I think.

I'm interested what else can you bring out from this map. You already cared much about it, it's time for it to fruit.

I decided a 2Vs" Would give me something to do so here it is Twilight Spark
http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=425183#425183

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally find it dull in the way of detail... Can you add some civilian buildings or something else to it? I know its symmetrical but.... hell. Change the lighting up at least?

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
I personally find it dull in the way of detail... Can you add some civilian buildings or something else to it? I know its symmetrical but.... hell. Change the lighting up at least?
You do realise that this is a leas than half way work in progess don't you? And the lighting has been adjusted

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My 3 cents:

1. You should really add variety to the terrain, by using slopes (hills and ditches, not just the ramps. I see a few "craters" but that's it.), rocks and trees, not just random LAT everywhere.
2. If it's a deserted area, I don't think grass should be as dominant as it is now. Think of where you put each LAT type, don't just throw them around for pretty looks.
3. What's with the pavement here and there? No buildings in sight or anything. Just pavement.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: TF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, i disagree. The map is fine the way it is. The only place you can add hills are areas away from the base spots. I've seen way to many crap maps where its all hilly, especially by the bases and it cuts off building. Some maps place the starting points way too close to the edge. And on these maps even a crappy AI is tough. This map is a decent size for 4 players. The current mod has no AI so I can't be sure how this map will play out in the end.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Crimsonum.

banderi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As for the grass and pavements, I agree, maybe they're a little too much like a random-thing.. But instead of remove them, you could bring them off a bit or just add something like trees or smudges, just to vary, IMVHO Smile

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: TF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why remove them? The map could represent a place where there used to be a small city that was either destroyed or abandoned. Nothing of the city remains but bits of foundations. With the foot/vehicle traffic gone some of the grass is growing back. With it being a desert setting it wouldn't be an extensive amount of grass, but it could survive.

Hogo, if you plan to change it like suggested, do me a favor and send me a copy of the map before you do so. I like it the way it is. I might add a few things, but if I decide to use your map you will get 90% of the credit for it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
Why remove them? The map could represent a place where there used to be a small city that was either destroyed or abandoned. Nothing of the city remains but bits of foundations. With the foot/vehicle traffic gone some of the grass is growing back. With it being a desert setting it wouldn't be an extensive amount of grass, but it could survive.
If that was the case then there would be ruined buildings... unless demolished buildings last a very long time, plus there'd also be tracks or remainders of roads. The grass would probably not survive too well considering the river has dried up.

Saying that adding some suitable garrisonable damaged structures might be nice. An abandoned town could make some sense (they abandoned it because the river dried up).

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: abcd Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well you can't see whats left of the buildings because of the sand storm.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I do realise its half done, duh. I mean that the map is just going to end up being unremarkable in terms of terrain even when finished. It needs some variety and beautification.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try and add some damaged buildings but if you noticed in all my maps I LOVE BUILD SPACE Very Happy

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: tf Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

before you do, can you send the map to me, like i said u will get 90-95%% of the credit if I decide to modify the map

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not released the map until its completely finished, Sorry.

Kcirevam
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buildings in the desert, wow, what an idea, especially that they are damaged.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: TF Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what are you wowing about? thats not a new concept. There are buildings in the desert.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I am moving into University soon but I will have some nights most likely where either I can't sleep or I am drunk and looking for some enjoyment.

So who actually wants me to finish this map?

I MAY also start some new ones if anyone else is also interested Wink
Let me know

Hogo

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I will have some nights most likely where either I can't sleep or I am drunk and looking for some enjoyment.

> Insomnia > Play C&C
> Drunk > Play C&C

Huh. #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finish this! Fix up the odd lat work and complete the layout.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Finish this!

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finish it.

Or die.

Problem?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd like you to finish it.....its one of the few times I actually player made maps

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the others said. #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wasn't expecting that many responses aha, Seems like I will be finishing this when I am settled at University then Smile

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon