Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Echilon: The War for Terra Nova
Moderators: Aro, daTS, FurryQueen
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject:  Echilon: The War for Terra Nova Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Setting: Terra Nova, in the Chiaros system.

Terra Nova is one of two habitable planets in the system. The other, Therum, is home to sentient beings called the Therans, who were almost identical to humans, bar one major difference: Blue Skin. The blue skin pigment comes from a particular type of radiation that the system’s star Chairo emits. Terra Nova, while habitable, hasn’t yet progressed to sentient life, therefore ripe for colonization. Colonization efforts originally were peaceful joint efforts from the Federation of Calistan and the “Conglomerate”, a coalition of dozens of Therum’s largest corporations, some based Federation territory, and some from the large island country of Noveria (who remain neutral).

After 40 Therum years of settling, small disputes began to break out over control of certain areas. 5 Therum years later, an all out war broke out between The Federation of Calistan and the Conglomerate. Following the outbreak of war, Conglomerate CEOs moved all corporate headquarters to Noveria. Shortly afterwards, top military and civilian scientists and some top military defectors from both factions came together to form the Novus Ordo (The New Order), a faction dedicated to furthering technology and the Theran race. The Cardinal of the Church declared the Novus Ordo to be an abomination and in defiance of the Church and the Theran God, Titus. A Holy War was declared, sanctioned by the War Council and Cardinal of the Church.

While the Conglomerate and Federation were warring for control over the more populated portions of Terra Nova, in the Badlands, the Novus Ordo war machine grinded into action. On the eve of the 50th anniversary of the first colonization wave, the Novus Ordo launched a massive and effective surprise attack on two major military installations. The New Sanctum airbase deep in Federation territory was hit by several waves of Novus Ordo experimental bombers. The Conglomerate headquarters installation in the city of New Calistania was pounded by seemingly stealth Novus Ordo artillery. The Conglomerate declared war on Novus Ordo as well, resulting in a 3 way war.

Last edited by daTS on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop. Paragraph time.

Last edited by Orac on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes.. please use 'enter' button :p

and oh, good story.. this is YR mod or TS mod?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:

this is YR mod or TS mod?

Has RA2 symbol when viewed here so I'd guess YR mod.

Story sounds promising so far.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's YR Ares. :p

Steam

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I have to say.
Terra Nova.
Name of a tv show.
Nuffsaid.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The concept for Echilon has been around for much longer than the TV show.

Also, there is zero correlation to anything remotely like the TV show (although, I do like the show)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't trying to say anything about the the two, just the fact that I love both, and that I think your mod will be quite fun to play..

I just find it funny that they share the same name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon