Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Marder IFV
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject:  Marder IFV
Subject description: public w3d
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One German Marder IFV public w3d model.

Notes:
-high poly 750-800 (still within generals range though)
-comes with draw code
-normal + damaged model + textures
-small: the model is made using generals engine scale, this means you'll have to add " Scale = 1.2" to the units code in generals for more generals styled scale.

Constructive Critisism is welcome, other critisism not, for it is useless.

MARDER_IFV_Promotional.png
 Description:
Marder IFV preview
 Filesize:  512.39 KB
 Viewed:  8961 Time(s)

MARDER_IFV_Promotional.png

MarderIFV.zip
 Description:
A rar with the files, to open use winrar or similar.

Download
 Filename:  MarderIFV.zip
 Filesize:  863.47 KB
 Downloaded:  254 Time(s)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hard too see where you spend all those polies on Confused From the looks of it I could remake it with about half the amount of polies and it would still look the same.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count about 16 wheels, then a 175 poly hull, and yes i know i'm not poly efficient. I was happy enough with getting to learn texturing by myself.
This means that i actually used polys for where i could have used texture, like on the hatches, wheels, holes in the side armor.

I'm getting better, see the abrams, it has around fourhundrend polys.

The problem for me really is that i can't help but having to put more detail in it. 2 years ago i used to make miniture cars (scale 1 to 160) which had loose wheels and opening doors, that's a 2,5 cm car from paper with opening doors a steering wheel, and wheels. I can't help but adding detail :S

But I'll see if i can make it less poly efficient.

Two question though:
-do you know how to get a transparent texture? been messing with it for idunno 5 hours? and still can't get it to work.
-any idea how the thread texture can get to move?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replace the tracks with a block to save a massive amount of polies. Besides, the wheels won't be usable ingame anyway, as the engine isn't build for that (nor are the TW and RA3 engines).

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
(nor are the TW and RA3 engines).

Not true (at least on the C&C3 front, I couldn't care less about RA3).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:
(nor are the TW and RA3 engines).

Not true (at least on the C&C3 front, I couldn't care less about RA3).

I always assumed all TW vehicles that use tracks have solid tracks, as in blocks. The only game I can quickly think of that has actual moving wheels in the tracks is Company of Heroes.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then you've clearly not seen Shockwave. I'm 99 percent sure they have moving tracks and all that funky jazz.

Steam

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Then you've clearly not seen Shockwave. I'm 99 percent sure they have moving tracks and all that funky jazz.

Moving tracks as in: a block with an animated texture, which is coded into the game to animate when the vehicle moves. That is how all tracked vehicles in Generals do this. The only other option are turning wheels, as seen on the Humvee or SCUD Launcher.
What I meant is having AND an track that animates when the vehicle moves AND turning wheels inside the tracks, as Company of Heroes has in example. As I mentioned before, normally Generals' tracks are blocks with an animated texture, and not both animated tracks and turning wheels. The engine simply doesn't support it, and I'm almost 100% sure that TW and RA3 don't support that either. The reason for that is simple: it saves a hell lot of polies. Having a block with an animated texture, or having both the tracks and all the seperate wheels, which need to turn as well.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Dutchy is trying to describe is a working suspension for the vehicles. CNC-3 and RA3 allow articulated bodies but that's the best you'll get.

If you want a functioning suspension, World in Conflict and Company of Heroes feature it (WiC's implementation better compared to CoH's, which is much too springy and makes vehicles seem too tall)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
What Dutchy is trying to describe is a working suspension for the vehicles. CNC-3 and RA3 allow articulated bodies but that's the best you'll get.

If you want a functioning suspension, World in Conflict and Company of Heroes feature it (WiC's implementation better compared to CoH's, which is much too springy and makes vehicles seem too tall)

I blame my lack of certain English terms for that. Thanks for explaining what I meant Wink

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just heard a good idea: deforming blocks.

And well yes it might be better using blocks than wheels.

There's one ZH mod doing it different however, which is Cold War Crises, although it's still technically blocks, but with flat wheels attached to the side.

Ya know the reason i actually tried this is the rotten suspension on tracks in ZH, wheels do a lot better, but I'll find something different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!