Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Heavy Gunner
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Which one of the heavy gunners looks the best? Note that this would be a Forgotten unit.
Remapped helmet
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Brown helmet
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
No helmet
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject:  Heavy Gunner Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Red remap:

Skyblue remap, 2x zoom:

Blue remap, 2x zoom:

Just working on something small that might end up in the mod. Which one of these looks the best, helmet A (remapped), helmet B (brown) or no helmet? Note that this unit would be a Forgotten unit, so the no helmet version might give off a low tech feeling that the mutants have. If it was a GDI or Nod unit I would definitely go with either one of the helmet versions.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skyblue is GORGEOUS. I love this. Handmade or 3d -> shp??

3ds Topic
Clicky

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

brown helmet fits with the armor, and no helmet is like american football player with gun but without helmet, but i like it too. maybe thinner shoulder protector can make no helmet version fits

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want a side-scroller with the skyblue and blue 2x version (:

p.s. my fav is remap helmet

3ds Topic
Clicky

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sky-blue reminds me of the Doom marine for some reason #Tongue

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs smaller shoulders.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't it gray, not brown tho?...
I like the middle one.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the brown helmet in-game, release the 2 others as public assets. That's my suggestion. #Tongue

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palkia323 wrote:
Skyblue is GORGEOUS. I love this. Handmade or 3d -> shp??

It's edited from this Razz

Suiseiseki wrote:
Needs smaller shoulders.

I was thinking of the Fallout Brotherhood of Steel armor when creating this guy. That's where I got the idea to have a no helmet version too.

Also I worry that if the armor size is reduced, it will appear more as a shirt than an armor. Would need to rethink the remap to better pronounce it's an armor.

Alex06 wrote:
Use the brown helmet in-game, release the 2 others as public assets. That's my suggestion. #Tongue

Well thing is, I asked which version of these is the best cause I've only done the standing frames for them all. Based on the opinions I would go and finish one of them. Though if I did eg. the no helmet one, adding a helmet to all the frames wouldn't be THAT much work, but still some. I'm still not sure I'll add this as a unit to the mod, so I might just release it as a public when I get it finished.

Here's an updated ingame shot of no helmet version standing frames:

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a male Umagon

3ds Topic
Clicky

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks really nice.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look the edited version, and want to change the vote to no-helmet version :p

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh based on Brotherhood power armoured soldiers, nice. I like the one with the helmet un-remapped.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the helmet on it looks very Cyborgy, with it off I'm not too sure if I like it, regardless though it does look very good!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Always go for the look which most easily distinguishes different elements - head, torso, arms, legs, weapon, etc.

So either of the two without the remap helmet, imo.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After testing the unit with just standing frames the helmet versions looked a bit too generic ingame. The brown helmet also got mixed up with the background colors. Also, the helmet versions didn't look very fitting for a Forgotten unit. So I created all the remaining frames for the non-helmet version. Adding the helmet shouldn't be too much work if anyone wanted it. Here are previews without zoom and with 2x zoom.

Note that I haven't finished the arms yet, I am planning on making them skin color like in the ingame screenshot I posted earlier. I think it makes the unit look more Forgotteny and unique compared to GDI and Nod infantry. I'll keep a version with the metal sleeves too if anyone preferred that, though in some of the frames I think it looks bit messy. Might look better if I finish the skin color arms first and then just convert them to soviet cscheme.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
After testing the unit with just standing frames the helmet versions looked a bit too generic ingame. The brown helmet also got mixed up with the background colors. Also, the helmet versions didn't look very fitting for a Forgotten unit. So I created all the remaining frames for the non-helmet version. Adding the helmet shouldn't be too much work if anyone wanted it. Here are previews without zoom and with 2x zoom.

Note that I haven't finished the arms yet, I am planning on making them skin color like in the ingame screenshot I posted earlier. I think it makes the unit look more Forgotteny and unique compared to GDI and Nod infantry. I'll keep a version with the metal sleeves too if anyone preferred that, though in some of the frames I think it looks bit messy. Might look better if I finish the skin color arms first and then just convert them to soviet cscheme.

Release the version with the metal sleeves to public, that's my suggestion. #Tongue

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is his hair blue? Is that what SHP does to gifs?

3ds Topic
Clicky

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palkia323 wrote:
Why is his hair blue? Is that what SHP does to gifs?

Gifs have a 256 color palette so the conversion changes the colors more or less. He has dark hair as seen in the earlier ingame screenshot.

EDIT: What palette does shp builder use for the saved gifs? Would be handy if it could be chosen from the TS / RA2 palette list to avoid these color changes. Though this discussion should go in the SHP Builder forum.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shoulders are perfect imo. Keep it up SJ

3ds Topic
Clicky

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon