Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Side bar for Tiberian Sun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject:  New Side bar for Tiberian Sun
Subject description: For GDI and Nod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally I finished up with the new side bars for Tiberian Sun. This thread will be updated frequently now.

Critics, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Side Bar Preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.08 KB
 Viewed:  16104 Time(s)

Side Bar Preview.png

GDI New Sidebar.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GDI New Sidebar.zip
 Filesize:  580.94 KB
 Downloaded:  561 Time(s)

Last edited by Stealth Killer on Sat May 19, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ackron the Mighty wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

But it's a start. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As daTS says - It needs more stuff.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has some good potential to be great, but right now there are many parts which are imo too simple.

What i really like are the 4 buttons (repair, sell...) with the interesting border glow effect. This effect should be done in a smaller scale around each build icon, the 4 up/down buttons, and the powerbar.
The logo in the radar looks good too.
I would like to see the whole sidemenu background a tad darker and more detailed. The diagonal and vertical gradients from blue to white look too simple. They are also too bright on some areas.
Some parts like the building icons and the power bar simply stand out too much. They should flow into the background like the 4 repair/sell/power/waypoint buttons.
It might help already if you give each part a 3d-effect via emboss/extrude. e.g. look at the radar logo and try to create these smooth blue/white border reflections on several other interface elements as well.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
It has some good potential to be great, but right now there are many parts which are imo too simple.

What i really like are the 4 buttons (repair, sell...) with the interesting border glow effect. This effect should be done in a smaller scale around each build icon, the 4 up/down buttons, and the powerbar.
The logo in the radar looks good too.
I would like to see the whole sidemenu background a tad darker and more detailed. The diagonal and vertical gradients from blue to white look too simple. They are also too bright on some areas.
Some parts like the building icons and the power bar simply stand out too much. They should flow into the background like the 4 repair/sell/power/waypoint buttons.
It might help already if you give each part a 3d-effect via emboss/extrude. e.g. look at the radar logo and try to create these smooth blue/white border reflections on several other interface elements as well.

Nice Tips there Lin Kuei Ominae I will adjust these things soon as it was just a start, I plan to create a CnC 3 or 4 style Side Bar for both sides.
Thanks to all you guys, your comments and critics really helped out much. thnx again.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh very nice although it need to add some stuff, but good work overall Smile

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work, but... GDI is not blue and doesn't have that logo, unless it's C&C3 and to be used in a C&C3-themed mod.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's refreshing to see people trying new things. I know from (too much) experience how irritating sidebars can be to complete. The radar and buttons are fine, simple but nice, whereas the rest of the sidebar is far too plain; I'd also suggest trying something new with the power bar, in which I mean avoiding the simple horizontal red, yellow and green lines.
All in all, it's a great job for your first sidebar, but it still needs plenty of work. Some technical lines, circuit boards, holographic-like imagery and machinery would look really nice (I'm assuming you were going for a holographic look).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, good concept. Is the radar screen animated too?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberFCSL wrote:
Good work, but... GDI is not blue and doesn't have that logo, unless it's C&C3 and to be used in a C&C3-themed mod.

Heavens forbid we acknowledge C&C3! Grow up. VERY few sidebars exist for public or mod use, don't shit on it because it uses C&C3 assets. Find constructive things to discuss, not vent how much you hate C&C3.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting colour scheme, nice not to see brown and green for once (the TI sidebar still rocks though :p ). C&C3 was a cool game so it'd be nice to see an inspired GUI. Maybe add some more metalic parts though to give structure and leave the blue to the "energy HUD/visor" bits.

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice indeed!
Would you make one for NOD too please!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin, Volgin, always with your violent/offensive commentaries, please try to calm down because being violent isn't good for you nor for anybody.

BTW, I love C&C3 and I don't think the sidebar is bad. I think you're the one who needs to grow up, my friend.

What I tried to say up there is that it doesn't fit well into TS... but it's good if you want to make a mod about the third tiberium war or so... just my opinion #Tongue

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Evrey thing looks fine to me but for the area by the ↑↓ ↑↓ buttons. It need somting to cut them off like the normal side bar has.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hassan_2030 wrote:
Very nice indeed!
Would you make one for NOD too please!!! Very Happy

Once GDI sidebar is finished, I will design the Nod Side too.
I need your comments on the new unfinished sidebar for GDI.

Preview of Sidebar.png
 Description:
This one is quite detailed from the first one.
Unfinished though but I need your comments before finishing it.
 Filesize:  151.94 KB
 Viewed:  15720 Time(s)

Preview of Sidebar.png

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is for Preview ONLY

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
This is for Preview ONLY

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My advice is to heavily reduce the bevel but the overall scheme looks better. Maybe make the metal a little more detailed (less repetitive) and dirtier and the power bar looks better when segmented too IMO.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
My advice is to heavily reduce the bevel but the overall scheme looks better. Maybe make the metal a little more detailed (less repetitive) and dirtier and the power bar looks better when segmented too IMO.

Will see that, I was thinking to reduce the bevel too. As I said its incomplete so lot of work is yet to be done on it.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loved it! Smile

But there's something i don't find it fits well...I suppose it's that symbol in the lower part below the icons, and the powerbar looks kinda basic. =/

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter wrote:
Loved it! Smile

But there's something i don't find it fits well...I suppose it's that symbol in the lower part below the icons, and the powerbar looks kinda basic. =/

I'm thinking to make a logo for the lower part and powerbar will be darkend a little bit, its too bright right now.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Preview of GDI and Nod sidebars, command buttons under the radar and the up down buttons under cameos are still under construction (You can tell as they are missing here LOL).
comments and suggestion are welcomed

GDI.png
 Description:
GDI Sidebar Preview
 Filesize:  119.08 KB
 Viewed:  14649 Time(s)

GDI.png

Nod.png
 Description:
Nod Sidebar Preview
 Filesize:  144.22 KB
 Viewed:  14649 Time(s)

Nod.png

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth Killer wrote:
Preview of GDI and Nod sidebars, command buttons under the radar and the up down buttons under cameos are still under construction (You can tell as they are missing here LOL).
comments and suggestion are welcomed

Now your work is starting to get interesting, looking really good me likes, would implement it into my mod. Really like the choice of colors and overall design.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd get rid of the logos for missing cameos and the CABAL/EVA faces on the bottom, personally. The EVA sticks out a lot, and CABAL looks like a rapist. Other than that, ztyping sick.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look ok, just need to reduce the bevel a load IMO and make it look like actual metal if possible. But they're nice TDesque sidebars.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
They look ok, just need to reduce the bevel a load IMO and make it look like actual metal if possible. But they're nice TDesque sidebars.

I will adjust these things when I get enough time, still working on these sidebars and these are not FiNAL, I will reduce the bevel a little and retouch it a little more.

I created a Radar animation for GDI, Nod Radar is still under construction.

GDI Radar.gif
 Description:
GDI Radar Animation - ITS LOW QUALiTY FILE HIGHRES WILL BE POSTED SOON
 Filesize:  271.29 KB
 Viewed:  14462 Time(s)

GDI Radar.gif

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My only comment is the glow effect. It looks too much TBH. Maybe make them more to the grittier, rusty metal style? I meant the sidebar, not the radar anim. Can't say what's wrong with the radar anim, but could be better.

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
My only comment is the glow effect. It looks too much TBH. Maybe make them more to the grittier, rusty metal style? I meant the sidebar, not the radar anim. Can't say what's wrong with the radar anim, but could be better.

Personally i'm thinking to start over again, gota new idea for the sidebar, i'll be back tomorrow

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I'm highly interested into this, how's it going? That tomorrow never happened #Tongue

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My GOD! I love this <3<3<3

Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mew too, I mean me too.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
As I'm highly interested into this, how's it going? That tomorrow never happened #Tongue

Yep think so, I've been too busy Laughing

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhmm can anybody tell me where did you guys made this? Photoshop or something? It's so kawaiiiii~

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!