Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ground unit montage
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject:  Ground unit montage Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are a visual representation of the unit list used in D-day & a quick way to see all the standard units.

Each row is a unit class (medium tank, artillery, etc) & the columns are different time frames (pre-war, late-war, etc), see the unit list for more information.

America

Great Britain

France

Soviet Union

Germany

Italy

Japan

Last edited by Mig Eater on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool. I always wondered why the germans had that strange camo pattern on their units, did they really switch from the dull, gray outfit (as they are often depicted) to this somewhere during the war?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Germans used many different camouflage schemes during the war, the one I've used is know as "ambush camouflage" & was introduced in the summer of 1943, before that I stuck with the normal grey you see in most games.

panzer_iv.jpg
 Description:
Some good examples of late war camo
 Filesize:  109.99 KB
 Viewed:  29189 Time(s)

panzer_iv.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow all that voxels look really impressive!!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
The Germans used many different camouflage schemes during the war, the one I've used is know as "ambush camouflage" & was introduced in the summer of 1943, before that I stuck with the normal grey you see in most games.

I hope you don't mind if I take that image as for inspiration for my own mod? #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, the specific base colours I use are 117, 122 & 109 if that helps.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Sure, the specific base colours I use are 117, 122 & 109 if that helps.

It's my Generals mod so those values won't help, but still thanks.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy, new Revenant camo? #Tongue

Also, I love the American Jeep. However, this leaves me curious. Please tell me the P-39 Airacobra will be an American unit :S

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I added the P-39 long ago... so long that it could probably do with a remake tho.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured it would be, but I was wondering if it was an American or a Russian unit... Or both. The Americans did give/sell the Russians several P-39's to fight the Germans.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw, I don't see many T-series in the US heavy and med selection.
T20/T23 meds, T29-T34 heavies. Excellent selection nonetheless, though a little large.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The T20 & T29 are on my too list (I have already made a template for the T29E3), as well as a bunch of other american prototypes (T14, T31, T42, T69 ,T92, T95, T110, TV-1 & TV-8 ).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
Dutchy, new Revenant camo? #Tongue

Shh, don't tell it further #Tongue I've been getting some complaints about the current one. Sorry to go off-topic Miggy.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, MiG.

Any VK series in planning? #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've already made a lot of them, the VK4502(P) comes to mind tho.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, I was actually thinking 3001H, 3601H, 1602, 2801 #Tongue
/wotwithdrawal

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already made the VK3001(H), the VK3601(H) & VK1602 are on my todo list but I don't have any plans for the VK2801.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon