Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
NEW PATRIOT MISSILE DEFENSE TURRET!!!!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject:  NEW PATRIOT MISSILE DEFENSE TURRET!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here what i worked from

american%20-%20missile%20battery.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.42 KB
 Viewed:  16667 Time(s)

american%20-%20missile%20battery.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres a 8 faced animated of the turret

patrio.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.9 KB
 Viewed:  16666 Time(s)

patrio.gif

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres an upclose image

patriot.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.78 KB
 Viewed:  16661 Time(s)

patriot.gif

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyways... any comments please?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woah cool... but i think it's missing something.. maybe it needs a bit more detail or textures.....

anyway, when youre done with it, tell me where i can download it Smile

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

literally ownz!!!!! that's excelent Very Happy.

Anyway, as soon as you finish it, you can post here in the SHP forum, unless you gonna use that in Red Generals Wink.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, would look better with more angles on the turret though (like more than 8 frames)

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i put 8 cuz i got too lazy to make 32 faces

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's good but lets see it when it's converted to the game coloures

Weeble
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deja vu!!
u posted that on sleipnirs forum #Tongue

hehe, and yeah, its really good

The new modification for Yuri's Revenge from Weeble

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks sweet!

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some people suggested a better base... welll i added some stuff... do u like the pipe or do u think i should delete it?

newbase.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.15 KB
 Viewed:  16627 Time(s)

newbase.jpg

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try and make it alot more like the concept art base where it kinda comes up into the base at a curve kinda..
--|__|
_/___\_

Bla, thats a horrible drawing but i think you get what i mean?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

Last edited by TerroR on Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i tried doing that but the base was too large... well it took too much area so the launcher would look so damn tiny

base.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.48 KB
 Viewed:  16615 Time(s)

base.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

remember... you can resize it Wink. And it's very easy to resize stuff on max...

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u cant resize much in RA2 i mean... its either 1x1 or 2x2... 1x1 is too small 2x2 is too big

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2x2 is fine, Nod Obelisk is 2x2

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that looks sweet Wink though maybe you should have the tips of the missiles sticking out of the launcher and have two poles holding it up instead of one. also, most of the defense buildings use voxels for the turret, so yuoll need to make a voxel if you want it to aim properly (i think so, anyway)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

screw voxel... heres another version of it... i think this looks the best

niceness.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  341.75 KB
 Viewed:  16594 Time(s)

niceness.gif

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweeettttt!!!!!! Surprised I want one! I wonder if my local army surpluss store would have one? Laughing Any way I think there is nothing wrond with it having to take up a two by two ares. Just make it as powerfull as it looks. Twisted Evil

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well my store sells them for about a million bucks... state of the art aiming system and tatical nuclear warheads... half a million for each missile a piece. get them while they last!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh... My... GOD!!!!!!! IT TOTALLY OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it looks better than the one in generals and the concept one

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah.. would u be so nice to tell us where we could download it??

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just save picture and open it in jask but that would be stealing without asking. Joe where did you get the textures from?

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i got the textures from generals... edited them a bit... (EA does a sloppy job on the skins... ) and yea... should i release it as a w3d file or a shp file or both? also i need to see if its going to be used in red generals or not.. if it is used in red generals... you can expect to see it there and not floating around the internet

Last edited by Joe on Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooopps forgot to post in the post before. heres nice render of the patriot missile shooting... it took like 3 hours too render... i think i use too many particles

patriotmissiledefense2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.52 KB
 Viewed:  16564 Time(s)

patriotmissiledefense2.jpg

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMFG. Your a pro Joe, nice work here Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

release as both, Joe... you are really a pro imo Smile.

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy sh!t...

that is frickin' awesome!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks.. ahhh im blinded by my own home made optical mouse

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that ownz! all it really needz is the missile tips sticking out of the launch tubes a little. i will definately use that in my mod if you let me! maybe a firing anim where the doors open when it shoots, but thats just opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll say this if you can resize to fit TS then u must release it.

All hail me

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this would make a perfect addition to Red Generals, unless America already have there own unique looking AA defence (im not familiar with generals)

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have a patriot missle already yes, aalthough nowhere near as nice looking I think it would just out do the rest of our shp's. I think this may be fine for general release.

All hail me

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

on the suggestion of many people on various forums, i have been told to make missiles stick out of the patriot... how does this look?

!missile4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  190.58 KB
 Viewed:  16513 Time(s)

!missile4.jpg

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AWESOME

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeap... please convert to shp and let us use it Smile

oops.. sounding demanding... oh i mean would you be so nice and release the SHP version?? (suck up)...

Smile

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bleh... turning to shp is soo much trouble.... i could make bmp files of it but som1 has to turn to shp

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you could just make it into a series of .pcx files labled 'patriot 000(1-*[frames]) oh, and BTW, PERFECT! could i please use it in my mod?

bullethead
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joe wrote:
bleh... turning to shp is soo much trouble.... i could make bmp files of it but som1 has to turn to shp
I could make it shp for ya if its a 3ds max file

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he usually exports to many bmp's it seems.

All hail me

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks awesome, i know its a ton of work (which is prob. y u didnt do it) but itd look cooler if the front doors shut when its not moving, and opened right before it fired.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well then it might miss its chance to hit the bomber coming in to kill it. anyways, please use the pcx method, its easy, smaller than bmp, and i can do it for ya (if XCC isnt still screwed up)

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found a use for the building and i might not release it... but who knows?

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it looks total pimp....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since im a nice guy i decided to let you guys use the patriot. Smile (actually i found out i only need the tiberium sun version, so ill only be releasing it in USA generals colors, and allies colors

animationwizard1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.96 KB
 Viewed:  18452 Time(s)

animationwizard1.gif

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dfgxjuofsdhgsdgsdgsd

animationwizard2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.98 KB
 Viewed:  18755 Time(s)

animationwizard2.gif

Joe
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill make damage, snow, snow damage asap

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon