Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Tiberium Types in TSTW! Must see!
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject:  New Tiberium Types in TSTW! Must see! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSTW will have a nice amount of new tiberium types that will appear in TSTW maps but also in standard TS maps (if everything goes as planned).

Anyway, let the screens speak for themselves...

cruentus-big.jpg
 Description:
On this pic you can see two Tiberium Cruentus plants. This type of tiberium has no harvestable forms, just large plants like shown here.
 Filesize:  320.58 KB
 Viewed:  44856 Time(s)

cruentus-big.jpg

aboreus-big.jpg
 Description:
This is a big Tiberium Aboreus plant.
Tiberium Aboreus is a new Tiberium Type that you'll find only in TSTW and (i think) TSR. However in different forms.
 Filesize:  202.03 KB
 Viewed:  43522 Time(s)

aboreus-big.jpg

riparius-big.jpg
 Description:
Large Tiberium Riparius Crystal
 Filesize:  244.73 KB
 Viewed:  43475 Time(s)

riparius-big.jpg

Last edited by The DvD on Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good though some I think need a better transition from ground to plant/crystal.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More screens will hopely follow soon. Just as a note, Snow maps will have more Tiberium types as well.

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah Hellfire i'm still tweaking on that maybe i'll post an update later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Yeah Hellfire i'm still tweaking on that maybe i'll post an update later.

looks very good Smile

it's better to see that than new vxl

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, could look better with shadows

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my gosh.. lol i like the tree on the first pic.. hehe... makes me feel like theres actually aliens in the game....

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
nice, could look better with shadows

Yeah i've already added shadows to most but not to the last one, as it seems to emit light..

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, these are really impressive. Are they based on the concept art I found?
Its nice to see something good coming from it Smile
All I can say is.. I want it, and I want it now! Sad

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes they're based on the concept art... agains thanks for finding it..Smile

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cooooooooooooooollll!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Thats an ART! Shocked Cool I really hope thos will be in the new version of Retro. Actually the blue riparius could be the new red or blue Tiberium maker. Really Great! 11/10 Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The orange flowers (the ones that were blue normally look funny. Laughing Very Happy

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex05 wrote:
Cooooooooooooooollll!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Thats an ART! Shocked Cool I really hope thos will be in the new version of Retro. Actually the blue riparius could be the new red or blue Tiberium maker. Really Great! 11/10 Very Happy

You like Jack Martin's concept art? So do I.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would just like to say, the Green Large Tiberium Riparius Crystal, the colouring doesn't fit in with the rest of the green tiberium.. it appears a little too pale, so perhaps if you can darken it, and make it a stronger shade of green? Then again, even that may not look right Laughing

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Muldrake, i know, but... it's a problem with TS itself really. The pallette the game uses to draw these plants, doesn't have that many shades of green..so i need to light it up with some lightposts on the map. It works well, i've achieved better results now than what you can see on the first pic.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an example of the green crystal which not only has been edited to make it connect better to the ground, but also with added special lighing.

newripariusbig.jpg
 Description:
Looks better now??
 Filesize:  235.68 KB
 Viewed:  43317 Time(s)

newripariusbig.jpg

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, sweeeetness, i love the way it glows Very Happy

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes, I agree

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VERY sweet

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

colours are better, but you need some shadows also...

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks better, but I still think it needs better transition from ground to plant, it looks like it's just sitting there on top of the ground.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, glowing means: no shadow...

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugh..... its too green makes me wanna puke... (i hate bright green)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it... seriously..

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Transition it should look like it came out of the ground.

All hail me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellfire wrote:
Transition it should look like it came out of the ground.

i agree, you should find a way to make it looks " from the ground"

and i agree with joe too Smile, should be a little darker, just a little, not much

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm yeah, the problem is, it should be on the green tiberium terrain, and the texture of that green tiberium terrain is different all the time so it's hard to make a fitting transition for it.

E.I.G.
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why isn' there harvestable forms of Tiberium Cruentus, can't you make it harvestable?

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, however Aboreus is harvestable . Cruentus are just plants/cristals..

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make cruentus destoyable and make the debris spawn your new tiberium type.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whee...Exploding Cruentus..Imagine harvesting it and detonating the Harvestor... =o

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big Jah wrote:
You can make cruentus destoyable and make the debris spawn your new tiberium type.
Problem though. the Cruentus,needs to be a building(not a terrain object,like Fauna)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BIG!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Big Jah wrote:
Problem though. the Cruentus,needs to be a building(not a terrain object,like Fauna)

really? i didnt think so...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For mutants like barracks?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't the Tiberian Fiends on the pic dig themselves in?
You should make the Civilian house Green btw, so the fiends and visceroids look green. Then they would look way better IMO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon