Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bioware Possibly Developing The Newest C&C Game
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject:  Bioware Possibly Developing The Newest C&C Game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I thought this bit of information would fit right here perfectly at http://www.PPMSite.com.

There is substantial evidence that the next C&C game will be named Command & Conquer: Alliances. This new C&C game will be made by Bioware's newly acquired development team that used to be known as Victory Games. At the moment, none of this information can be confirmed as fact but be sure to check out Spike TV's Video Game Awards on December 10th because Bioware is debuting a mysterious hidden game and all signs point to C@C: Alliances. For more information, check out the link below

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/121/1213953p1.html

Credit to Fusible.com and Gamespy.com for the information.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old news, and the new C&C won't be called Alliances. It doesn't make sense.

Steam

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It might be just a new site for C&C games, really.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, just wait...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the end of C&C, because GDI and Nod build an alliance. No more war. Just love, peace and harmony.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish this said Valve. I really want another war-themed hat simulator.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive!! just google commandandconquer and the link to the official site says: BioWare Victory Games!!!!!

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably throwing out everything CnC was built on based on the fraction of a second we see game play footage. I swear those tanks are Merkavas.

Edge
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully this turns out to be a normal RTS and not someone trying to redefine the RTS genre again.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I won't get my hopes up till the fat lady sings

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fact those domain names contain generals, redalert and tiberium I would imagine "alliances" is simply a new term for each games web portal.

If C&C does indeed develop into a game which requires subscription then there's no way I'm following, unfortunately. I wouldn't and haven't subscibed to any games it's simply not worth it.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
If C&C does indeed develop into a game which requires subscription then there's no way I'm following, unfortunately. I wouldn't and haven't subscibed to any games it's simply not worth it.
Same. I'm not getting excited at all about the rumored MMO style. And if C&C starts requiring bloatware like EA Origin (similarly to Battlefield 3), the game also better be really worth its price until I'll even consider checking it out.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
the game also better be really worth its price until I'll even consider checking it out.

Which will never happen.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, it's C&C Generals 2 and they'll announce it today, the Bioware/Victory Games next game.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How unimaginative. Oh well, people get what people wanted.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And if that pic is from the game, we'll get the same effects of GLA cars doing a 180 degree flip in midair when exploding. Ah well, old C&Cs will live (with mods) as long as the games continue to run on modern platforms.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The flip is fine until it happens with every single Technical exploding.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want more damn Generals games!!!!!!!!!!! That's not C&C!!!!!!!!!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberFCSL wrote:
I don't want more damn Generals games!!!!!!!!!!! That's not C&C!!!!!!!!!
I also heavily dislike Generals, but you should calm down a bit. If it's officially known as C&C, then it's C&C and you'll just have to accept it (like it or not), even though Generals didn't really follow C&C mechanics and I find the setting of USA killing terrorists quite boring and dull.

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberFCSL wrote:
That's not C&C!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again. It's as C&C as any other C&C.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype YEAH! GLA! GLA!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally, Generals 2. I want my glass-cannon-like Nuke Cannons, ultra-heavy Overlords and über-evil Helixes damnit #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals 2? This might be interesting.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets see how many of those little promises come true. We had game modes promised for C&C4 and never got them. I wonder if they'll actually add whole new factions as DLC as well... seems very unlikely.

But hey I shouldn't be so negative as this seems like it could be a proper C&C reboot as opposed to EA just dragging the corpse further. If they start sticking to their promises and give good support they'll get good results. Maybe they've learned...

Edit: Loving the look of that high angle screenshot.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that 'factions' could be being used to refer to extra individual Generals, ala ZH, being DLC.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let the QQing begin.

They chose Generals obviously because the lack of a storyline or plot makes it near impossible for them to screw it up.

RA has this particular Cold War gone hot theme to it. Hard to replicate, easy to over-exaggerate (see RA2, RA3)

Tib is perceived to have this psycho complex storyline with deep meaning, and given fans start PMSing if tiberium doesn't have the proper number of crystals, GDI doesn't have 45 Mechs ripped straight from Star Wars and the ground isn't entirely brown with a couple green patches, it isn't worth it.

Generals?
LOL GLA BUILT DA SCUD STORM IN JERMANEE
CHINA TO DA RESQ!
and
KILL THE OBVIOUSLY MIDDLE EASTERN TERRORISTS WITH LOTS OF COMANCHES

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals 2 confirmed for 2013.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C website hacked with information leaked?
sounds more like a marketing strategy in disguise

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those images are up on the C&C facebook page so it could be just marketing.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hum generals 2, despite that i did not like generals & zro hour i might get attracted to the science fiction look of some of the units, looks like "not too distant but cool looking", hopefully it delivers a fun gameplay.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blargh. TiberFCSL is right, duh.

Oh well... 2013 will bring me NEW VOICES TO MAI MODS.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GD, that may not work out as Frostbite 2 is using another audio format variant for there is no decoder presently like used in BF3 but maybe somebody cracks it by then or bother ingame record lol #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit. I mean, that's ingame footage? Holy shit.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
GD, that may not work out as Frostbite 2 is using another audio format variant for there is no decoder presently like used in BF3 but maybe somebody cracks it by then or bother ingame record lol #Tongue

WHAAAT?! Kill the bastards! #Sniper

On the other hand, I have samples from the XBox360 version of SoulCalibur4... if there will be interest, somebody will do it, I'm sure.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some one said ages ago:
Quote:
In ra2, infantry size was nearly a car's size,in Red Alert 3 and C&C3 KW, infantry got as big as a f%#!ing monster truck, in C&C4, a single infantry will fit and block the whole screen IF the resolution was 2048x2048, otherwise you wont see a damn thing

I have a big hope for that yeah.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum