Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
A realisation:)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject:  A realisation:) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No matter how long time has passed, I always find myself back here:P I guess I just want to say that I love this place and I hope it continues to thrive in inducing perfection within mods, especially C&C ones since they are shiny:P

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you again Mortecha Smile

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you around mate! How's work on your WW2 SupCom mod? #Tongue

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh look, another one came back.

Steam

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They all come back eventually. Unless they're Gamemate.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, I've seen alot of oldies this year. It's good to see them come back once in awhile.

Although Fenring, DTX, and BTG are long gone now, they will never be forgotten
Or was his name DoctorFenTemplarGuardianX Hmmmmm,
JK Furry Razz "you should use that for your next name"

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I get banned again, I'll think of something. #Tongue

Steam

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi again. I always liked Dregan better.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha, my Australian drinking buddy is back again. Lets get drunk and throw the empty bottles at glass doors like old times. Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, buddy Smile.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to see everyone is still here, it is good to be greeted warmly after such a long time away:)

Dutchygamer wrote:
Good to see you around mate! How's work on your WW2 SupCom mod? #Tongue

I never started it in the end:p I have been taking the time to properly design and plan out possible ideas before even starting work on a project, while balancing the obligatory real life distractions that come up:P

Aro wrote:
Haha, my Australian drinking buddy is back again. Lets get drunk and throw the empty bottles at glass doors like old times.

That sounds like a fantastic idea haha,

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On that modding note, I do want to do something, but not something that will simply be another port or remake. Though those are good in theory, there is no excitement whilst discovering something cool or interesting.

What would be awesome is something that changes a games core mechanic effectively making something interesting, like making something cyberpunk or completely retro futuristic with a different resource system, or none at all.

Or something completely in space, or making cities building sized and having planetary invasion scenarios with different hypothetical alien races. You could even remove the humanist element completely and just have different races fighting it out.

There are so many possibilities:P

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortecha, you should take a look at my current mod, Echilon: The War for Terra Nova. I think you might find it interesting Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mortecha wrote:
or making cities building sized and having planetary invasion scenarios with different hypothetical alien races.

I did something pretty similar to this in Age of Empires 2 - it worked better than I'd expected, and made management of your forces much more tactically difficult since distances and ranges all scaled too.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Mortecha wrote:
or making cities building sized and having planetary invasion scenarios with different hypothetical alien races.

I did something pretty similar to this in Age of Empires 2 - it worked better than I'd expected, and made management of your forces much more tactically difficult since distances and ranges all scaled too.

Haven't played AOE2 in years...
Ahh... The fun.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back Mortecha! It's been a damn long time, man. As you can see, we have a lot of people returning, but not alot of released mods as we hoped of course #Tongue.

I've always wanted something game-changing as well, still RTS, but nothing close to the original game. Granted I've been working on a Steampunk vs Magic mod with power and land as a resource, but it will never go anywhere for sake of laziness.
I really hope someone will do something like that and actually release it #Tongue. Maybe you lol?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha, perhaps:P

I have been modelling the GTA 2 pistol and a a futuristic car:P I'll get some screenies up soon.

But, I wont be making a GTA2 remake since its too ambitious and unoriginal for a one man team. Though I can use the car for something else.

I have been toying with an idea to make a small prototype of a cyberpunk racing game, but to incorporate side missions to make the narrative more immersive, it will also prevent the "just another boring racing game attitude from players too"#Tongue

As its cyberpunk, you can replace all normal interactions other that engaging with underground "service providers" with "some sort of futuristic looking net interface thingy:P", and humanist engagements can be minimally scripted but not so minimal for it to be boring, like asking and paying for implants to make you a better driver..

For any interaction that may or may not take place, that is not with a "service provider" and is essential for the narrative, shader influenced comic strip like stills can be used with background audio to convey the story to a similar degree to painstakingly animating and rendering scenes to a movie like quality to make ingame FMV's.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting car design(4 front wheels) reminds me of thunderbirds Fab1.

A quick google also tells me that i'll probably like cyberpunk style.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyberpunk is awesome, and has had, and still has alot of influence throughout most forms of consumable media.

This game will be based upon the flash platform and aims to provide quick enjoyment like most other flash games out there. Only this project shall be more professional and polished.

Here is another car concept, bare in mind, the anomalies on the roof are there because it has been mirrored only to make a preview.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/Dregan_mod/Car2preview.png

Edit: the lighting is alittle off on this one too due to the addition of a plane underneath the vehicle.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has a kinda retro sci-fi feel to it, which is quite fun. I don't know, though - cyberpunk always gets me thinking of the sleek minimalism contrasting against industrial looking slums, so this is way outside what I've experienced as being cyberpunk - maybe I'm just not well versed enough #Tongue

Are there any specific works you're drawing inspiration from?

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd take a look at the TwistedMetal vehicles for some ideas Razz
^used to be one of my favorite games.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Orac - There is an awful lot of variation within the genre, your analogy sort of brings images from Brink, which has been designed to have a high contrast between the rich, clean and organised and the poor, dirty slums to define the two sides within the game.

There can be multiple shades of grey within these two defining characteristics as well the time the specific narrative is based. System Shock 2 is quite futuristic but is still defined as cyberpunk due to the overall use of the AI as the antagonist.

Syndicate, Johnny Mnemonic, Beneath a steel sky, Blade Runner, Total Recall, Robo Cop, Deus Ex and Neuromancer all shy away from the ultra clean and present the world as a dirty, violent, miserable place that's highly dystopic within varying degrees.

Then there's Judge Dread:) which is highly dystopic but also post apocalyptic.

A large majority of cyberpunk narrative is based around the net, robotics, AI's, machines becoming self aware, androids and bionic implants in a setting that is highly dominated by mega corporations and secret paramilitary forces twisting the worlds dwindling political powers to their own ends.

It is really interesting stuff haha:)

I guess I find inspiration everywhere as well as from my own imagination. I have spent hours upon hours looking over imagery, concept art and lurking on forums and such. You can find tonnes of inspiration from Deviant Art, CG Hub and Google images.

I guess playing a large array of games has helped too, not just the new ones, but also ones as far back as the mid 90's on multiple platforms.

@Cranium - I'll take a look, the wiki also points to a large array of other similar games, could be useful:)

Here is an update on that car I posted before, Its coming along nicely:)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/Dregan_mod/previewforppm.png

The game will strictly be isometric but will incorporate management elements from buying components for your car as well as implants for the player.

High poly models are required to represent the players vehicle within the management UI as well as generating various maps for an incredibly low poly version of the same vehicle.

The game will operate similarly to:

Skidmarks 2
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/Dregan_mod/previewforppm.png

and

Racing Mania
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2d1uL6Yb5M&feature=related

But with abit of a narrative behind it and some interesting race modes.

I am also considering some basic forms of weaponisation too.

The overall goal of the game is to get it onto Facebook and make it multiplayer:P But that is a while away yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!