Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
End of Nations
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject:  End of Nations Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

End of Nations is headed by Joe Bostic who is one of the brains behind the C&C franchise since the very beginning.

Here are some faction logos for people that might have run out of ideas:

...and no Clazzy I don't think they ripped of Novus Ordo

Source: http://www.endofnations.com/en/world/factions

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like End of Nations too but that's a pretty odd post, not gonna lie.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I like End of Nations too but that's a pretty odd post, not gonna lie.

I wanted to bring the faction logos to peoples attention who have run out of ideas to design one for their mod(s).

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has nothing to do with CnC at all. This is End of Nations by Petro, not anything CnC by either Westwood or EA.

All in all uninspiring icons.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
This has nothing to do with CnC at all. This is End of Nations by Petro, not anything CnC by either Westwood or EA.

All in all uninspiring icons.

How do you reason here? I said that the same mind who worked on C&C is responsible for this, neither does it need to be related as you seem to define it. But IMO the "DNA" of this game does resonate more with C&C games that people mod around here, than say Starcraft or Dawn of War etc. You could find things that inspire anywhere, even seemingly umrelated stuff. But your just trolling anyway. Your being very ignorant as you cant even recognise consistent similarities.

Supreme Commander is not Total Annihilation, but you can clearly recognise that they follow a similar "DNA pattern" in spirit and design.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
But IMO the "DNA" of this game does resonate more with C&C games that people mod around here, than say Starcraft or Dawn of War etc.
From what I've seen/heard EoN isn't similar at all with C&C, but closer to something like World in Conflict and Ground Control.

About the game itself, I'm watching it (especially when it's free, can't hurt to try it out), but considering the quality of Petroglyph's other games I'm not expecting anything great.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, if it isn't another thread of finding even the most far-fetched similarities between C&C, and a game with whatever ex-Westwood employee (count their janitor in) working on it.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi, I'm so tired of your involvement in this community. You always start these stupid threads, trying to piece together shit that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It goes to show how much you don't know about the End of Nations game and how much you are stuck living in some delusion that everyone here is so interested in the old CnC.

Furthermore, a pure white logo with three points (which looks like some sort of ninja throwing star or some superhero projectile), a golden bird's wings outstretched (haven't seen this one before) with a flame in the middle, and the green icon (which looks like a GLA concept icon) are all pretty much generic ideas.

EDIT: And even furthermore, you failed to address that this is NOT a CnC game and does NOT belong in this forum. Under your terrible and flawed logic, a musician could make a video game but to you he's making a game as a band project and we should all relate the game to the group, not to what the game actually is.

EDIT 2: And yes, EoN takes the CnC formula by having vehicle combat in it, and maybe some form of World Domination Tour. That's pretty much the only similarity between the games. And they're not even the same genre (as EoN plans to be MMO, where CnC has always had a rich singleplayer experience) so your "follows the DNA" argument is invalid. Petro's not even trying to recreate CnC with this game, unlike the creators of Supreme Commander who used Total Annihilation as a base for their own project.

Last edited by m7 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's funny because neither is this game is relevant to C&C, but Petroglyph clearly show WHY Westwood was not a great development studio.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is all I need to say. Pepzi, you're not even worth my time anymore. Even now, I'm wasting my time.

Steam

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Visuality, people. Visuality. Graphical designs of vehicles.

And why wouldn't people be interested in the old C&C in a C&C community? We are free to be interested in anything, even the old C&C. I'd say the majority of mods in this forum are interested in the old aswell as new (not exclusively, naturally).

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:

And why wouldn't people be interested in the old C&C in a C&C community? We are free to be interested in anything, even the old C&C. I'd say the majority of mods in this forum are interested in the old aswell as new (not exclusively, naturally).

Steam

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

So I guess all shooters take DNA from Doom, for having basic designs like HUD or guns? I guess all games also take their DNA from real life, or the first of it's kind to pop up. Terrible argument.

Quote:
And why wouldn't people be interested in the old C&C in a C&C community?

I apologize, I didn't finish that section of the post.

Code:
It goes to show how much you don't know about the End of Nations game and how much you are stuck living in some delusion that everyone here is so interested in the old CnC [b]development team.[/b]

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi, for the last time, quit bugging me on MSN about ANYTHING related to Westwood's grand fiction EVER. I'm sick and tired of Kane's "mysterious past" as the under-paid whore of Scrin, how the alien rebels fled to Earth after they had stole a hotdog booth from the Martians, or whatever trippy stories Westwood came up when they were high. I simply don't give a damn about their ridiculous attempt of binding the games together, they failed at it miserably. I was glad when these things were still shrouded in mystery, when we could still make up whatever explanations we wanted (that were a hundred times better than the official ones); now I can't but vomit when I hear of the x-men mutants.

Honestly, I've been tempted to block you just for starting these convos. I'm willing to discuss with you about anything else but this.

Also, Petroglyph =/= Westwood. End of line.

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

Pepzi, for the last time, quit bugging me on MSN about ANYTHING related to Westwood's grand fiction EVER. I'm sick and tired of Kane's "mysterious past" as the under-paid whore of Scrin, how the alien rebels fled to Earth after they had stole a hotdog booth from the Martians, or whatever trippy stories Westwood came up when they were high. I simply don't give a damn about their ridiculous attempt of binding the games together, they failed at it miserably. I was glad when these things were still shrouded in mystery, when we could still make up whatever explanations we wanted (that were a hundred times better than the official ones); now I can't but vomit when I hear of the x-men mutants.

Honestly, I've been tempted to block you just for starting these convos. I'm willing to discuss with you about anything else but this.

Also, Petroglyph =/= Westwood. End of line.

Poor Crim lol

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Poor Crim lol

QFT. QFFT.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, crimmy, btw, what do you think who Kane is? I think he is an alien mutant from a different dimension where everythings grey. And cause he was in colour, he had to flee the worlds, developing UBER POWERS to survive any shit, cause in reality its just an image while he is still stuck in that dimension, ... ... ...

#Tongue

Come on. I can't even see the similarities between Diablo and SC. Hell. And these two are developed fromt he same studio

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Shadow Revolution symbol kind of looks like the Theilaxu symbol in Emperor, with eye and the green (though only the one Theilaxu craft in Emperor was green and their symbol was brownish).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the responses in this thread. Piss off pepzi, nobody likes your westwood fetishism. YOUR KIND IS EXTINCT.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shut the ztype up with the westwood fetish. Stop vomiting this crap every couple months and join us in 2011.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While we're on the subject, does anyone else get weird PMs from Pepzi, like this one?
Pepzi wrote:
I have been thinking, deriving ideas from C&C games, Universe at War (the same minds as C&C), and other sources. Here are my theories:

What does the Nod Scorpion symbolize?

Besides from Nod's combat doctrine, there atleast two other things:

1. It has been said that the Scorpion has changed very little in 400 million years, it's a pinnacle of it's evolution, the perfect killer. That would describe Kane aswell. Kane also fits Nietzsche's description of "überman" that humanity should strive towards, according to him. Kane is Caïn, the murderer.

2. It could also symbolize his personal "crucifixion" of sorts. I will elaborate more on that.

Ancient human DNA was sampled to reverse engineer with the knowledge from alien DNA to create advanced humans. This was done by a highly evolved and advanced human-like aliens

The following is an excerpt from Universe at War Wikipedia:

"The Masari are a race of human-like aliens that have control over the properties of light & darkness.There technology level is eons ahead of any of the races even of the Hierarchy being able to manipulate energy and matter with mere thought. They were once Gods of both The Hierarchy and the humans, but when tensions collided with the Hierarchy, they were nearly forced into extinction, but one city ship was able to escape to Earth. Here they met humanity in it's infant stages and nurtured them into a civilization of different cultures. "

I think this could fit very well in C&C if worked around a bit. I think for example that Kane had X-men like abilities and became power hungry, and used his abilities to kill his brother who sacrificed the best of his flock to the LORD. Kane held the view that the culling of the weak was of the essence. Abels blood was avenged by punishing Kane in the way that he got injected with a needle instrument containing corrupting serum, that would disrupt his innate abilities, effectively stripping him of them. His unlimited life longevity was unaffected, but he was still left vulnerable to death through killing or accidents. Therefore the term "holy blood" has a new meaning. There is vampire game series that has Cain, the father of all vampires BTW. A barrier was setup above the sky, a generated energy field from an unknown source, because the energy was channeled through planets from all directions. The field was unnoticeable and harmless to anyone except Kane, because the fluid in his bloodstream was designed to burst should it converge with the rise through the Earth's atmosphere, killing him in the process. A cure for which he does not have, and no earth human possessed the blood type necessary to replace Kane's. So Kane sought to regain his power, that which could also be magnified through certain technologies.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
While we're on the subject, does anyone else get weird PMs from Pepzi, like this one?

Dear god, this is just... there is no excuse for this. This is just... why, Pepzi... why?

It's like an intro to a bad fanfiction that will end up staring Naruto and Doctor Who.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Yes me, sadly. And I love the older CnC games from WW despite their flaws (OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY) but I enjoy them just how they are. Pepzi you seem to have some sort of dissorder and strange problem with the older CnC's and especially Westwood, just let it go and stop caring, go outside or something.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is why I'm glad I don' "hang" around PPMsite... So I don't have to deal with kids like Pepzi.
o_O;

The best story is a mysterious story, leaving you to fill in the gaps with your own imagination.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my rundown of the story.

TD: The UN fucked up and made GDI. GDI and Nod fought. GDI won.

TS: GDI and Nod Fought. The Scrin said "ohai" and McNeal banged a mutant. GDI Won.

FS: CABAL got a raging hardon to kill all humanity. GDI and Nod fought. They miraculously put aside their differences and killed CABAL. GDI still won.

TW: GDI and Nod Fought. The Philadelphia got boned by a missile. The Scrin said hi. Again. GDI Won.

KW: Kane cleans house. His racist ass booted out the black man. GDI fucked up and blew the everliving shit out of the planet with the Ion Cannon. GDI and Nod Fought. GDI won.

C&C4: A raging grade A+ clusterfuck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
A raging grade A+ clusterfuck.

Pretty much sums up everything in C&C forever.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the subject of clusterfucks.
If you were skeptical of CNC-3's quality, play CNC-4 for a bit. Beat a campaign, watch every cinematic.

Afterwards, play CNC-3. You'll be able to see that most of its inconsistencies are pretty tiny in the grand picture, and that EA actually tried to make a classic CNC.

(I reinstalled CNC3/KW out of boredom a few days ago)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just watched all the C&C4 cutscenes on youtube.

The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
On the subject of clusterfucks.
If you were skeptical of CNC-3's quality, play CNC-4 for a bit. Beat a campaign, watch every cinematic.

Afterwards, play CNC-3. You'll be able to see that most of its inconsistencies are pretty tiny in the grand picture, and that EA actually tried to make a classic CNC.

(I reinstalled CNC3/KW out of boredom a few days ago)

C&C3 is a good game, a bit tank-spam, but entertaining.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my God, what hapened with this topic? I don't know if it is about End of Nations or how Pepzi got insane with Westwood, Petroglyph and stuff like that... or how screwed up is the C&C fiction. Anyway, taking into account the title of the post, I've moved it to Game Chat.

As most people wrote here, Petroglyph and Westwood are different things. Petroglyph has no direct relation to the Command & Conquer fiction, even if some of its staff actually worked on very old Command & Conquer games.

[Moved to Game Chat]

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES IT DOES YOU DONT APPRECIATE CANON BANSHEE YOU HERETIC YOU EA SELLOUT.

This thread is an abortion, by the way, Pepzi.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
[Moved to Game Chat]

Might'swell move it to crap bin while you're at it.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No need for it to be crapped. This thread is fun. Been a while since our last good Pepzi bashing.

Steam

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was fun to watch, but somehow I feel like Pepzi won't be coming to back up his theories for a while.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, he will.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Einstien went back in time and erased Kane, and with him went everything related to C&C.

Look! I bridged the Petro- Westwood canon gap in one sentence! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!

The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
YES IT DOES YOU DONT APPRECIATE CANON BANSHEE YOU HERETIC YOU EA SELLOUT.

This thread is an abortion, by the way, Pepzi.

LOL!

I actually like the cannon until the end of Firestorm. I think C&C3 brings a lot of holes and breaks some important elements of the fiction, such as tiberium. Kane's Wrath tries to fix few things and mess up other things. C&C4 destroys it completely.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure that C&C4 does not have a story line that can be considered coherent. Or existent.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I think C&C3 brings a lot of holes and breaks some important elements of the fiction, such as tiberium.

At least they explained it without technobabble. In fact, Tiberium looks good without the pods, too. What I didn't like is the supposed fact that it can spread on any surface, which it clearly doesn't do ingame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum